• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Responsible Women

Mole

Permabanned
Those who do personality tests are authoritarian because they are looking for themselves from the outside.

They are authoritarian because they are cut off from themselves inside.

And to create an authoritarian takes a whole society as well as their immediate family.

So the prevalence of personality tests and astrological charts points to an authoritarian society.

But what is most interesting is that women's magazines provide a never ending smorgasbord of personality tests and astrology.

And we never think of women as authoritarians, rather we tend to think of authoritarians as jack-booted men.

But it seems the gentler sex, with their personality tests, astrology, diets and perfume, are our bedrock authoritarians.

After all, it is women who take responsibility.

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Those who do personality tests are authoritarian because they are looking for themselves from the outside.

And to create an authoritarian takes a whole society as well as their immediate family.

So the prevalence of personality tests and astrological charts points to an authoritarian society.

But what is most interesting is that women's magazines provide a never ending smorgasbord of personality tests and astrology.

And we never think of women as authoritarians, rather we tend to think of authoritarians as jack-booted men.

But it seems the gentler sex, with their personality tests, astrology, diets and perfume, are our bedrock authoritarians.

*has to stop Victor before he spreads the word* :ninja:

Mole

Permabanned
The Authoritarians and the Hippies

Of course my mother was an authoritarian and second in command of the Women's Royal Australian Navy (WRAN) so I find it very easy to fall in love with authoritarian women.

My mother even told me, "Victor, before you can give orders, you must learn to take them".

And so it is no wonder I rebelled against authoritarianism and became a hippy, just as Maggie Tulliver in, "The Mill on the Floss", ran away from her authoritarian father to join the gypsies.

But still my mother rules my heart and my eyes mist over and my heart beats faster at the first sniff of a responsible woman.

But sadly I have found that no one in life loves you like your mother, not even hippy women.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Is this a late April Fools' joke?

KDude

I'd link that pic from the movie Scanners, where that guy's head explodes.. but it's kind of gross.

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Of course my mother was an authoritarian and second in command of the Women's Royal Australian Navy (WRAN) so I find it very easy to fall in love with authoritarian women.

My mother even told me, "Victor, before you can give orders, you must learn to take them".

And so it is no wonder I rebelled against authoritarianism and became a hippy, just as Maggie Tulliver in, "The Mill on the Floss", ran away from her authoritarian father to join the gypsies.

But still my mother rules my heart and my eyes mist over and my heart beats faster at the first sniff of a responsible woman.

But sadly I have found that no one in life loves you like your mother, not even hippy women.

Your mother sounds amazing, indeed. Is she still alive?

Perhaps you became a hippy because you are an INF, and perhaps you like strong women because you are an INF. ;)

Mothers offer unconditional love. In our cultures we don't know how to love each other unconditionally any more. It isn't just you that feels this.

Mole

Permabanned
Your mother sounds amazing, indeed. Is she still alive?

Perhaps you became a hippy because you are an INF, and perhaps you like strong women because you are an INF. ;)

Mothers offer unconditional love. In our cultures we don't know how to love each other unconditionally any more. It isn't just you that feels this.

It's true, Aphrodite, that parents adore their children, and so love them unconditionally.

And children need unconditional love to pass successfully through the narcissistic phase.

But what is so interesting is that so many of us here have unmet narcissistic needs. So we can conclude that so many of us were not loved unconditionally.

This is very hard for us to face, and for most of us it can't be faced without the help of a therapist.

However in prosperous democratic countries child rearing practices are improving. And so the helping mode of child rearing is becoming more common. So in the future less of us will have unmet narcissistic needs.

So here we are, Aphrodite, and our reading public, trying to met our unmet narcissistic needs.

You are bold enough to describe yourself as awry. And I follow suit and describe myself as the walking wounded.

But the truth is we are not able to help each other very much except perhaps to offer comfort.

However in becoming aware of the problem, we are very slowly on the way to a solution.

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
It's true, Aphrodite, that parents adore their children, and so love them unconditionally.

And children need unconditional love to pass successfully through the narcissistic phase.

