• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Help figuring out your type?

meshou

MBTI Type
INXP
Given that you seem to think I am a sensor, I really doubt you're any good at typing.

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
this was the wedge last week

big swell

4mhl4lc

61p3802

62gen2e

a couple fisherman on the jetti were swept off and pummeled into the rocks. they died.

Falcarius

The Unwieldy Clawed One
MBTI Type
COOL
My turn.

Is there a logical reason why all the MBTI tests I have ever took have said my "T" is my strongest function?

I don't understand, I have more stuffed animals than I have room for them to fit on my shelf. And I have been a vegetarian since I was very young.:rolleyes:

Now, back to me. :coffee:

As for Haight, I think he is a INTJ, he runs this joint (and at INTPc) like a "J", he the only administrator that ever gets anything done.:)

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj
cut the grass,

Leave your house and start driving south on PCH, past MacArthur, make a right turn just past the old Ace Hardware store and follow that all the way to ocean front. Park in front of the old dilapidated brown-shingled house, walk across the street, and sit on the bench that will be directly in front of you. From there, look to your right, just beyond Old Corona, and see if The Wedge is breaking. Then come back to this thread and report your findings.

Now, back to me. :coffee:

Such a literal descriptive set of directions... are you sure you're not a sensor? j/k :D

Cut the grass: You sound like you have Fi...

Jasz

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
My turn.

Is there a logical reason why all the MBTI tests I have ever took have said my "T" is my strongest function?

I don't understand, I have more stuffed animals than I have room for them to fit on my shelf. And I have been a vegetarian since I was very young.:rolleyes:

i think vegetarians come in two shades: 1) those highly compassionate, and 2) those very deliberate in their choices. i see you fit the latter.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Such a literal descriptive set of directions... are you sure you're not a sensor? j/k :D

heh.

To get serious for a moment, INTPs aren't beyond being specific when need be. I prefer generalities, but when it comes to things such as directions, I am as clear-cut as I need to be to make sure the job gets done correctly. it's part of my repertoire, but only one part.

Haight easily feels INTP to me, but I've had some PMs with him to provide add'l info. In public forums, I will admit he doesn't give people much to work with... but then again, that's a sign in itself, isn't it?

My turn. Is there a logical reason why all the MBTI tests I have ever took have said my "T" is my strongest function?

If you weren't always trying to cheat, maybe you'd get the right answer!

How long have you been drawing? couple years
When did you start? 15
What motivated you to start? intense inspiration from the things that were going on in my life at the time
Do you dabble in any other mediums? charcoal, pastels. i'm worthless at pottery, can't build models, but i'm a damn good writer. damn good.
How skilled have you become? not so much a skill, than a hobby.
How often do you draw? i would make art all day every day. i would obsess over things to draw.
What is your favorite color palette to use? warm colors and/or monochromatic schemes. rarely black and white, although a successful BW contrast is something to marvel at.
Is anyone else in your family artistic? my father (INTP)

What sort of art does your father do?

So you're a writer, huh? (And a bold one too! :D)
Time to strut your stuff, girl. What sort of things do you write, and can you post some in your blog? What's your favorite style of writing? And topic(s) of writing?

ptgatsby

MBTI Type
ISTP
My turn.

In cases like these, and this goes for CTG as well, it's important to remember that under T and F there are quite a few sub-traits that don't have to go together. Especially if you aren't strongly T/F.

In CTG's case, the art side is considered F, however there are also measurements as to ones empathy and critical nature. It is not impossible for one to be artistic (especially with a more dominant NP or SP) and yet still have dominant T traits.

In your case, the 'feminine' and 'soft' stuffed animals doesn't need to translate to F. What really matters is what these things represent to you (same with the art - why art? Why write?). The social view on stuffed animals doesn't really factor in.

A good example of it is my GF - a rather strong T (well, using FFM more so than MBTI, since she hasn't taken the official MBTI), but has special attachment to her stuffies as a result of being very sheltered (transference!) as a child. Believe me, it doesn't make her any more empathetic or moral (INTJ...).

As for Haight, I think he is a INTJ, he runs this joint (and at INTPc) like a "J", he the only administrator that ever gets anything done.:)

Haight seems pretty INTp to me, as he says. He's a bit too soft and offers up a bit too much general information to be a strong J... though INTx isn't impossible!

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram

I resemble that!

Chaselation

MBTI Type
INTP
Do IVY! I have a hard time seeing your S. (That wasn't suppose to sound dirty.)

Or rather I don't see why your X.

Last edited:

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I gave up on typing myself. I'm an XXXX.

thirtyfour

MBTI Type
INTp
Ok, I'm in. I think this is what SW most enjoys, whether or not it's his biggest talent.

