• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Pi = Judger, Pe = Perceiver; why?

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I bet you masturbate more than any male on this forum. You're the one who always manages to relate everything back to that topic :laugh:

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
^ Yeah, my grasp of mathematics growing up was always based on Ni and Te.

I recognized this long before I even knew what Ni and Te were.

My Ni understanding: I dunno, that one's hard to describe. But it has a character of knowing at the speed of light. Just, flash, it's there. I know it. I can't necessarily describe it like Ti would be able to, but I just understand it. Intuitively.

What I hadn't figured out intuitively, I learned best by talking out loud with the teacher or other smart math kids (i.e, Te).

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
^ Yeah, my grasp of mathematics growing up was always based on Ni and Te.

I recognized this long before I even knew what Ni and Te were.

My Ni understanding: I dunno, that one's hard to describe. But it has a character of knowing at the speed of light. Just, flash, it's there. I know it. I can't necessarily describe it like Ti would be able to, but I just understand it. Intuitively.

I feel like Ti doesn't understand things intuitively. It has to parse out precise rules and conditions to know what relationships necessitate things working the way they do.

I think iNtuition in general is much better at just grasping systems without being able to explain how or why, than Thinking.

What I hadn't figured out intuitively, I learned best by talking out loud with the teacher or other smart math kids.

Could this be Te, maybe? Sharing and developing impersonal ideas/logic with others?

I would like to suggest the idea that not using Ti often doesn't necessarily cause you to miss out on any skills. Ti is just a certain way of conceptualizing information, as is every function. I don't think any skill requires regular use of any particular function to be done effectively.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
What I hadn't figured out intuitively, I learned best by talking out loud with the teacher or other smart math kids.
I always taught myself math.

And, :doh:, I've always sucked at tutoring math, it's awful.

Other people's brains don't work like mine.

It could be an Ne thing, but we skip steps, and go about problems differently than others.

Growing up, math, hands down, was my easiest subject, and it was enjoyable too, yet frustrating at times, when neither my peers nor my teachers wanted to get all abstract and theoretical on it.

I do suck ass at physics, though.

Like, major ass.

Like, I'm a moron ass.

So.... yeah.

:)

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
But certain functions are probably more prone to be better at certain skills, no?

I believe both claims to be true...

I agree that ability to see certain perspectives (i.e., "use" certain functions) does tend toward greater ability in certain related skills, yes, but I don't like the assertion that performing x skill always necessitates "using" y function.

I really like poker examples, and this is a good situation for one: there are a lot of different approaches to winning at poker. One person's fundamentals might be different from another's and both might still be winning players. (I actually read a study where they compared the statistics regarding play tendencies between a bunch of the most successful high stakes players, and they were all taking extremely different approaches with totally different play style stats.) Different perspectives can arrive at the same goal via different paths...you don't have to use any particular function to be good at poker; you just have to be able to harness your preferred functions in a way that's conducive to winning.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
I gotta bounce, guys.

So, enjoy your masturbatory discourse.

And, Z, conserve some of that, um... energy for me. ;)

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
I agree that ability to see certain perspectives (i.e., "use" certain functions) does tend toward greater ability in certain related skills, yes, but I don't like the assertion that performing x skill always necessitates "using" y function.

Yeah, that's a good way of putting it.

Jaguar

Yeah. Seriously, Jag. You confuse me in this regard.

I mean, I find NTP thinking ridiculous a lot of the time, but you really seem to hate it.

Nope - not NTP. Anyone who manifests Ti in a restrictive, narrow-minded, pedantic manner.
That includes a couple INFJs who make complete asses out of themselves.

Take INTP Jennifer for example. She doesn't lean on Ti, and she knows it.
She's one of my favorite people here.

One of my other favorite people here is a self-proclaimed ENTP. Female.
Her brain rocks. (Don't waste your time looking in my friend list. She's not there. ;) )

I am not biased toward NTJs, or even males.
By and large, I think the women blow the guys out the door in this forum.
Their insight is stellar, by comparison.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
But manifesting Te in a restrictive, narrow-minded, pedantic manner is great, huh?

It's interesting how ardently you fight against "ignorant generalizations" when it comes to your type, but how easily you'll generalize about others:

Jaguar said:
Ti will do anything to preserve a theory, even if it's wrong.

You'll badmouth Ne and Ti in clearly generalized terms all day, but the second anyone tries to discuss NTJ weaknesses, you pounce on him for "ignorant generalizing."

Jaguar said:
Look at it this way, Sim, as long as you keep thinking all people in group A are the same,
you'll never have to develop your own personal potential. How convenient for you.

It's a good thing all Ti people are similar enough to be generalized about.

As long as we're careful to exclude people we don't like from the vaunted ENTJ group, of course:

Jaguar said:
And you think hairdressers who read Winnie the Pooh are ENTJs?

I looked all over every source I could find about ENTJs and their functions, but I couldn't find anything about hairdressers or Winnie the Pooh having anything whatsoever to do with it. Of course, since it's your type we're talking about, I'm sure nonsensical generalizations to keep out people you think are beneath you are perfectly justified. :doh:

Of course, you deleted that particular wall post anyway, just like you delete any that might make you look inconsistent.

Guess that's more of this "integrity" thing you're all about, right?

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
This is the thread that never ends, it just goes on and on my friends, somebody started posting it not knowing what it was and they continued posting in it forever just because....

This is the thread that never ends....

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

At least I didn't delete that post when I realized it might make me look inconsistent.

At least I had the balls to publicly admit I was wrong and not make any effort to hide past mistakes.

I'm afraid I can't say the same for you, Mr. Subject Change.

Hey class, let's do a little scavenger hunt--

Find one instance of Jaguar admitting fault for anything, on the entire forum, anywhere, ever.

Next time you delete past posts that would make your mistakes evident, save the hypocritical lecture on "integrity", mmkay?