But what is so interesting is that so many of us here have unmet narcissistic needs. So we can conclude that so many of us were not loved unconditionally.

This is very hard for us to face, and for most of us it can't be faced without the help of a therapist.

However in prosperous democratic countries child rearing practices are improving. And so the helping mode of child rearing is becoming more common. So in the future less of us will have unmet narcissistic needs.

So here we are, Aphrodite, and our reading public, trying to met our unmet narcissistic needs.

You are bold enough to describe yourself as awry. And I follow suit and describe myself as the walking wounded.

But the truth is we are not able to help each other very much except perhaps to offer comfort.

However in becoming aware of the problem, we are very slowly on the way to a solution.

nice post. :hug:

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

I think, Victor, that we could actually learn much from third and fourth world countries regarding healthy child-rearing practices, inasmuch as they haven't been tainted by Westernization. If anything, the children we produce in our developed model, our 'developed' world, are fraught with invisible wounds, inflicted by selfish intentions stemming from unmet narcissistic needs, from the day they are born; from the moment they are born.

KDude

My mom's from a third world country. I have scars on my back to this day due to her ideals of authority. I really doubt anyone here has the balls to tolerate that shit.

KDude

Ugh I regret even talking about it now.. Can't believe I did that. She's got her plus sides though (and her culture as well)... but it was certainly different in some negative ways too.

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Ugh I regret even talking about it now.. Can't believe I did that. She's got her plus sides though (and her culture as well)... but it was certainly different in some negative ways too.

i'll delete. :)

Mole

Permabanned
The Nightmare of Childhood

My mom's from a third world country. I have scars on my back to this day due to her ideals of authority. I really doubt anyone here has the balls to tolerate that shit.

This is indicative of an abusive form of child rearing.

But this form of child rearing doesn't come from nowhere.

For the helping form of child rearing is an improvement on the authoritarian form of child rearing.

And the authoritarian form of child rearing is an improvement on the abusive form of childrearing.

And the abusive form of child rearing is an improvement on the sacrificial form of child rearing.

And the sacrificial form of child rearing is perfectly illustrated when God the Father ordered Abraham to gut and sacrifice his son.

And all the Abrahamic religions, Judaism, Christianity and Islam are based on the story of Abraham.

However as we have become more prosperous and educated we have improved our forms of child rearing from the sacrificial, to the abusive, to the authoritarian to the helping mode of child rearing.

And now in prosperous and educated countries the helping mode of child rearing is becoming more common.

As I write, we are taking Christianity to task for systematic child, sexual abuse and its cover up.

And this is our hope for the future. For in becoming conscious of the humiliation and pain we inflict upon children, we are preparing the ground for a better form of child rearing called the helping mode of child rearing where we help our child achieve their goals

This is very difficult for us to do - to make the unconscious humiliation and suffering of childhood, conscious.

But very slowly, in prosperous and educated countries, we are waking up from the nightmare of childhood.

chris1207

MBTI Type
XNXX
Enneagram
3w2
Women are responsible for ppl. They have personality tests to help them better relate to others. They have perfumes and makeup to improve the way they are perceived by others. They are not however more responsible than men. The fact that they aren't taught the value of a dollar frequently results in them ruining their credit as well as that of others around them. They like men are responsible with what they are taught to value.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Never mind -- he's a Gemini and of two minds, his horoscope says he'll never finish anything he starts.

("It's True Because I Read it in Glamour magazine!")

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6

You have a point though. It's easy to idolize things we don't know, especially things that seem mystical or back to basics in some way.

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Women are responsible for ppl. They have personality tests to help them better relate to others. They have perfumes and makeup to improve the way they are perceived by others. They are not however more responsible than men. The fact that they aren't taught the value of a dollar frequently results in them ruining their credit as well as that of others around them. They like men are responsible with what they are taught to value.

I enjoyed your comment until the bolded part .. Women can be just as good with money as men. We value it in the sense we pay the bills, get the food, buy the clothes etc.

Then if there is some left over .. *We buy shoes and shoes and shoes, lol

(*OK, not all women)