• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Is it HEREDITARY?

Amalie

MBTI Type
INxJ
Enneagram
Is personality hereditary?

If two.. let's say ENFPs get a child, is that child likely also to be an ENFP?

Roll debate!

StrappingYoungLad

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w8
Just check the threads where people list types in their family tree. Good luck finding any useful info.

Amalie

MBTI Type
INxJ
Enneagram
Ah, I thought I should have added "sorry if this is something discussed before". Thank you for the info. :)

gromit

likes this
My guess would be a "mostly no." I would suspect that your childhood environment would shape how certain traits are expressed and how well people have developed the different functions more than anything.

Amalie

MBTI Type
INxJ
Enneagram
Ok. It is interesting, and maybe impossible to answer. If you see similarities in the parents' and the children's personality, it could also be because they're just affected by their parents socially.

And, could someone please link me to the threads where family trees are shown? :)