• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Radio programme about the MBTI

woodpeace

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4W5
How Myers-Briggs Conquered the Office will be broadcast on BBC Radio 4 tonight (30 March) from 9pm to 9.30 pm. See BBC - BBC Radio 4 Programmes - How Myers-Briggs Conquered the Office .

Mariella Frostrup tells the story of the MBTI. She "finds out what type she is - will it change the way she works." She "asks the key question: What does Myers-Briggs tell us that we couldn't have found out before."

I am looking forward to listening to the programme.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
does that come on internet so i can listen to it later?

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
BBC Radio 4 FM is unavailable at this time.

Mole

Permabanned
Santa

In primary and secondary education we learn our culture, but in tertiary education we don't learn any more, we critique what we have learnt.

This is not as easy as it sounds for critique creates cognitive dissonance which is emotionally painful and intellectually disorientating.

So primary and secondary education is suitable for children and adolescents, while tertiary education is suitable for grown-ups.

So MBTI is part of primary and secondary education but not part of tertiary education.

This is borne out on this site for when I critique MBTI it causes emotional pain and intellectual disorientation.

And interestingly I am blamed for the pain and disorientation.

It is as though I have told the children Santa doesn't exist.

Mole

Permabanned
Santa and Pollyanna

And MBTI is a bit like Santa. For Santa creates a world without emotional pain or intellectual disorientation.

In fact MBTI was created by a Pollyanna who wanted to create a world in her own image where we could all be our best in the best possible world.

For by all accounts Isabel was a delightful Pollyanna.

And of course the Office is peopled by those who are perpetual children or adolescents.

And those who control and profit from the Office want malleable children or adolescents who will do as they are told and who will never criticize - for this is the best of all possible worlds.

So MBTI is suitable for the Office of 1984 run by our Big Sister, Isabel. And the only mistake we can make is to criticize her.

compulsiverambler

Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm able to listen to it now with that link, but sometimes that feature isn't available to people outside the UK. It says there are five days left to listen to it.

This is the first time I've ever seen or heard anything about the MBTI from a British source, so it's news to me that any organisations here have been using it. Even though the BBC is one of them, I don't think they've mentioned it before.

edcoaching

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
The British version of the MBTI (no, the American translation doesn't work because of cultural differences) is published by Oxford Psychologists Press. Betsy Kendall (interviewed as part of the program) works for them.

There's a British Association for Psychological Type BAPT - British Association for Psychological Type - Cheltenham, Gloucestershire

The Association for Psychological Type International has members in 44 countries.