• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Any function more of less useful than others?

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I lost track of this thread and forgot to make a response that I had intended, but it looks like this thing is long gone, now.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
I lost track of this thread and forgot to make a response that I had intended, but it looks like this thing is long gone, now.

Yup.

As I said, it felt good for awhile.

Before the derail that is...

And before too many people started answering the question seriously, not like a thought experiment...

"Fi: we could definitely do without Fi"

"No Fe: we could certainly do without Fe"

:doh:

Last edited:
G

Ginkgo

By definition, Fi is the most useless function. Fi double checks for anything that is simply unconscionable,

Yo dawg, yesterday I was walkin' down Central avenue and this homeless fool jumped out from behind a bus stop and tried to mug me. So I socked him in the face and knocked him out so now I think he gots lots of Fi.

Jaguar

Yo dawg, yesterday I was walkin' down Central avenue and this homeless fool jumped out from behind a bus stop and tried to mug me. So I socked him in the face and knocked him out so now I think he gots lots of Fi.

What the hell were you doing walking down Central to begin with?
It's not exactly the safest street for a walk.
And it sure isn't picturesque. :D

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Frankly, I seriously doubt ENTJs are Ni-Auxiliary, given that they would sound like they were on acid if that were the case.

Why would that be the case? Ni is an internal process that most people, even Ni doms, describe as very difficult to express effectively to others. When you deal with an ENTJ, unless you're close enough to be trusted (and trust is something NJs do not place lightly), you're just going to be talking to Te+Se most of the time, which are quite good at stating things precisely, clearly, and literally.

If you get an ENTJ to explain his personal inner vision to you, he'll probably sound more like he's on acid...ENTJs are just not directly displaying Ni in their communication with others too often.

uumlau

Happy Dancer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Why would that be the case? Ni is an internal process that most people, even Ni doms, describe as very difficult to express effectively to others. When you deal with an ENTJ, unless you're close enough to be trusted (and trust is something NJs do not place lightly), you're just going to be talking to Te+Se most of the time, which are quite good at stating things precisely, clearly, and literally.

If you get an ENTJ to explain his personal inner vision to you, he'll probably sound more like he's on acid...ENTJs are just not directly displaying Ni in their communication with others too often.

Agreed.

As I once said to someone who wished to be able to read my mind, "No you don't. You would go insane."

The most difficult task of an xNTJ is turning the randomness inside our head into something logically coherent for the rest of the world to understand.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Agreed.

As I once said to someone who wished to be able to read my mind, "No you don't. You would go insane."

The most difficult task of an xNTJ is turning the randomness inside our head into something logically coherent for the rest of the world to understand.

I would imagine this is much harder for INTJs than ENTJs, for obvious reasons.

uumlau

Happy Dancer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

I don't think it's possible to say, one way or the other. Whatever reasons you think of as "obvious" are not obvious to me.

Personally, it's fairly easy for me to translate. I "listen" to the chaos in my head, and transcribe it fairly quickly. The problem occurs when I try to "say" the chaos in my head. It's an issue of attitude (pun intended).

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team

I don't think it's possible to say, one way or the other. Whatever reasons you think of as "obvious" are not obvious to me.

Personally, it's fairly easy for me to translate. I "listen" to the chaos in my head, and transcribe it fairly quickly. The problem occurs when I try to "say" the chaos in my head. It's an issue of attitude (pun intended).

I think the issue is different for INTJs and ENTJs.

This is why, the other day, Sim, I said there is no such thing as NTJ thinking (same goes for NTP, or any other combination).

There is ENTJ thinking, and there is INTJ thinking (if you choose to stick rigorously to the dominant model, in the first place).

INTJs start by generating possibilities from Ni, and then we tie down all these possibilities for public consumption with our Te.

ENTJs are already doing things for public consumption in Te-mode, and then Ni possibilities bubble up from wherever exactly it is they bubble up from.

They're really two different types of thinking, and that's why they're two different types.