• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

NEW INFJ WITH A QUESTION

SmokeyWC

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4W5
Hi, I am new to this site. I am an INFJ and have known it for years. It describes me perfectly, as does the does the 4W5 Ennegram. I find this all really interesting and have enjoyed reading from like similarly minded people. I apologize to those concerned if this is not the place for what I have to say, but I have a question. I won’t drone on about my horrible depression I am suffering from, other than to say I am forty years old, married and the father of two sons, but I have a question for all those INFJs 4w5’s – is there any hope? Hope for a satisfying life with satisfying relationships? Or is life a never ending quest for love, acceptance and understanding that is ultimately is unattainable? I just curious to see what other experiences are.

Thanks
Smokey

Forever_Jung

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Hi, I am new to this site. I am an INFJ and have known it for years. It describes me perfectly, as does the does the 4W5 Ennegram. I find this all really interesting and have enjoyed reading from like similarly minded people. I apologize to those concerned if this is not the place for what I have to say, but I have a question. I won’t drone on about my horrible depression I am suffering from, other than to say I am forty years old, married and the father of two sons, but I have a question for all those INFJs 4w5’s – is there any hope? Hope for a satisfying life with satisfying relationships? Or is life a never ending quest for love, acceptance and understanding that is ultimately is unattainable? I just curious to see what other experiences are.

Thanks
Smokey

:shock: You still think there's hope?:huh:

Nah, nah just kidding, 4's are always longing for such things (Well I guess we all are really) and while it is difficult for you to fill that bucket of feelings (it is probably a big one to fill) I think you will find there is hope. Every time I give up, something new comes along eventually. Mind you, I am 19 years old, but as an INFP, and as a person I know what it's like to be depressed and to wonder if life is hopeless. It very well may be, but maybe you're asking too much of life, and maybe you should try and create your own hope if life is not giving it to you? Again, I don't don't know you, or your experiences so it's hard to understand but I find life doesn't suggest any inherent purpose, you have to create it. Think of Sartre.

Also welcome! :) You may want to introduce yourself here: Welcomes and Introductions - Typology Central

And this topic probably belongs in philosophy and spirituality, which is here, if you are so inclined in such matters: Philosophy and Spirituality - Typology Central

Maybe report your post and ask to have it moved, doesn't matter to me though.

Amalie

MBTI Type
INxJ
Enneagram
I have a lot of the traits of INFJs, although I think the INTJ in me is the most dominating one. I use to call it IN*Jness. There are something about us. I see myself in your concerns. I can be afraid of happiness. I am in a constant struggle between my inner self and the outer world. There are things we are condemned to suffer from.
I am not going to speak for everyone, but I've spoke to another INTJ, and together we find support. Do you know which personality type your wife has? I think talking to others suffering from the IN*Jness would be a good thing.

:hug:

goodgrief

MBTI Type
INTJ
Hello fellow IN-J! Welcome to the forums! I also suffer from some depression, but this place cheers me up. It is nice to speak with people you cann realate to.

P

Phantonym

... is there any hope?...

This might come off as way more negative than it should be but...I think hope is all there is.

Some people can take the hope and look forward to the future, hoping and hoping and hoping, they never give up hoping and they can find satisfaction in that, however odd this may sound. There is no certain point where you feel that you are fully satisfied, there's always something missing, so you keep on hoping that you will attain it. It's an ongoing cycle.

But some people take the other way, they realize that hope is all they have and ever will have and they give up hoping, they give up on mostly anything positive and wither away in misery.

Which road will you take is up to you.