• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

MBTI relationships via reps

durentu

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
So I was bored and curious (dangerous combo, I know), And so I decided to tally up my reps and see which types responded to my comments. Just a light test for the MBTI credibility.

As INTP, I've had 34 comments. 1 was bad, 33 were good. So of the ones that were good:

Code:
NF       17   52%
NT        7   21%
SP        3    9%
SJ        0    0%
unknown   6   18%

There was no discernible difference between the number of E vs I reps.

Of course, I don't know if NFs give more reps in general or if they like my posts, but it does say something when comparing to SJs. It was interesting that I got no reps from people who identified themselves as SJ.

If I had to choose, I'd probably hang out with NFs than SJs, just because more NFs bothered to send vs SJs.

I have no idea what the total forum member breakdown is, so the sample size is probably skewed.

Just an interesting musing.

Lightyear

Yeah, I guess it's also influenced by the fact that there aren't that many SJs and SPs on here. But I do think it's more a F than a T thing to hand out compliments, I personally love to compliment people.

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I find it interesting the people that I just have "rep" relationships with. Some people I've never interacted with any other way have a pretty active rep life with me.

KDude

Counting is umm... hard. 68 reps, I think.

NT 16 :glasses:

SP 7 (I chalk it up to scarcity and our inherent laziness :laugh:)

NF 9 (almost all INFJs).. :blush:

SJ 1 :cry:

Only one bad rep... he refuses to be listed, but probably an NF.

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
I did it .. :doh:

NT - 30
NF - 36
SP - 6
SJ - 28

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
I find it interesting the people that I just have "rep" relationships with. Some people I've never interacted with any other way have a pretty active rep life with me.

You make it sound dirty.

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
NF
ENFP - 45
INFJ - 11
INFP - 8
ENFJ - 1

NT
ENTP - 13
INTP - 9
INTJ - 3
ENTJ - 1

SJ
ISFJ 7

SP
ISTP 2

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
So instead of actually tallying my numbers I started inputting the types, one on each line, into someone's IM. Seems like an appropriate way to deal with the thread.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
ENFJ - 1

ENTJ - 1

This is not coincidence. EJs just like to keep everything out there. Everything is a political maneuver. So they don't use the rep system that much.

Besides that, I guess ENJs are just plain boring.

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
This is not coincidence. EJs just like to keep everything out there. Everything is a political maneuver. So they don't use the rep system that much.

In just over a year i have sent out 100 rep's .. For this EJ, it's not political.

:D

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It was interesting that I got no reps from people who identified themselves as SJ.

If I had to choose, I'd probably hang out with NFs than SJs, just because more NFs bothered to send vs SJs.
It's not that interesting, there's about 5 SJs here and about a million NFs.

17:0 is reflective of a ratio > 17:1, which there is (probably more like 100:1 actually, if not higher).

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
In just over a year i have sent out 100 rep's .. For this EJ, it's not political.

:D

You didn't send me one, so I'm thinking what you are now trying to say is that I'm not part of the clique. It's political.

durentu

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
It's not that interesting, there's about 5 SJs here and about a million NFs.

17:0 is reflective of a ratio > 17:1, which there is (probably more like 100:1 actually, if not higher).

I've already addressed the sampling issue, but also, 1 SJ can send out an infinite amount of reps.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You need a type percentage of active members on this site in order to scale it... and it's also not on a "one message per person" scale, one person can skew the whole thing.

William K

Uniqueorn
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
You'd most likely also need to account for which parts of the forum you post in. If you post most of the time in the NF Idyllic for example, then you'd probably get more NF reps.

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
You'd most likely also need to account for which parts of the forum you post in. If you post most of the time in the NF Idyllic for example, then you'd probably get more NF reps.

Keen observation!

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6

That's a choice though, I don't think you need to include that data at all.

Probably NT, NF, SP, SJ. NT and NF might be in a dead heat but I'm too lazy to look.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Interesting

NF - 67%
NT - 11%