• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Any types NOT feel like weirdos?

BlueGray

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
I didn't feel that I was weird until about 6th grade when I realized that acting as if everyone uses the same mental processes as me was flawed.

Now I accept I'm different, although not completely sold on "weird".

gromit

likes this
Don't know about the rest of you, but as a teacher I have plenty of experience with young people and I can tell you that every single one of them was a weird little snowflake in some regard.
:wubbie:

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
As far as I know the biggest weirdos are usually people who don't feel like one.
What is perfectly compatible with the fact that most people consider themselves as weirdos. (since they are not)

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
As far as I know the biggest weirdos are usually people who don't feel like one.
What is perfectly compatible with the fact that most people consider themselves as weirdos. (since they are not)

+1!

KDude

I think every type/function has weird potential..like Te could be the autistic who can recite batting avgs for every 3rd baseman on the Baltimore Orioles dating back to 1979.. Ne can read minds.. Si might like sleep upside down. Se... well, i think some ladyboys can be pretty damn hot. :huh:

Forever_Jung

MBTI Type
ESFJ
I think while we all feel "different" sometimes, and it can be in a negative way, or in a positive way. I don't know if every type feels like a weirdo as part of their self-concept though.

Everyone takes their sense of difference, well, differently. Some NT's feel different when they see how much smarter they are than everyone (Not all NT's are smarter of course). Usually they are not guilty about this, they take pride in it. Not just that though, sometimes their objective view of the world can make it hard for them to fit in and relate to others, and this can make them lonely. NT's need love too! We NF's sometimes like to think we're special, and we place a lot of emphasis on individual difference, and we like this usually, because we find difference gives the world humanity. However, we are also self-conscious about being different and it is very important for us to have connection to people, so if we don't fit in it can be very upsetting for us. Some NF's will turn this tragedy int a point of pride and equate their tragic flaw as something that makes them special, some will just feel like crap. I have no idea about SP's, but they seem to be the cool ones in-step with things, but they must feel similar things to this as well. I am sure SJ's have felt out of place, but they usually have such a strong grasp on how to be in place that it might not come up as much. When it does I am sure it's awful for them, since so much of their identity is staked on normalcy. But even if once in a while SJ's felt weird, I don't think that's how most SJ's would characterize themselves.

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I always thought I was weird and that there were "normal" people until college when I had the most normal room mate ever. I found out after hanging out with her for a while that she could be as weird as anyone, she just probably didn't show that side very often. After seeing her be weird I know that everyone has some weird in them.

She married a traditional guy and has a traditional life and I wonder if anyone ever sees it or if she just seems very normal all the time. I like that I'm able to help even the most "normal" people act weird :D

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
I imagine SJ's would feel the least wierd, mine was almost offended when that question came up in the test.
It is said the SJs are matter-of-fact.
In other words, they are concerned about the topic. It is true.
As long as the topic is not weird.

lastrailway

I'd say that Ss feel less weirdos than Ns, Es less than Is and Js less than Ps (in this order). As for the F/T axis, I think women are perceived as less weird when they're F and men when they're T.

So an ESTJ man and an ESFJ woman would be less likely to feel like weirdos, while an INFP man and an INTP woman are more likely to do so.

Snuggletron

Reptilian
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
usually the most normal/boring people claim they are weird, I've found. It's pretty apparent even by looking at some people's social networking profiles, who seem to be drawn to claiming they're weird or out of the norm, when they're dirt average and typical. They'll label themselves with things that at one time had negative connotations but now it just makes people feel unique or something. A good example is that 'My Life as Liz' show on mtv if you've ever heard of it.

it's a pet peeve of mine but it's not necessarily related to type. Anyone can fall into it, Intros, extros, sensors, intuiters, etc..

my plea: STOP

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
I'd say that Ss feel less weirdos than Ns, Es less than Is and Js less than Ps (in this order). As for the F/T axis, I think women are perceived as less weird when they're F and men when they're T.

So an ESTJ man and an ESFJ woman would be less likely to feel like weirdos, while an INFP man and an INTP woman are more likely to do so.
I agree. :)

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think ENXJs should get special consideration here. The ENXPs are weirdos...but at least they typically live with it and people know it.

The ENXJs on the other hand are usually better at trying to fake it. Thus we spend more of our lives feeling like either: "I hate having to constantly try to be normal!" or "If I were to ever just be as weird as I think, people would flip out".

I see this with ENFJs....part of it is they almost cannot help but adapt to their situation. I suppose its a gift & a curse. ;)

But I love their inner weirdos! :hug:

usually the most normal/boring people claim they are weird, I've found.

It's those quiet ones you have to watch.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I imagine SJ's would feel the least wierd, mine was almost offended when that question came up in the test.

I always inform my ISTJ that he's such a weird man (usually for doing something so stereotypically manish that it makes me laugh... like setting up a man lair in the garage and then playing mega man out there :doh:)... I always get stared at in return with the phrase "as if you have any room to talk weird lady" :thelook:

I personally think that everyone is pretty weird though, so eh... :)

Snow Turtle

I'm starting to believe that those who classify themselves as 'weird' are just people who felt different to their peers. It's just... after a while... You sort of realise that everybody is a little quirky on the inside.

But Yeah. The SJ/NF/NT/SP who spent most of their childhood as a loner? They're definitely more likely to believe they are weird and believe that's the reason they didn't connect to others.

If you get on well with others, and they don't seem that different to you, chances are... you're not really going to worry about the whole weird/normal dichotomy. If you don't think about it, you're not really going to identify yourself as weird. These are the people who believe they're perfectly normal. xP

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
If you get on well with others, and they don't seem that different to you, chances are... you're not really going to worry about the whole weird/normal dichotomy. If you don't think about it, you're not really going to identify yourself as weird. These are the people who believe they're perfectly normal. xP

I've never felt weird on the surface. It's not something I think about most of the time. I blend in pretty well. The only times I do feel strange is when I start talking about how I think to someone or why I think the way I do or why I did the thing I did. It makes perfect sense to me but a few people have told me "you're weird" after I've done that. So I don't do that too often. :laugh:

Snow Turtle

Reminds me of my ISFP friend who claimed she was normal. Then again, she viewed most people as normal with a few odd behaviours. It's only when examining things very intensely that she goes into a weird funky mood... ^^' awkward....

It's certainly a different opinion to the idea that most people are weird, especially when shown all those psychological experiments regarding human nature. Only the 'weird' people focus on what is normal/weird.

You'd think this would apply to the SJ, if their stereotype about wanting to be normal is true, but what's really happening is that some individuals are more inclined to just get on with things rather than be bothered about whether their behaviour is normal or not. If it's not, they'll just shift it to what is the 'correct' thing to do. A person that's constantly doing this isn't really going to think their behaviour is that weird. =o

eagleseven

MBTI Type
INTJ
I know I am weird, demographically, given what I've done, and what I do.

By definition, everyone cannot be at the 50th percentile.

Snuggletron

Reptilian
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
It's those quiet ones you have to watch.

ngbbs46cd2e4a259e9.jpg