• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Pi = Judger, Pe = Perceiver; why?

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'll publically acknowledge (at least from what I've seen lately) I think sim has been showing higher levels of self-control and using better manners overall to express his thoughts.

But there's stuff in that response above that could be "called out" too ...

Since this post is irrelevant to the thread, my apologies for the derail.

Are you referring to me in the "called out" part? Or someone else?

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
^ referring to sim's quoted response to tesla, not to yours. Sorry for the confusion.

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
I'm going to leave this post intact as an instructive guide for everyone involved in this thread.

Please listen to uumlau.

I guess I have a problem with this cleansing - Z gets to offend in his own thread, then gets it tidily wiped up? This derail did not appear to originate with onemoretime ...

My initial post was informative and pertinent in that it showed the irony of Z's comment to him without offending anyone or pointing fingers. Yet it is graveyarded from thread.

There has been more massively offensive content in other threads than this one ... At any rate, since this too is off topic I shall now exit this thread.

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I guess I have a problem with this cleansing - Z gets to offend in his own thread, then gets it tidily wiped up? This derail did not appear to originate with onemoretime ...

My initial post was informative and pertinent in that it showed the irony of Z's comment without offending anyone or pointing fingers. Yet it is graveyarded from thread.

There has been more massively offensive content in other threads than this one ... At any rate, since this too is off topic I shall now exit this thread.

Wait. Your post calling out Z on his ignorance got deleted? I loved that post. Very well done. :devil: :smile:

Edit: Although my methods are pretty much like his. It's an aspect of Ni.

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
Wait. Your post calling out Z on his ignorance got deleted? I loved that post. Very well done. :devil: :smile:

Yes it did and the brevity of it communicated a potentially important message.

With a more mature Fi, Z would have recognized the greater truth and should have just acknowledged it and moved on after that, but no.

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

With a more mature Fi, Z would have recognized the greater truth and should have just acknowledged it and moved on after that, but no.

Well, you know I put little stock in an INTJs Fi. So..........

uumlau

Happy Dancer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

My initial post was informative and pertinent in that it showed the irony of Z's comment to him without offending anyone or pointing fingers. Yet it is graveyarded from thread.

It shall live on in our memories. I fully expected my post in the same context to also be deleted, so I think it's the exception that proves the rule: remove the cluttering content, leave the discussion intact.

AND NOW, to bring the thread back on topic ...
Well, you know I put little stock in an INTJs Fi. So..........

Well, I put a lot of stock in INTJ Fi. It's one of the key points of your ideas and worth discussing.

I believe that you are mistaking the "rule following" that Te does for communication to be Fe. INTJ is essentially "pantomiming" Fe. We know what polite behavior looks like, but we don't actually understand it the same way. Here's a simplistic example: a young child might know a rule such as "when a performance is done, you're supposed to clap." It has nothing to do with why you clap, it's just the rule. There's no understanding of the Fe part, that you clap to show appreciation, and that you adjust how you clap based on how good the performance was. It's just "you're supposed to clap." If you pay attention to INTJs, they're following "rules," not actually reading situations for an appropriate response.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team

No offense, ladies, but a dom Fi user and an aux Fe user complaining about my conduct is really not gunna accomplish anything.

You don't have proper context nor the correct functional arrangement to understand why I did what I did.

Uumlau's comments, on the other hand, actually hold value to me.

Nevertheless, I would love to continue this conversation, but only if could we do it on another thread.

I'd prefer not to completely derail this one any more than I (and others) already have.

Night? :cheese:

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
Oh, and PeaceBaby, It has nothing to do with having a more mature Fi. That comment is just funny.

What it does have to do with is having strong enough Ni and Te to realize that your comment was actually completely vacuous. It was cute and punchy on the surface (even I thought so). But when you stare deeper into it, there were essentially no meaningful connections between what I said to onemoretime and what you said to me.

In that sense, it really did just become an insult, and had no really meaning or value -- other than that of an attempted censure -- whatsoever.

You may think so, but that's only cuz you don't understand why I said what I did to onemoretime.

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
"Hwa is thet mei thet hors wettrien the him self nule drinken."

Enjoy your party. Table for one, sir?

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
Here's where I'd like to get back to:
teslashock said:
If you're wondering why Je-ers can't also be Pe-ers and why Ji-ers can't also be Pi-ers, I'd say it's due to a cognitive inconsistency between Pi/Ji and Pe/Je that just doesn't compute well. It doesn't make any sense for someone to simultaneously see the environment as something to empirically evaluate before garnering an impression (Je) while also responding immediately to it, according to momentary sense impressions, before understanding it empirically (Pe). Likewise, it doesn't make sense to build an internal construct that's derived subjectively (Ji) while also building an internal construct that's made from external information (Pi).

zarathustra said:
Now here's the controversial part, which uumlau points to in his next question (and which Sim provides a good answer to in his post).

