• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

MBTI/SLOAN Big 5 correlation?

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Openness =/= intuitive. Just consider how many sensors test as intuitives on online tests. Scoring as a “N” on MBTI tests indicates that someone is open.

This proves my point that any correlation between these systems is weak. Not being confrontational, I agree with what you’re saying.

As a youth, I was a heavy reader, highly “philosophical”, very open to new experiences and ideas, resistant to tradition and “common sense”—I believe all of these contributed to me mistyping as an N type for many years.

The problem may be in that many free tests are just poorly worded and formulated

miss deceit

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Pretty sure I'm SCOEI (which is said to correlate with ENTJ I think, which could be spot on or a little off depending on which of the ENxJ types I am), here's my 2 cents:

The "correlations" offered on the site try to connect each dichotomy to an MBTI dichotomy. These dichotomies seem to be similar to how they are defined on 16personalities, which in turn isn't actually an MBTI test but a Big 5 test (they use MBTI terminology for marketing purposes).

So essentially, each of the SLOAN dichotomies are correlated to a Big 5 trait which are then loosely correlated over to MBTI letters. Hence why there is no functions taken into account with the correlations.

Vendrah

MBTI Type
NP
Enneagram
SLOAN is sort of, although not exactly, Big 5.

big5mbtiwiki.jpg

The correlations aren't weak, even though they are not ultimately 'supreme' and are prone to exceptions.

I had created a calculator with facets. Depending on the facets, and on J/P, one can be intuitive with low Openness or sensor with high Openness.

https://www.quotev.com/quiz/12999568/BIG-FIVE-to-MBTI-converter-quiz

Morpeko

Noble Wolf
MBTI Type
LEFV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I get RLUEN.

Opal Star

Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I get RLOEI, which would correlate to MBTI INTJ.