• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

11th Doctor - Matt Smith - MBTI?

goodgrief

MBTI Type
INTJ
No, wait. I've been thinking it through since I saw Flesh and Stone earlier tonight and I think he might be INTP. He relies less on his companions and often goes off investigating without them. He's always telling people to shut up and thinks things out by himself. He still does have a bit of ENTP but I think now he's probably more of an I. Not 100% sure though.

Hey, for those who have seen them, can I have types for all the doctors please?

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
No, wait. I've been thinking it through since I saw Flesh and Stone earlier tonight and I think he might be INTP. He relies less on his companions and often goes off investigating without them. He's always telling people to shut up and thinks things out by himself. He still does have a bit of ENTP but I think now he's probably more of an I. Not 100% sure though.

Hey, for those who have seen them, can I have types for all the doctors please?

He's so incredibly not an INTP. He leads with Ne totally. When you see Vampires of Venice, he literally tells everyone to shut up because he can't think unless he is talking.

And ENTPs are loners. We're the most introverted of the extroverts.

The Doctor, as an archetype, is supposed to be an ENTP, but there are a few threads on here where we've discussed the various ones.

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I think the 9th was either a INTP or ISTP. I didn't get any emo vibe from him at all.

goodgrief

MBTI Type
INTJ
I'm still not totally convinced. You didn't really say much there.

And ENTPs are loners? That's the first time I've heard that. ENTPs seem to be very social going by posts on this forum and the one I know.

jenocyde

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
I'm still not totally convinced. You didn't really say much there.

Oh well, then don't be convinced. Should I have written as much as you did? Oh wait. I did.

And ENTPs are loners? That's the first time I've heard that. ENTPs seem to be very social going by posts on this forum and the one I know.

Yes. We are loners. It's a normal thing written and known about us. Being social online has nothing to do with being social irl. INTPs chat a lot online, but they are still Is.

And being social irl on occasion has nothing to do with the *amount* of times we actually put ourselves in social situations. But whatever.

jenocyde

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
I think the 9th was either a INTP or ISTP. I didn't get any emo vibe from him at all.

I don't get an introvert vibe from him, but understand why you do. Being an ENTP, I can identify that phase he went through because I get that way often. We've written countless threads on it - 'ENTP ennui' is the one that I remember off-hand.

The 9th Doctor gets about as emo as I get, too. And for me watching him, he seems to be wallowing in that ENTP way.

goodgrief

MBTI Type
INTJ
I don't mean online. I often hear ENTPs telling people about their love of partying and stuff and then all the INTPs telling them how they don't get the hype.

Invisiblemonkey

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Well, the newer doctors are almost undoubtedly E, his overclocked-and-then-some intelligence and a focus thereupon seems to point to NT, and he seems to still have a lack of regard for authority and constraint, making him a P. Also, 10 was more focused on action, quick thinking, ETC when he had to be. Furthermore, while you the 10th is always going to give the villain one last chance no matter how pointless, at least he didn't cause nearly as much property damage as the 9th. Also, I recommend that we stop talking about Eccleston vs. Tennant, because that could easily become a flame war.

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Tenant used to be so awesome. But yeah, as the episodes these absurdal mushy bits started sneaking in.
The Doc refusing to kill the master and overlooking things like the fact that he sort of killed people on a daily basis when cooperating with him was just, I don't know, it didn't make any sense at all. I'm not sure exactly what happened, if tennant just had more influence on the writting of the episodes or some other factor.
But it did sort of suck.

jenocyde

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
I don't mean online. I often hear ENTPs telling people about their love of partying and stuff and then all the INTPs telling them how they don't get the hype.

I love partying but I'm still a loner - especially when I am figuring shit out. There is a time and place for everything. When I am out, I can be the life of the party (even though I am bored stiff inside and usually just start trouble because I am bored), but most of the time I am a recluse. And when I am thinking about something or studying or whatever, I cannot be around other people.

No one would ever confuse us with ESxPs.

jenocyde

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
He just jumped out of a cake at a bachelor party.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
He's so incredibly not an INTP. He leads with Ne totally. When you see Vampires of Venice, he literally tells everyone to shut up because he can't think unless he is talking.

And ENTPs are loners. We're the most introverted of the extroverts.

The Doctor, as an archetype, is supposed to be an ENTP, but there are a few threads on here where we've discussed the various ones.
The Doctor as an archetype is INTP (Who has oddly never had an INTP incarnation). And personally I wouldn't consider myself a loner at all -- I'm just shy.

jenocyde

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
The Doctor as an archetype is INTP (Who has oddly never had an INTP incarnation). And personally I wouldn't consider myself a loner at all -- I'm just shy.

That doesn't sound right. How is the archetype an INTP? He travels the universe looking for stimulation and adventure. He always has a companion with him. If he has never had an incarnation as an INTP, what are you basing that on?

You're shy, I'm independent and want to be free at all times. The end result is that people call us loners.

Verfremdungseffekt

videodrones; questions
MBTI Type
INTp
Enneagram
5w4
I think McCoy is as close as he's gotten to an INTP; some really prominent Ti going on there, especially in the latter two seasons. And he's probably the biggest dork of the bunch.

photo_lrg.jpg

The character was practically renamed "The Professor" during his time. He was quite content traveling alone for ages. You can see the effect of that toward the beginning of the TV movie; with all the companions out of the way, he has turned the TARDIS into a lair.

7th_doctor1.jpg

Look at him study that jelly baby.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
That doesn't sound right. How is the archetype an INTP? He travels the universe looking for stimulation and adventure. He always has a companion with him.
Wrong. He doesn't always have a companion with him, and most of the time he actually doesn't. In fact, he's been known to not only spend time alone between companions, but to up and leave current ones in mid-adventure, spend years traveling around, and land the TARDIS right where he left them. We always see him with a companion, because the TV show is narrated through the eyes of his companions. Remember, the Doctor is thousands of years old.

And looking for stimulation is proof of extroversion? Guess I better warn all those ISTPs out there they're really extroverts...

Verfremdungseffekt

videodrones; questions
MBTI Type
INTp
Enneagram
5w4
I don't know if it's all that constructive to count authorized fan fiction on the same level as the actual TV show it's based on.

Verfremdungseffekt

videodrones; questions
MBTI Type
INTp
Enneagram
5w4
The Doctor, in all his incarnations, leads with Ne and backs it up with Ti -- not the other way around.

If the Doctor were an INTP, he would be sitting around, theorizing, only venturing out to collect the evidence he needed to prove a theory. Again, the closest we ever get to this is latter-day McCoy, where he wanders around with his head in the clouds, planning, plotting, working out systems that nobody else can see, to the extent that he often misses what's right in front of him.

Otherwise, the Doctor is typically out there in the world. His motivation is to gain knowledge, experiences. To see the universe is to truly understand it. He left Gallifrey because it was too boring; all anyone did was sit around and watch and theorize and pontificate. Typically he only stops to think and process all the information he's taking in when he runs into a problem that needs solving.

Step one: take in as much information as possible.
Step two: slot it together, and see what you can make out of it.

The Doctor is an inventor, not an architect. He doesn't write thousand-pages theses on the ideal resolution to a problem; he works with what he has at hand, and builds brilliant things out of it. He doesn't obsess over a few subjects; he takes an interest in everything he sees. He doesn't plan everything out in advance; he improvises.

The Doctor is about as archetypically an ENTP as you get.