• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Pi = Judger, Pe = Perceiver; why?

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
Well, then I will try to keep my dumb ass out of your threads. Ignore button enabled, Your Highness.

ivantheterrible.jpg

If that's what you gathered from what I wrote, well, then you are a dumb ass.

And if that's what you need in order to maintain your dumb theory, well, you're welcome to hit the ignore button.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
Edit: BTW, please do not refer to my ideas in any of your posts. If I am not worthy of being in your thread, neither are my ideas, even for the sake of you arguing about them.

I'll just let you know now: I will not be complying with this request.

I already have been writing a critique of your theory, and it stings too much if I try to pinch it off mid-stream...

:newwink:

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
BTW, please do not refer to my ideas in any of your posts. If I am not worthy of being in your thread, neither are my ideas, even for the sake of you arguing about them.

On principle, if this is an invitation-only thread, I shall refrain from participation as well.

I suppose that shall please you z, but I know better than to cast my pearls before swine.

At your wish, m'lord.

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I saw that you were going to get back to me later 'on my theory.' First of all, it's not a theory; it's a tendril of an idea. Second of all, I do not care to philosophize with a dick who treats people judgmentally and discriminatorally, based on his egocentric bias. It's a shame because good things could come from it, possibly. Finally, you are far too controlling for my tastes, giving kudos and kissing 'smart' people's asses here, cutting 'dumb' people down there, saying who is worthy and not worthy of posting in 'your' thread. Are you serious? It's ridiculous and I think it's pathetic I am one of the only ones (besides Jag) who has called you out on it.

It sounds like you are under stress or something. I don't know if this is the normal Z or not, but I have no desire to discuss, or even banter, with someone who treats people the way you have today and in the past few days.

Edit: Actually others exhibited disgust as well, but you probably didn't notice.

Last edited:

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
Well, to be honest, it won't really bother me.

And it's not invitation-only; it's just "get the fuck out" if you start fucking it up.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
I saw that you were going to get back to me later 'on my theory.' First of all, it's not a theory; it's a tendril of an idea. Second of all, I do not care to philosophize with a dick who treats people judgmentally and discriminatorally, based on his egocentric bias. It's a shame because good things could come from it, possibly. Finally, you are far too controlling for my tastes, giving kudos and kissing 'smart' people's asses here, cutting 'dumb' people down there, saying who is worthy and not worthy of posting in 'your' thread. Are you serious? It's ridiculous and I think it's pathetic I am one of the only ones (besides Jag) who has called you out on it.

It sounds like you are under stress or something. I don't know it this is the normal Z or not, but I have no desire to discuss, or even banter, with someone who treats people the way you have today and in the past few days.

Now see, Darling, that sentiment you just expressed: that's Fe.

And obviously, I do not share it with you.

Point made.

:hi:

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
^Why 'use' my ideas? Use your own. You were just complaining about me derailing your precious thread. Why would you want to muck it up anymore?

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
You can have Night delete this post too if you like:

People say the SJ's are controlling ... my hubs is an ESTJ and he would not talk to anyone like this, online or IRL.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
Look, if I've actually offended anybody (other than onemoretime), I'm sorry.

Below is my explanation to charmed justice.

I'm not meaning to be an ass, but this more or less explains my behavior:

charmed justice said:
Do you need a hug?
zarathustra said:
No...

I'm just worked up.

People derailing my thread, then being criticized by an INFJ for simply trying to fix it, it's just... echhh, new job = not much time to read/write anymore = frustrated when awesome thread gets derailed = more frustrated when criticized for simply trying to keep it awesome.
zarathustra said:
Hearing that from you does make me feel a little bit of shame, though.
zarathustra said:
I think I might just have to quit typeC.

Not enough time anymore. Probably makes me testy when things don't go how I want them to.

:frown:

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
^Why 'use' my ideas? Use your own. You were just complaining about me derailing your precious thread. Why would you want to muck it up anymore?

Because unlike you, I use Te. For me, ideas are public.

You asked me a few weeks ago what I thought, and I was absolutely 100% confident in my answer: you use tertiary Ti.

Your statement above is proof perfect, and your long, drawn-out emails reek of it.

I don't use Fe. For me, feelings aren't public.

My behavior on this entire thread is proof perfect.

If both these facts are not enough to make you reconsider your little tendril of an idea, I don't know what on Earth possibly will be.

(And I say this with all possible compassion, honestly not trying to be an ass.)

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
You don't need to quit the site; you need to relax your need to control. In fact, you do have control here but you fail to see it.

I've offered soft feedback already, here and on our walls. All you need to do to re-rail your thread is collect your thoughts, ignore posts that are too tangential for your taste, rewrite a summary post and move on.

But if you get all pissy at everyone for talking about things you don't want to talk about, or disagreeing with you outright, this is what your thread will devolve to.

Every time!

Stop and take a breath. I send you a hug even under these circumstances. I hear your frustration. But spilling out all over everyone else in thread isn't going to solve anything or make you feel better.

:hug: And please don't be nasty to aphrodite; her thread pseudo-combined with this one resulting in some of the topic spill-over. No one is trying to make a mockery of what you are trying to understand here.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
Look, I haven't been nasty to aphrodite (that sounds funny...:wink:) cuz her thread spilled over onto mine. I was fine with that part.

It's her attempt to use Fe to "mother" me to behave "correctly" that made me angry with her.

But I'm over it. Too much anger, too much frustration...

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
But as for typeC, I think I'm gone.

I need to be working 60-80 hours a week over the next month to finish a project, and typeC just requires too much time if you want to get what you want out of it.

I appreciate the sentiment, but you just don't have all the details.

Thanks, though. :hug:

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Where I'd like to put the attention of the thread is whether the interaction between two introverted functions in an individual is necessarily unhealthy...

We often talk about it in its unhealthy form, specifically with regards to an introverted dominant function and an introverted tertiary function or an extraverted dominant function and an extraverted tertiary function (i.e., what is commonly referred to as a "loop"), but I don't think it necessarily need be unhealthy.

This, of course, is one of my criticism's of Aphrodite's argument in support of her theory from way back last night.

In her argument, she assumed that this interaction need be unhealthy; I, on the other hand, completely disagree.

(In Mike Meyer's Jewish lady's voice from "Coffee Talk" on SNL): Talk amongst yourselves...

(I'm going back to work)

The determining factor here is moderating influence from the auxiliary.

The tertiary (and even the inferior, with time) can have positive influences; it's just that we need to focus on getting a solid handle on the auxiliary before we start bringing the tertiary into the picture.

It's skipping the auxiliary to work on the tertiary that results in an unbalanced dom+tert loop, not use of the tertiary itself (which is not inherently unhealthy.)

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
Part two:

charmed justice said:
Mmm, it's getting way too heated in that thread. It was awesome though. I'm still lost on how it all became so personal for everyone. It's just a flamefest now. I'm not trying to make you feel shameful, I'm sorry if that was the result. You're just coming across so harsh and I can feel the intensity is all.
zarathustra said:
Yeah, it's just that, well, you know how I feel about you.

And I have reason to feel shame. I've been an ass.

I think it's completely justifiable what I've done, but, well, it just seems I can't have my career AND typeC at the same time...

And I've learned to like this place so damn much, too...

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

It sounds like you are under stress or something. I don't know if this is the normal Z or not, but I have no desire to discuss, or even banter, with someone who treats people the way you have today and in the past few days.

Seriously, who wants to talk to [white male] INTJs? They're obviously racist, sexist, typist pricks.

This looks like Ti. You're trying to show internal inconsistency between his stated ideas in order to use a reductio ad absurdum argument. It's supposed to convince other Ti-ers that Z is untrustworthy because his ideas contradict each other. (Which I don't think they do in this case, by the way, but I guess that's the difference between aux and tert Ti.) :)

Normally Ni doesn't necessarily mind theoretically contradictory ideas, as long as they're just introverted ideas, but here comes unconscious tertiary influence! :eek:

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
The determining factor here is moderating influence from the auxiliary.

The tertiary (and even the inferior, with time) can have positive influences; it's just that we need to focus on getting a solid handle on the auxiliary before we start bringing the tertiary into the picture.

It's skipping the auxiliary to work on the tertiary that results in an unbalanced dom+tert loop, not use of the tertiary itself (which is not inherently unhealthy.)

I like it.

And I know this is not exactly your cup of tea, but what would you think of a shadow function used... ok, fuck it. I'm just gunna be specific, cuz this question obviously is based off my own experience:

If you think an INTJ could combine Ni and Fi in a healthy manner, then what do you think of an INTJ using Ni and his shadow Ti in conjunction with one another? Assuming he is able to access Ne and Ti to a degree relatively similar to (maybe stronger than, maybe weaker than, maybe equal to) that of a tertiary function? (Just play along, Sim...:wink:)