• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Bit of MBTI speculation but...

tcda

psicobolche
MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
Probably bullshit but I wondeer if anything has been written on this:

I've read the Tertiary fucntion described as the "secret motivation";

and the inferior judged as the "projection", i.e. that which we feel imposed on us by the external world;

and the dominant and secondary I guess are the ways in which we primarily interact with the outside world, i.e. our consciously expressed and outwardly visible "personality";

So to what extent does the Tertiary correspond to the Id; Inferior to the Superego; and the 2 dominant functions to the Ego...?

Aphex

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
OH MY GOD, I had no idea that tertiary meant that. That makes so much sense for INTP... I often feel this subconscious need to go with the norm and follow rules strictly, but Ne takes over in the end. What a discovery.

Sorry, I don't know anything about Freud.

G

garbage

The 'secret motivation' stuff sounds like one of those things that can be attributed to an inferior function and so it is. The 'beauty' of the tertiary/inferior functions is that the way they show up is nebulous by definition, and so someone can take a hammer to some human trait and force it to fit.

This sounds like Socionics' hidden agenda, a thing that people who study Socionics tend to take way too seriously, given how tenuously it's actually tied to the more robust parts of the theory.

See also: the hundreds of descriptions of each type's 'shadow type' and how they manifest under stress.

That said, I kind of like the idea of tying the dominant functions to the ego. That's something that, of course, Socionics also does :)