• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Help figuring out your type?

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
I gave up on typing myself. I'm an XXXX.

I was thinkign about this. You seem to be an INFJ to me. Like my sister, who's an ENFJ, you have developed your reasoning T very well though. You just more reflective than she is and hence I call I.

Developed & intelligent INFJ.

Possibly you struggle with the F/T because to an F reasoning looks like logic? (That's not supposed to be a beat down on anyone, I'm just thinking out loud here.)

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I was thinkign about this. You seem to be an INFJ to me. Like my sister, who's an ENFJ, you have developed your reasoning T very well though. You just more reflective than she is and hence I call I.

Developed & intelligent INFJ.

Possibly you struggle with the F/T because to an F reasoning looks like logic? (That's not supposed to be a beat down on anyone, I'm just thinking out loud here.)

It's possible. I have a hard time seeing myself as J anymore. INFP kinda-sorta fits, especially the functions (I do FiNe in a big way, I think). But I don't think I am as fragile as the other INFPs I've met. Except, I guess I am in some ways.

This is harder when you don't really know yourself that well, OR when you're kind of "eh" at everything and not great at anything. ;)

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
CTG, I'm up for the impromptu essay, sounds like fun -- though not right this moment. (I will let you know when I'm freed up.)

1. Not a long essay.
2. No research required, as far as topic goes. Want it to be "off the top of the head."
3. Anyone can play.

I was thinkign about this. You seem to be an INFJ to me. Like my sister, who's an ENFJ, you have developed your reasoning T very well though. You just more reflective than she is and hence I call I. Developed & intelligent INFJ.

That's my guess as well.

Actually, Ivy reminds me a lot of another woman in real life (about the same age too!) who is a social worker. You both have a real pragmatic side (which is almost "S" like), but you both interact just on the deep level of perception that S's never usually go -- like you are seeing far more than what is apparent. I would also class her as INFJ because she's far too abstraction-capable than an ISFJ.

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
CTG, I'm up for the impromptu essay, sounds like fun -- though not right this moment. (I will let you know when I'm freed up.)

1. Not a long essay.
2. No research required, as far as topic goes. Want it to be "off the top of the head."
3. Anyone can play.

of course
of course
of course!

wouldn't have it any other way.

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj
It's possible. I have a hard time seeing myself as J anymore. INFP kinda-sorta fits, especially the functions (I do FiNe in a big way, I think). But I don't think I am as fragile as the other INFPs I've met. Except, I guess I am in some ways.

This is harder when you don't really know yourself that well, OR when you're kind of "eh" at everything and not great at anything. ;)

But the fact that you mentioned about "knowing yourself and what you're good/not good at" suggests a need of internal consistency... which is closer along the lines of INFJ than INFP.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
But the fact that you mentioned about "knowing yourself and what you're good/not good at" suggests a need of internal consistency... which is closer along the lines of INFJ than INFP.

Good point.

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj

1. Not a long essay.
3. Anyone can play.

How do you get multiple people writing one essay? Do we just write on the same topic? It takes too long to write essays... I think I'll just watch. :huh:

ptgatsby

MBTI Type
ISTP
it takes 1 1/2 hours to write an essay.

Heh, It's taken me 9 weeks to write my (1000 of) 2000 word essay :doh:

Which is rather sad, since I should be able to do that in about 40 minutes. But I'd have to care about the subject matter to do that...

How does anyone write essay after essay on topics that don't interest them!?

(Nothing says INTP like putting off an essay for months after building multiple databases and spreadsheets... just to leave the course hanging.)

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
yeah when i have essays i don't like, i just procrastinate and literally crank it out the night before so it sounds "together" and from the heart.. so far i've gotten As on them :)

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
Lucky.

I usually need five-seven days to analyze the ideas throughly...writing it is quick, though.:blush:

my thoughts on the matter are already in my head, writing is the vehicle that allows for them to be pulled out.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
How do you get multiple people writing one essay? Do we just write on the same topic? It takes too long to write essays... I think I'll just watch. :huh:

no, silly!

A topic is chosen -- then we each write our own essay! And compare them afterwards.

Oh, come on... Everyone likes to bs at some point. :) And that's mostly what essays are -- putting together ideas in a convincing way...

Varelse

Wait, what?
MBTI Type
INTJ
yeah when i have essays i don't like, i just procrastinate and literally crank it out the night before so it sounds "together" and from the heart.. so far i've gotten As on them :)
Heh...I've done that before-for a college essay. I just had to figure out what to write first.

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
no, silly!

A topic is chosen -- then we each write our own essay! And compare them afterwards.

Oh, come on... Everyone likes to bs at some point. :) And that's mostly what essays are -- putting together ideas in a convincing way...

that's solely what essays are. it's a test of resourcefulness.

thirtyfour

MBTI Type
INTp
Heh, It's taken me 9 weeks to write my (1000 of) 2000 word essay :doh:

Which is rather sad, since I should be able to do that in about 40 minutes. But I'd have to care about the subject matter to do that...

How does anyone write essay after essay on topics that don't interest them!?

(Nothing says INTP like putting off an essay for months after building multiple databases and spreadsheets... just to leave the course hanging.)

9 Weeks to write the first 1,000 words. 20 minutes to write the second 1,000 words the morning that it's due. Reminds me of a paper I wrote recently. It took me weeks to write the first 15 pages and then 24 hours to write the last 35.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
that's solely what essays are. it's a test of resourcefulness.

To make things even more interesting, we could all PM our finished essays (by deadline) to a volunteer (such as *cough cough* Ivy *cough*) and have them post each of the entries anonymously, as well as a poll that people could vote for -- with the identities of the writers kept secret until the polling closes.

Geoff

Lallygag Moderator
MBTI Type
INXP
To make things even more interesting, we could all PM our finished essays (by deadline) to a volunteer (such as *cough cough* Ivy *cough*) and have them post each of the entries anonymously, as well as a poll that people could vote for -- with the identities of the writers kept secret until the polling closes.

Ewww! deadline, essay, submit.

I feel ill :huh:

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
thats a brilliant idea fortunato!!!!!!

quick someone pick a topic!

tentatively!