I have no idea whether i'm an INTP or an INTJ. I test both. I test 100% I 88% N 89% T and then either low P or low J.

I am a huge procrastinator. My house/car is a mess. I'm reliably late. But, I'm a good student. I've always been an "overachiever." I'm not really familiar with the Ni, Ne Ti, Te etc. distinctions but I need to think on the inside before I verbalize it. That's all I can think of right now. Except that I have an exam tomorrow morning that I'm not yet ready for and I'm on MBTIc.

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
what sort of art does your father do?

poetry, plays guitar, creates art on canvas with paint, erm.. he's very very artistic, just doesn't talk about it or show anyone often.

So you're a writer, huh? (And a bold one too! :D)

i've always been bold, since i was a child.

Time to strut your stuff, girl. What sort of things do you write, and can you post some in your blog?

for instance. i was a dropout in high school (dropped out at 16) but when i still was in school i would come once a week, if that. one day i came in, and we had a student teacher teaching the class. now, she had never met me before, and when she assigned a writing assignment on ... ahh what was it... some persuasive essay that we were to write in class that day... i, naturally, was the only one to persuade both sides to be true, and did it with excellence. she read my paper aloud to the class and when everyone discovered it was i that had written it they laughed because the new teacher didn't know i was this failure that couldn't give two shits about a writing assignment over which she was praising me with zeal. i am quite the eccentric, and with little shame i admit i have burned, torn up, or thrown away every writing or piece of art i ever made. it was a way to disconnect from my past

but here's an idea... we could have a thread where someone (probably SW *lol*) gives us a topic, and post an impromptu essay by said date/time.

What's your favorite style of writing? And topic(s) of writing?

i love to write about topics of debate. not necessarily political ones.. but ones that are about the self, and why---why one does this... or whether or not this is true... never about sensory things. never. i would never write a poem about the way the silence is deafening and your love is like a whatever... lol. i write poems about... well, about what i write essays about.

we should really get a poem thread going too.

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
Sorry, I missed your origional reply. Comes from having a 1 1/2" high window at work :)
That suggests INTJ...

Answer to 1 & 3 points towards that... 2 is a stereotype so I'm throwing the answer out, but it suppose to say you're not THAT INTP. 4. The way you answered the question suggests Ni...
2 is a stereotype but it is one that fits well. (Even if they don't admit it ;) )
1 is more about the INTJ prepensity to not get invovled. However it can represent a lot of things. I was more interested in how the question was answered than in any great insight from one particular answer.
3 is very much an NT thing but I'd expect an INTJ to be confused and possibly irritated at non efficient answers. The one I know well does the whole :rolleyes: if you try to do something which is inefficient. Mind you he's such a bitch :)
4 was the real clincher. NT's seem obsessed with logic for most of the time. However INTJs and ENTJs seem more obsessed with external order. INTPs are the only beast which I have experience of having to have internal reasoning right on the money. If you watch ENTJs and INTJs can get very uncomfortable if you question the founding theories which they base their internal world on. ENTJs tend to fend you off and INTJs tend to shrug. It's like they are allowed but your not.
Not if their Ni is a great deal more developed than Te... Ni allows for multiple perspectives... just because one way seems to be the most efficient to you, doesn't mean you have to force somebody else to use it... Ni takes into account that other people may have different experiences and therefore that method might not be the most suitable for them... Also you're assuming the INTJ have to care about that person... if not, who cares what they do?
Te Ni does allow for multiple perspective???
ENTJ said:
Sometimes, you know, I get things WRONG!
He actually said that too :rolleyes: :smile:
I propose that INTJs are similar in this regard. If there is a better answer then they want it. INTPs don't seem to be so bothered. if it's not right then it's not right they re-evaluate and then if it's still not right they will analyse the accusation for errors.

INTPs I see as all about the analysis where as INTJs are all about the thread of thinking which carries them from A to B.

In fact I've been discussing world design with an INTJ and an INFP and where as the INFP isn't looking necessarily for a logically consistent view the INTJ has everything working from a few premises which, whilst not being anything more than preference, are given the status of hard fact for everything else to fall from. i think that without such definitive things to hang the rest from they'd not feel secure in their final solution.

Anyhow CTG seems unbothered by such hinging things and seems less likely to wish to stamp them down. Hence I call INTP.

I admit that this analysis is based on little knowledge of CTG and of MBTI but still I feel that it is correct. I'm going with my intuition on this one.

Mind you though I'm struggling now to see how she could have answered so that it'd come up INTJ but I figure Meh, it's done now :)