• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Any function more of less useful than others?

sculpting

BITCHES YOU KNOW Ne IS THE BEST!

(Back to work I now go with my Ne bucket emptied. :) )

sculpting

I don't think lacking Se means one can't "react to external concrete details/stimulus/information what-have-you".

I don't think lacking Se means one no longer has sensory perceptions.

Rather, I think of Se as a disposition.

It's a way one orients oneself to the world, specifically with regard to how one prefers to perceive incoming data.

All human beings have sensory perceptions.

Se doms (and heavy users in general) just prefer to deal with incoming data in a more concrete, sensory-oriented way.

That is: they don't like to, or don't have much ability to, absorb the incoming data and see many abstract connections within it.

Hence why I feel that, in many ways, Ne is Se plus abstract connection-making.

(aside: although, I was just thinking about whether the same holds true for Ni and Si, and, at first, I felt that it didn't, as I believe Si does make connections, but, on second thought, maybe these connections are not abstract connections, but concrete connections, and, thus, the same thing can be said for Se, that it makes concrete connections; but, then, that got me thinking on the difference between concreteness and abstractness, which, I am sure, will now be a major question in my thinking over the next couple of days...)

I know your position, and you could stick to your ground there I suppose, but I do believe it's a difficult position to maintain...

Same goes for Ti.

I don't think one need use Ti to be able to ratiocinate.

I just think those who prefer to use Ti more tend to make their decisions based more on ratiocination.

Remember, this is personality theory, not the basis of our entire neurological happenings (unless, of course, you want to make the argument that it is, which, as I said before, I'm open to, but I think is a very difficult position to maintain).

Perhaps the super Ne perspective will help-I SEE very little of what is going on around me.

Often I take a middle step between physically experiencing the sensation and actually understanding it-a translation so to speak.

My auditory senses are very poor. For violin music I mentally associate it with vibration and feeling which allows me to absorb the music and FEEL it. I recently started to listening to some piano pieces which I found clanky. Until I started translating them into a visual scenario of flickering colors.

It is almost like I HAVE to find something to connect the incoming sensory stimuli to-or it isnt real. Weird shit.

(Ask the ISTJs about Si-anyone else will fuck up the description.)

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Losing any function will be quite problematic.
However my vote goes to Fe. Since it is possible to completely replace it with Te that is supported with heallthy Fi. (at least in theory)

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Losing any function will be quite problematic.
However my vode goes to Fe. Since it is possible to completely replace it with Te that is supported with heallthy Fi. (at least in theory)

*shudders to consider a world of INTJs that deny their Fe*

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
I'm not sure why it's scary, but I'm pretty sure I know why it's derailed...

Babylon, what did your post have to do with the op?

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
This thread is scary.

I KNOW! It's like watching the Nazis decide who was dispendable or something! :horor:

I think all the functions are pretty necissary- I just suck at some of them! :cheese:

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm not sure why it's scary, but I'm pretty sure I know why it's derailed...

Babylon, what did your post have to do with the op?

Woo Woo Woo. Derail police comin' through! Love your sig btw.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
^ Explains your lack of knowledge of detailed MBTI.
Not really, given that minor, missable details of a given theory are just that -- minor. You're one to talk about lack of knowledge, you think that thoughts are meaningless to a person's psychological profile. :laugh: People don't get much more stupid than that.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
*feels like the only person here who's looking at the big picture of things in a way*

:(

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Fe is good at reading people, ASO... it's more than just warm and fuzzy :)

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
because a lot of jobs require that skill... how will you know if someone's lying to you, or if they're genuine, for instance? Not to mention, sales would fall flat for everyone if you took Fe out of the equation, which would also hurt manufacturing and the economic impact of that would end up spreading even to the most antisocial nerd :)

sculpting

*feels like the only person here who's looking at the big picture of things in a way*

:(

Yes.

Fe is good at reading people, ASO... it's more than just warm and fuzzy :)

It is a social reciprocal bond. I think you could easily split society along a Te/Fi and a Ti/Fe divide. Either side could drop the other two judging functions and be okay, the society would continue on in a stable way.

However what's neat is that biology designed us to have all 8.

The Te/Fi is more suited to heirachal agrarian society while the Ti/Fe is more suited to hunter-gatherer.

So I wonder if we werent designed to be an adaptable populace. If we ended up settled, the Te/Fi folks would begin to outpopulate the Ti/Fe hunters-yet if things changed and we had to hunt again via a disturbance in equilibrium-the cognitive framework is in place to for the population to become more suited for the hunter gatherer Ti/Fe within a few generations.

Flexible cognitive evolution. neat-o.

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yes.

It is a social reciprocal bond. I think you could easily split society along a Te/Fi and a Ti/Fe divide. Either side could drop the other two judging functions and be okay, the society would continue on in a stable way.

However what's neat is that biology designed us to have all 8.

The Te/Fi is more suited to heirachal agrarian society while the Ti/Fe is more suited to hunter-gatherer.

So I wonder if we werent designed to be an adaptable populace. If we ended up settled, the Te/Fi folks would begin to outpopulate the Ti/Fe hunters-yet if things changed and we had to hunt again via a disturbance in equilibrium-the cognitive framework is in place to for the population to become more suited for the hunter gatherer Ti/Fe within a few generations.

Flexible cognitive evolution. neat-o.

Why are you making the assumption that Ti/Fe and Te/Fi go together? Also, T and F don't really 'go together' anyway; they are anititheses of each other, says Jung, at least. They each go with an irrational function.

As for Fe, keeping society rolling along smoothly is very important; maybe not the most important in regards to majority survival, but important for quality of life.