• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Fi Doms & Subs

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
So my question has to do with a bunch of the threads lately. Why when people discuss Fi do they talk about INFP (and/or ENFP) when ISFP leads with Fi (like INFP) and ESFP has Fi as a second function (like ENFP)?

Do people not find the same issues with ISFP as they do with INFP so when they talk about Fi they are actually talking about something else, like a combo of Fi and Ne? If Fi causes such questions with INFP shouldn't it also with ISFP?

This is actually a question, not a discussion on what type is better or why you hate Fi or why you can't stand people who aren't NFQs. Thanks!

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Yeah, I don't know what's up with that, like SFPs and their Fi is never offensive, crazy, and annoying. My eSFP ex is batshit crazy.

There are just certain stereotypes on this forum, most of which involve putting Ss down and complaining about how emo NFPs are.

It's almost like people just regurgitate the same complaints to have something to talk about. It's almost like following the crowd.

I'm starting to get bored with it.

Nomorenames

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
So my question has to do with a bunch of the threads lately. Why when people discuss Fi do they talk about INFP (and/or ENFP) when ISFP leads with Fi (like INFP) and ESFP has Fi as a second function (like ENFP)?

Do people not find the same issues with ISFP as they do with INFP so when they talk about Fi they are actually talking about something else, like a combo of Fi and Ne? If Fi causes such questions with INFP shouldn't it also with ISFP?

This is actually a question, not a discussion on what type is better or why you hate Fi or why you can't stand people who aren't NFQs. Thanks!

N-bias?

wolfy

awsm
I think a lot of the Fi talk on the forum is NF talk. I think Se anchors isfp to the real world somewhat. So they express Fi in a more concrete way. It never is Fi only. I think maybe there is a split in between Fi and Se that causes them to see Fi as somewhat amusing.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I think a lot of the Fi talk on the forum is NF talk. I think Se anchors isfp to the real world somewhat. So they express Fi in a more concrete way. It never is Fi only. I think maybe there is a split in between Fi and Se that causes them to see Fi as somewhat amusing.

Yeah, I'm gonna have to disagree. Ever seen an SFP with a severe anger problem? It's more concrete, sure. Like knocking people's teeth out with a hammer.

wolfy

awsm
Yeah, I'm gonna have to disagree. Ever seen an SFP with a severe anger problem? It's more concrete, sure. Like knocking people's teeth out with a hammer.

Yeah, you might be right. I guess that all that "we are the world" stuff flies right out the door then. Even anger would be expressed in a more concrete way. Not hitting though, I have never hit anyone outside of sports, much.

Last edited:

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Yeah but marm I thought you esfp wasn't exactly healthy, is that a normal way for an sfp to deal with anger?

Nomorenames

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I am sorely disappointed at the lack of sexiness in this thread

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Yeah but marm I thought you esfp wasn't exactly healthy, is that a normal way for an sfp to deal with anger?

Yeah that's why I said severe anger problem. I know other SFPs who aren't like that.

My experience of them, though, is that they definitely have Fi. I don't see them being that detatched from it IRL, maybe just seemingly more so on the Internet. They just express Fi differently - but I find they value authenticity just as much, and are just as likely to be emo in a different way.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
I like turkey subs.

No, the normal way is to eat lots of pie.

So I've heard.

I am sorely disappointed at the lack of sexiness in this thread

Here I come to save the day! :cheese:

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
^^^^^

Did you know your type says ESFJ?

wolfy

awsm
My experience of them, though, is that they definitely have Fi. I don't see them being that detatched from it IRL, maybe just seemingly more so on the Internet. They just express Fi differently - but I find they value authenticity just as much, and are just as likely to be emo in a different way.

Authenticity in themselves? I think that sfp value authenticity but sfp feel the need to express it through something. Rather than talk about directly how they are feeling. That is what I mean about the Fi/Se thing and Se causing a kind of anchoring effect. Anchoring as in being less abstract in expression.

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
Maybe a few things:

-People just aren't that interested, the bulk of what goes on here is about Ns connecting with other Ns. There's nothing wrong with that it's just that most stuff is discussed in an N bubble.

-NFPs seem a bit more eloquent when it comes to talking about Fi, so their responses are probably more interesting and insightful.

wolfy

awsm
Maybe a few things:

-People just aren't that interested, the bulk of what goes on here is about Ns connecting with other Ns. There's nothing wrong with that it's just that most stuff is discussed in an N bubble.

-NFPs seem a bit more eloquent when it comes to talking about Fi, so their responses are probably more interesting and insightful.

Eloquently said there, Quinlan.

wolfy

awsm
Isn't the core difference that isfp primarily express themselves from their own concrete interests and experiences. The same way that an istp applies Ti to concrete things and isfp does with Fi.

teslashock

Geolectric
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
My main issue with NFPs (irl and on this forum) has to do with a huge communication gap. The Ne is that is coupled with an NFP's Fi causes NFPs to make emotional connections and see emotional implications (hostile, hurtful, condescending, etc.) where I do not intend for there to be any emotional ties at all. My blunt style of communication lacks a certain amount of nicety to it, and this lack of nicety, for an imaginative Ne-er, is invariably viewed as [insert some negative emotion here].

SFPs, on the other hand, are more focused on what's actually apparent in the here and now instead of attempting to read into potential emotional connections and possible paths to hostility. They don't take offense until they've been given a clear-cut reason to be offended, rather than (mis)reading into the possible underlying connotation.

So yes, I think when I complain of Fi in regards to how I don't get along with it, I am typically speaking of Fi coupled with Ne.

(This isn't to say that SFPs, or any other type for that matter, don't generally possess features that bother me as well. I just think that the part of Fi that annoys me is more prominent in NFPs than SFPs.)