• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

MBTI/SLOAN Big 5 correlation?

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive, but I identify with the Limbic description somewhat also.

G

Glycerine

I see. This was my guess:

INTJ: RxOEI
ENTJ: SxOEI
INTP: RCUEI
ENTP: SCUEI

ENFJ: SLOAI
INFJ: RLOAI
ENFP: SLUAI
INFP: RLUAI

ISTP: RCUEx
ESTP: SCUEx
ISFP: RLUAN
ESFP: SLUAN

ISTJ: RCOAN
ESTJ: SCOAN
ISFJ: RLOAN
ESFJ: SLOAN
Wow, I am predictable. I got SLOAI

LeafAndSky

MBTI Type
ISFP
Global 5: sloan SCUAI; sloan+ s|C|uax; primary Calm; S(66%)C(78%)U(64%)A(58%)I(52%)

MBTI = INTJ --->INFP--->ENFP--->ISFP (currently)

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Global 5: sloan SCOEI; sloan+ sxox|I|; primary Inquisitive; S(62%)C(52%)O(64%)E(52%)I(76%)

SCOEI correlates with ENTJ....but really its pretty close to SCOAI which goes with ENFJ.

The truth is that I'm too phlegmatic to be a full fledged ENTJ. My 1w9 nature tempers the accommodating aspects people stereotype for ENFJs. In the final analysis, I think ENFJ still is the best fit.

Global 5 ................Global 5 Sloan Notation ......Jung/MBTI/Kiersey ..Strength of correlation
Extroversion...... .. Social/Reserved ..............Introvert/Extrovert High
Emotional Stability...... Limbic/Calm ...............Feeling/Thinking .....Very Low
Orderliness.. ....... Organized/Unstructured Judging/Percieving High
Accommodation... Accommodating/Ecocentric . Feeling/Thinking ....Medium
Intellect............. Non-curious/Inquisitive ........Sensing/Intuition Medium-High

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
RCUAI, description fits pretty well too, oddly enough. I know I'm an NTP of sorts, so I've broken the correlations quite nicely :D

pinkgraffiti

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
can we rehash this? i've been reading about the big 5. took 2 tests, am S(60%), L (60%), U (70%), A/E (50%), I (60%).
what are your mbti types/big5? i'm especially wondering about other ENFPs like myself...

G

garbage

ENFJ, SCOAI, primary Inquisitive.

While self-and other-perception of my JCF fluctuate wildly, Big Five doesn't.

Roughly, this and this are going to hold true of most, but not all.

Of note -- look at that low, low correlation between Feeling and Neuroticism. (Along with every other dichotomy correlation with Neuroticism, but.. that one's worth special mention.)

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
ENFJ, SCOAI, primary Inquisitive.

While self-and other-perception of my JCF fluctuate wildly, Big Five doesn't.

Roughly, this and this are going to hold true of most, but not all.

Of note -- look at that low, low correlation between Feeling and Neuroticism. (Along with every other dichotomy correlation with Neuroticism, but.. that one's worth special mention.)

This blows my stupid theory out of the water. Thanks for ruining my bullshit speculation. I feel sad and am going to cry in my room now. :(

It does suggest that the feeling/thinking dichotomy is somewhat more complicated than the other ones.

Last time I took that test, I got RCUEI, but I think I've gotten RLUEI before. It fluctuates, possibly.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
On the Big Five, I typically score low on extraversion, high on openness to experience, somewhat high on agreeableness, average on conscientiousness, and neuroticism.

I'm an INtp in the MBTI.

I score higher on agreeableness than would be expected for someone of my type. I'm close to the middle on T/F along with J/P.

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
On big five I score as SLUEI... I am always somewhere in between S/R, mainly limbic type with high score on being unorganized and aslo egocentric. I guess I'd be an eNTP based on this theory. Actually being an SLUEI fits me more than any other type I've read about so far. But there is some correlation and you can find it here on this site: http://similarminds.com/global5/g5-jung.html

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Forever alternating RLOEI and RLUEI. Primarily limbic, but inquisitive is pronounced, too.

LittleV

Just a note...
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3
RCOAI... lowest on R, primary is I.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I repeatedly get RCOAI. I took it multiple times, thinking that perhaps I was being dishonest in my answering, attempting to step outside myself and be more objective.

This type seems to correlate strongly with an MBTI type that I know I am not with almost 100% certainty.

So my question for people better versed in these systems: are there any other types that might correspond with RCOAI? Also, what might lead a non-INFx to consistently test as RCOAI? Could there be other factors such as childhood trauma, personal growth, et al? Could RCOAI correspond to ISFP, ISFJ, or any other types?

Maybe I’ll try taking it in a week and see if I get a different result. However, I did think the RCOAI result and the traits listed for it fit me very well.

I do not believe there is any strong correlation between these systems, and that attempts to connect them have been reaching

Opal Star

Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I get RLOEI on the SLOAN test. Borderline R/S and moderate inquisitiveness. Organized-dominant. So, I am xL|O|EI.

Opal Star

Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I repeatedly get RCOAI. I took it multiple times, thinking that perhaps I was being dishonest in my answering, attempting to step outside myself and be more objective.

This type seems to correlate strongly with an MBTI type that I know I am not with almost 100% certainty.

So my question for people better versed in these systems: are there any other types that might correspond with RCOAI? Also, what might lead a non-INFx to consistently test as RCOAI? Could there be other factors such as childhood trauma, personal growth, et al? Could RCOAI correspond to ISFP, ISFJ, or any other types?

Maybe I’ll try taking it in a week and see if I get a different result. However, I did think the RCOAI result and the traits listed for it fit me very well.

I do not believe there is any strong correlation between these systems, and that attempts to connect them have been reaching

RCOAI would correlate to MBTI INFJ. An ISFJ with high openness could also test as an RCOAI.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
RCOAI would correlate to MBTI INFJ. An ISFJ with high openness could also test as an RCOAI.

I know, which is why I’m puzzled and suspect any correlations between these systems are thin.

I am a Si valuing type, though I always test insanely high on the openness dimension.

This wouldn’t be a surprise to me, ISFJ RCOAI. I’m a walking study in contradictions.

Opal Star

Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I know, which is why I’m puzzled and suspect any correlations between these systems are thin.

I am a Si valuing type, though I always test insanely high on the openness dimension.

This wouldn’t be a surprise to me, ISFJ RCOAI. I’m a walking study in contradictions.

Openness =/= intuitive. Just consider how many sensors test as intuitives on online tests. Scoring as a “N” on MBTI tests indicates that someone is open.