• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

11th Doctor - Matt Smith - MBTI?

Verfremdungseffekt

videodrones; questions
MBTI Type
INTp
Enneagram
5w4
Okay, here's some more.

INTP: Find somewhere safe, tranquil, cozy to hunker down and get your thinking on. Only venture out when you have expended your resources one way or another.

ENTP: Never stop running. Don't get too entrenched, because like a shark your mind has no choice but to keep moving forward. Anywhere you land is temporary, and standing still is death.

One of my closest friends, an ENTP, kept all his belongings in cardboard boxes for the several years he lived in his last house. Same thing with my fiancée, until someone forced her to unpack a few kitchen utensils and then I came along to put everything in its place.

I've had long talks with an INTP friend of mine about how our environments are extensions of our minds, and how we never feel settled or secure and able to be ourselves until we arrange everything just so. I need a nest, or I go a little strange.

Thus again, my observations about McCoy's ridiculous TARDIS overhaul once he was left alone in the place.

dvd021.jpg

What a nerd lair. All familiarity, vague fetishism, ambiance. It's cozy, which allows the brain to flourish. Compare with the 950-some years the Doctor left the TARDIS pretty much in its factory settings, with a few upgrades or tweaks here and there, mostly for practical reasons. All white walls, sparse furniture, the occasional unfinished project tossed in a corner. Much like my fiancée's apartment or my ENTP friend's house. The Doctor isn't going to be in there for long, so why bother putting too much work in?

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Wrong. He doesn't always have a companion with him, and most of the time he actually doesn't. In fact, he's been known to not only spend time alone between companions, but to up and leave current ones in mid-adventure, spend years traveling around, and land the TARDIS right where he left them. We always see him with a companion, because the TV show is narrated through the eyes of his companions. Remember, the Doctor is thousands of years old.

No, you're wrong. Aderack is right.

You saw the word always and are using that as some sort of absolute. Ok, well how about most often? Or nearly always? I don't feel like nitpicking.

Even when the Doctor is alone, he is off doing socially based adventures. He comes back to meet the Ood, for instance, having deflowered the Virgin Queen, wearing a lei around his neck. This man, in all but one of his incarnations, is not an INTP. And even in that one incarnation, it was borderline.

And the Doctor is a bit over 900 years old. So yes, in all those years, he must have had significant alone time. I haven't left my house in 4 days. So what? All people, even extroverts, have down time.

And looking for stimulation is proof of extroversion? Guess I better warn all those ISTPs out there they're really extroverts...

Sure, warn them. And warn them of your gross misunderstanding of how functions work as well, while you're at it.

It's extroverted intuition, so yeah, looking for external stimulation is part of the game. We all use all functions, but only two types lead with Ne. I think you may be confusing the colloquial definition of extroversion with the way it is used in MBTI to describe function preference.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You saw the word always and are using that as some sort of absolute. Ok, well how about most often? Or nearly always? I don't feel like nitpicking.
Nearly always doesn't work either, by a long shot. Over 95% of the Doctor's long, long life is spent companion-less. The rest is on-screen.

Even when the Doctor is alone, he is off doing socially based adventures. He comes back to meet the Ood, for instance, having deflowered the Virgin Queen, wearing a lei around his neck. This man, in all but one of his incarnations, is not an INTP. And even in that one incarnation, it was borderline.
No Doctor incarnation is INTP, or NTP in general, until Ten (who, granted, does turn more emo-y and Feeling towards the end of Series 4, but is a T on crack up to that point).

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
No Doctor incarnation is INTP, or NTP in general, until Ten (who, granted, does turn more emo-y and Feeling towards the end of Series 4, but is a T on crack up to that point).

Hahaha, ok whatever.

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
I loved Matt Smith's doctor, and Amy and Clara. Three of my favourite Doctor who main chatacters.