• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Any types NOT feel like weirdos?

Biaxident

Charting a course
MBTI Type
INFP
I suppose at times I have felt weird, outside of the norm. But really, is there a norm? Just a few people trying to sell their version of normalcy. Sometimes I really have been weird and I take this chance to apologise to all those I have ever offended. It seemed like fun at the time.

Weirdo! :thelook:

:newwink:

Synapse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Unusual perhaps, different perspectives, cumulative information, taking the roads less traveled, seeing others points of views, relative to the norm which is subjective in its estimation. Perhaps weird changed to mean individually different. After all what does it mean to fit in, its another way to insecurity. When you are proud of your weirdness and shamelessly flaunt it is when its a good thing. This creature called weird, does it have bad BO, meaning body odor.

I haven't been called weird per say, although, there was this one time, nope I blend in too much which is weird. :newwink:

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I know a lot of weird people, and I fit in with them. So I guess I must be at least a little weird. The most normal people seem to think I'm weird. I like to think that I'm inbetween weird and normal, and that's the way I like it.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Well . . . the thing is . . . as a general rule, a lot of people do and say things that seem really weird to me. But since a lot of them do it and only a few people that I know really seem sane and the majority seem like weirdos, chances are that I'm actually the weirdo. I mean, I still think they are the crazy ones, but I recognize that by definition, I'm the freak.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
ESTJs don't. And that's why they don't come to this forum.

goodgrief

MBTI Type
INTJ
I think all Ns are more likely to be considered weirdos, because their ideas are more 'out there' so to speak.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think all Ns are more likely to be considered weirdos, because their ideas are more 'out there' so to speak.

But are N's more likely to consider themselves weirdos...?

CrystalViolet

lab rat extraordinaire
MBTI Type
XNFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I have just recently been informed I'm weird. I feel weird IRL at the moment. I miss the city, my friends and how I blended in.

teslashock

Geolectric
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
I feel completely normal all the time.

(Only the true weirdos think they are normal :jew:)

sculpting

In elementary and middle school I felt like a total weirdo.
In high school I felt quite weird.
Then in college I felt only a little weird.
In grad school i felt totally normal and rational and not at all weird.

Then I got a job. THEY WERE ALL STILL HERE. THOSE PEOPLE FROM MIDDLE SCHOOL. I was weird all over again. God damn it. It seems they just didnt want to grow up to be biophysicists, thus stopped showing up in my classes sometime in high school.

On the plus side my definition of normal seems to be an NTP. This could explain a lot.

lookingglassworld

MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
3w4
My sister says she's the only white sheep in a family full of black sheep!! lol Backstroking in a sea of weirdness!! Poor girl!!:devil::devil::devil:

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I don't know who or what originally made this poster (I find a lot of synapse's posters hanging around without credit given - of course, his posters are usually made from google images with no credit given so I guess it evens out) but here you go - I think this sums it up well:

ENFP.png

(in case the image doesnt work Enfp motivational image by LalaLovesSakura on Photobucket )

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
^
I don't feel like a weirdo but people clearly perceive me to be so. I think I'm a perfectly normal and reasonable human being, and its everyone else that is weird for not getting me.

This is the first sign of weirdness.

Same here :D. I only feel weird because of how people react to me and because I've noted that I tend to think/feel differently from what other people around me express.

In the "ask an ESTJ" thread, I actually asked if she if ever feels weird or wonders if she is normal, and she said it rarely crosses her mind (or something along those lines). It seemed like it was a fleeting worry that was quickly dismissed. And it came in the form of a random worry, not any real consideration based on experience.

For me, I've spent time pondering this because I am trying to figure out why people respond to me in certain ways. I've realized they think I am odd. Then I wonder what is "normal" and I observe "normal" people & think they are ridiculous. I've definitely had a sense of alienation my whole life...

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
It's easy to feel like the only weirdo around... isn't this just a part of the human condition? i.e. we all feel like weirdos, just in different ways, and forget that other people feel like weirdos in their own ways...

I think NPs have 'weirdo' thrust upon them. The introverts feel kooky/damaged/'different' and the extraverts just act kooky/damaged/different. LOL.

I really like your post though, I think it's very true.

I think that people are more normal than they think and more abnormal than they are aware. It just depends on what you focus on.

Some people look very normal but feel very different. Some people look really different but feel perfectly in step with society and normal.

Yes, I know, this is turning into one of 'those' posts. :p

It's important to celebrate our uniqueness but also see the ways we're connected.

I'm going to start my drum circle now.

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
On the plus side my definition of normal seems to be an NTP. This could explain a lot.

:thelook:

Dooooood, that's not normal.

I think I've discovered the root of your problems, lol.

gromit

likes this
I think NPs have 'weirdo' thrust upon them. The introverts feel kooky/damaged/'different' and the extraverts just act kooky/damaged/different. LOL.

I think that people are more normal than they think and more abnormal than they are aware. It just depends on what you focus on.

Some people look very normal but feel very different. Some people look really different but feel perfectly in step with society and normal.

It's important to celebrate our uniqueness but also see the ways we're connected.

:wubbie:

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkV-of_eN2w"]...and we are all connected to each other, in a circle, in a hoop that never ends[/YOUTUBE]

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6

I love this post.

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think ENXJs should get special consideration here. The ENXPs are weirdos...but at least they typically live with it and people know it.

The ENXJs on the other hand are usually better at trying to fake it. Thus we spend more of our lives feeling like either: "I hate having to constantly try to be normal!" or "If I were to ever just be as weird as I think, people would flip out".

Works

MBTI Type
INTP
Don't know about the rest of you, but as a teacher I have plenty of experience with young people and I can tell you that every single one of them was a weird little snowflake in some regard.