Before this part of your post, everything rang with absolute truth.

In this paragraph, that ringing stopped sounding so true...

The words that I've bolded just don't carry much force.

I'm not sure whether they lack force because they aren't necessarily representationally true, and thus you're having a hard time making a strong case about this part of the theory, or whether you are actually capable of a strong explanation of these matters, but just got tired or lazy.

And with regards to the latter two sentences: don't we rather regularly talk about PeJe and PiJi loops?

(Note: I see you address these in your post directly above this one, and I think your claim about how they relate to healthy/unhealthy cognition and mental productivity/unproductiveness has a load of merit to it.)

I know you said in your most recent post that I seemed content with your healthy/unhealthy cognition and mental productivity/unproductiveness, but, in all reality, I'm just getting my chops wet on this topic.

Why do you think it is that Pi/Ji and Pe/Je combination would produce unhealthy cognition and mental unproductiveness?

Do you think this would be more in reference to an aux/dom combination with these characteristics, or do you think it is an unhealthy/unproductive combination regardless of functional position?

Any other thoughts on the matter?

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
Onemoretime: the only people I've had issues with on this forum have been you, Ape, and Lex Talionis.

Interesting company you find yourself in... :hi:

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
It's one of the key points of your ideas and worth discussing.

I believe that you are mistaking the "rule following" that Te does for communication to be Fe. INTJ is essentially "pantomiming" Fe. We know what polite behavior looks like, but we don't actually understand it the same way. Here's a simplistic example: a young child might know a rule such as "when a performance is done, you're supposed to clap." It has nothing to do with why you clap, it's just the rule. There's no understanding of the Fe part, that you clap to show appreciation, and that you adjust how you clap based on how good the performance was. It's just "you're supposed to clap." If you pay attention to INTJs, they're following "rules," not actually reading situations for an appropriate response.

Thank you.

I don't consider INTJs rule followers, per se. I know you know the rules, backwards and forwards, but it's really up to your discretion of your Ni and other facets of your psyche and individual variations that make someone a rule follower or breaker. You know what polite behavior is, and you use it because you are adept at Fe. It need not be convoluted such as going through Te and all that. As a tertiary function, if you were Fi more than Fe, Fi would simply show up more. And I don't see that, unless one of you is stressed for some reason, or arguing vigorously, for example. Sure, I get that Fe and Te could work together, mine do, but it's simply that. It's easy for Te and Fe to work together, and difficult for Te and Fi, or Fe and Ti to work together.

I stated on the other thread that Fe and Ti don't jive at all. Do you really think when you are extraverting thinking that you are likely to introvert feeling on a regular basis? The two are antithesis to each other, I'd think. I know Fe and Ti are. If I'm Fe-ing, I'm not Ti-ing, and vice versa with Te and Fi.

You wouldn't understand Fe like an Fe dom or aux would. I don't understand Te like you do, do I? I appreciate your example. it's exactly what I'm talking about, and would expect in using Fe as a healthy teriary function. The *why* doesn't matter. The action of following through on a consistent basis with the clapping is Fe, no matter the motivation. If a child is made to clap and does it once because his mom is watching, that means nothing. If the child internalizes the behavior and uses it consistently, that is Fe. If the child knows he should clap but doesn't feel like clapping, and therefore rarely claps, that is either not Fe, or it is unhealthy Fe (i'm afraid to say it's Fi :cheese: ). My point is that it is not *why* the person does the behavior necessarily, it is the act itself that is important and a manifestation of Fe. This, actually, is a good description of Jung's Fe definition, which is fitting because he was a T himself; that Fe is about knowing the rules of society and using them. If you are doing that, why must we twist it around Te, and not just call it what it is?

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
My point is that it is not *why* the person does the behavior necessarily, it is the act itself that is important and a manifestation of Fe.

If you are doing that, why must we twist it around Te, and not just call it what it is?

Perhaps because the *why* does matter, so the two things are really not the same...

As an INTJ, I certainly identify with what uumlau was saying, and I really don't think what he described is the same process an Fe-user engages in.

I think Fe users feel a tug on their heart strings to follow the social rule and have a genuine desire to follow this tug, and thus follow it naturally -- something very different than what an INTJ feels when he merely mimics this behavior.

The difference is in whether we feel a genuine desire to clap, or only clap due to our wanting to follow the general social rule so that our goals will not be compromised due to ostracization for not following the rule.

Either one could be taking place at any one time, but, even when the former occurs, it's likely due to Fi (not Fe), and, when we do the latter, we, as uumlau said, try to feign Fe (or Fi) using our Te.

In certain circumstances, however, perhaps under the influence of certain drugs, or for an INTJ who actually happens to genuinely use Fe (which I believe is very rare), we may actually use Fe in this scenario.

I just don't think that's true in the vast majority of circumstances.