User Tag List

First 2345614 Last

Results 31 to 40 of 393

  1. #31
    Let Go Of Your Team Zarathustra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    8,154

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    Well there are two variables involves, which is why I understood that EPs were considered less judgemental than IPs. It's two variables with J/P being the dominant one (think of genetic alleles ).
    Yeah, but it was the dominant "allele" (i.e., having a Je dominant function) that I was referring to as being the cause of Jness...

    All good discussion, though. Been very thought-provoking...
    The Justice Fighter

    INTJ - 6w5 8dw 3w4 sx/so - Neutral Good

    "I trust what you are doing though…I just see it a little differently.
    I don’t see it as you stepping away from the fire. I see it as the fire directing your course.
    No matter how airy or earthy or watery you become... to many of us you will always be...a super nova."

    "Behind these gates of seeming warmth sits, loosely chained, a fierce attack dog. Perhaps not crazy, but dangerous"

    The Aggressive 6
    Debator


  2. #32
    Glycerine
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    Yeah, but open-mindedness might be a J's form of closure (i.e., myself) while close-mindedness might be a P's form of "openness" (echh... the worst -- this is what I hate about some Ps... they think they're open-minded, when, in fact, they're close-minded as shit).
    Interesting take. I would think that someone who thinks they are open but are actually closed-minded might be deluded. Out of curiosity, how is closed-mindedness a form of openness?

  3. #33
    Senior Member Little_Sticks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    1,370

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    Eh, I'm not too sure about this.
    ^ Mistyped!























    jk

  4. #34
    Let Go Of Your Team Zarathustra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    8,154

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pitseleh View Post
    Interesting take. I would think that someone who thinks they are open but are actually closed-minded might be deluded. Out of curiosity, how is closed-mindedness a form of openness?
    In fact, it's not; it is, as you said, deluded "open-mindedness".

    In the perception of the subject, they are open-minded; however, in truth, they are close-minded.

    I'm thinking of the close-minded ExFP who thinks she's open-minded because she believes in... hmm, let's say, gay marriage, for example... and she cannot imagine how anybody else could not have a different opinion about gay marriage, and, furthermore, that anyone who does have a different opinion must be close-minded.

    In this case, the ExFP might think she's open-minded, but, in reality, an open-minded person would be open to the idea that people could have differing opinions about gay marriage.

    Thus, her "open-mindedness" is actually close-mindedness.
    The Justice Fighter

    INTJ - 6w5 8dw 3w4 sx/so - Neutral Good

    "I trust what you are doing though…I just see it a little differently.
    I don’t see it as you stepping away from the fire. I see it as the fire directing your course.
    No matter how airy or earthy or watery you become... to many of us you will always be...a super nova."

    "Behind these gates of seeming warmth sits, loosely chained, a fierce attack dog. Perhaps not crazy, but dangerous"

    The Aggressive 6
    Debator


  5. #35
    `~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    9,847

    Default

    YOU ASSFACE, WHERE ARE YOU!!!

    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

    "A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

    "That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

    Veritatem dies aperit

    Ride si sapis

    Intelligentle sparkles

  6. #36
    `~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    9,847

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    In fact, it's not; it is, as you said, deluded "open-mindedness".

    In the perception of the subject, they are open-minded; however, in truth, they are close-minded.

    I'm thinking of the close-minded ExFP who thinks she's open-minded because she believes in... hmm, let's say, gay marriage, for example... and she cannot imagine how anybody else could not have a different opinion about gay marriage, and, furthermore, that anyone who does have a different opinion must be close-minded.

    In this case, the ExFP might think she's open-minded, but, in reality, an open-minded person would be open to the idea that people could have differing opinions about gay marriage.

    Thus, her "open-mindedness" is actually close-mindedness.


    I wonder who you're talking about, here.

    I'm closed minded regarding a couple of subjects, why?

    Because what I believe in, (regarding these several subjects) happens to be categorically right.

    It's not even about me, it's about the TRUTH.

    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

    "A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

    "That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

    Veritatem dies aperit

    Ride si sapis

    Intelligentle sparkles

  7. #37
    Senior Member Jaguar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    13,320

    Default

    Hey Z, your lovely lady is waiting.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    — Mark Twain

  8. #38
    Let Go Of Your Team Zarathustra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    8,154

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SillySapienne View Post


    I wonder who you're talking about, here.
    Actually, I used ExFP cause I was referring to both you AND my ex...



    Quote Originally Posted by SillySapienne View Post
    I'm closed minded regarding a couple of subjects, why?

    Because what I believe in, (regarding these several subjects) happens to be categorically right.

    It's not even about me, it's about the TRUTH.

    Well, to be completely accurate, a part of open-mindedness is to actually believe that, in certain cases, it might be correct and necessary to be close-minded.

    And so, in certain circumstances, your point is absolutely true.

    Unfortunately, with regard to gay marriage: it is not.

    However, with regards to civil unions: yes, yes it is.

    The Justice Fighter

    INTJ - 6w5 8dw 3w4 sx/so - Neutral Good

    "I trust what you are doing though…I just see it a little differently.
    I don’t see it as you stepping away from the fire. I see it as the fire directing your course.
    No matter how airy or earthy or watery you become... to many of us you will always be...a super nova."

    "Behind these gates of seeming warmth sits, loosely chained, a fierce attack dog. Perhaps not crazy, but dangerous"

    The Aggressive 6
    Debator


  9. #39
    Let Go Of Your Team Zarathustra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    8,154

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    Hey Z, your lovely lady is waiting.
    That's why it's called delayed gratification...
    The Justice Fighter

    INTJ - 6w5 8dw 3w4 sx/so - Neutral Good

    "I trust what you are doing though…I just see it a little differently.
    I don’t see it as you stepping away from the fire. I see it as the fire directing your course.
    No matter how airy or earthy or watery you become... to many of us you will always be...a super nova."

    "Behind these gates of seeming warmth sits, loosely chained, a fierce attack dog. Perhaps not crazy, but dangerous"

    The Aggressive 6
    Debator


  10. #40
    `~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    9,847

    Default

    You're dead to me.

    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

    "A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

    "That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

    Veritatem dies aperit

    Ride si sapis

    Intelligentle sparkles

Similar Threads

  1. The purpose of Pi, Je, Pe, and Ji
    By Robopop in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-12-2011, 11:48 AM
  2. Differences between Judgers and Perceivers
    By Robopop in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-21-2010, 11:45 AM
  3. first-borns, family responsibility, and Pi vs Pe
    By the state i am in in forum Enneagram
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-19-2009, 11:14 PM
  4. Judgers and Perceivers in Online Courses
    By Ozz in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-29-2009, 06:14 AM
  5. Pe/Ji vs Pi/Je
    By substitute in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-06-2009, 04:40 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO