• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Help figuring out your type?

SolitaryWalker

Tenured roisterer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Attention seeking does not become of you...

do?

This was exactly my point. Her doing what she is doing does not mean that she is seeking attention... just like me posting so much has nothing to do with attention seeking either..calling her an ESFP is just as ridiculous as calling me an attention seeker

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This was exactly my point. Her doing what she is doing does not mean that she is seeking attention... just like me posting so much has nothing to do with attention seeking either..calling her an ESFP is just as ridiculous as calling me an attention seeker

Right. You're just a vile post-whore, sleeping with every thread you can get your hands on.

CTG just wants love and attention, like a nice little flower. :sick:

INTP's don't stress

meh. depends partly on upbringing / childhood experiences. I'm a go-with-flow person by nature, but I get really upset inside when someone changes plans on me at the last minute -- when I was a kid, nothing was stable [alcoholism in family], and so now I hate being told one thing, planning and committing to it in my head, then suddenly having the rug jerked out from under my feet or feeling at someone else's beck and call. And I certainly undergo LONG-TERM stress from situations that seem bleak or hopeless.

1. not many. i read sporadically. i read magazines (psychology today, scientific american MIND, national geographic, tracks, thrasher, new yorker) i do most of my "reading up" on the internet. but i have dozens of books on my book shelf.
2. no
3. yes. halo 1 (XBOX) , gta3 (PS2) , legend of mystical ninja (SNES), tony hawk pro skater 2 (DREAMCAST), super mario bros (SNES), nothing frustrates me when i play games
4. i don't really get upset.... when i am upset i need to be completely alone listening to choice music and doing something like goign on this forum or going for a walk in the park.

1. When you go on your walks, what is the most enjoyable part about them?
2. What are your favorite three movies and why?
3. Are you artistic or enjoy anything that could be considered artistic (no matter how "small" it seems to you)?
4. If the people who knew you were asked to describe you with three adjectives, what would THEY pick?

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj

*rolls eyes* Don't you just hate it when humor just falls back on to you? It was a joke... one in which you did not get. *shrugs* Your lost, not mine...

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
1. When you go on your walks, what is the most enjoyable part about them?
2. What are your favorite three movies and why?
3. Are you artistic or enjoy anything that could be considered artistic (no matter how "small" it seems to you)?
4. If the people who knew you were asked to describe you with three adjectives, what would THEY pick?

1.being alone and enjoying the sensory delights of a huge park in the springtime. i get to clear my mind and relax. be happy and simple.
2. the edukators--german subtitle, incredible story about love and friendship and breaking the rules. if you haven't seen it.... PLEASE RENT IT!
pink floyd: the wall--incredibly deep story (completely devoid of dialogue) with an incredible soundtrack
rocky horror picture show--classic. watch it every halloween.
the shining- read the book, and the movie is. SOOOO good. it... sends chillds up and down my spine
3. i am an artist.
4. real, intelligent, funny, deep, independent, unconventional, does things her own way no matter what the rules are

ptgatsby

MBTI Type
ISTP
meh. depends partly on upbringing / childhood experiences. I'm a go-with-flow person by nature, but I get really upset inside when someone changes plans on me at the last minute -- when I was a kid, nothing was stable [alcoholism in family], and so now I hate being told one thing, planning and committing to it in my head, then suddenly having the rug jerked out from under my feet or feeling at someone else's beck and call. And I certainly undergo LONG-TERM stress from situations that seem bleak or hopeless.

Just want to repeat this one. I am very much the same way, and probably for very much the same reasons. As a result, I'm a pathological planner and I really do not react well to having my plans (ie: control) disrupted.

It also depends on your overall emotional stability too. There are lots of people who are very sensitive regardless of MBTI type.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Seriously, is it my turn to be typed? :yes:

[finger-pecking]

H - A - I - G - H - T [return]

How was that?

INTP's always stress me out

Jasz, do either CTG or Haight always stress you out?

CTG said:
3. i am an artist.

really? Neat. What sort of art (medium and style) do you do or express yourself in?

4. real, intelligent, funny, deep, independent, unconventional, does things her own way no matter what the rules are

[scribbles down "Can't count to THREE" or "Follow simple instructions!" on the list] :)

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
colored pencils

so what MBTI conclusion have you come to after i answered all those questions?

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
colored pencils

Really? Cool.

How long have you been drawing?
When did you start?
What motivated you to start?
Do you dabble in any other mediums?
How skilled have you become?
How often do you draw?
What is your favorite color palette to use?
Is anyone else in your family artistic?

so what MBTI conclusion have you come to after i answered all those questions?

All in due time. (heh heh) :devil:

Jasz

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Jasz, do either CTG or Haight always stress you out?

obviously not. i am just playing on the certainty with which typing often occurs. i do get stressed but not often, and definately not in crisis situations. an employee performance review can really stress me out though, particularly if the person is impossible to talk to. that can really get to me.

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
How long have you been drawing? couple years
When did you start? 15
What motivated you to start? intense inspiration from the things that were going on in my life at the time
Do you dabble in any other mediums? charcoal, pastels. i'm worthless at pottery, can't build models, but i'm a damn good writer. damn good.
How skilled have you become? not so much a skill, than a hobby.
How often do you draw? i would make art all day every day. i would obsess over things to draw.
What is your favorite color palette to use? warm colors and/or monochromatic schemes. rarely black and white, although a successful BW contrast is something to marvel at.
Is anyone else in your family artistic? my father (INTP)

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
obviously not. i am just playing on the certainty with which typing often occurs. i do get stressed but not often, and definately not in crisis situations. an employee performance review can really stress me out though, particularly if the person is impossible to talk to. that can really get to me.

All right, I used the Jasz Test and determined that neither of you are INTPs.

(Good thing you came here, instead of hanging around that OTHER forum!) :D

Haight

Doesn't Read Your Posts
MBTI Type
INTj
cut the grass,

Leave your house and start driving south on PCH, past MacArthur, make a right turn just past the old Ace Hardware store and follow that all the way to ocean front. Park in front of the old dilapidated brown-shingled house, walk across the street, and sit on the bench that will be directly in front of you. From there, look to your right, just beyond Old Corona, and see if The Wedge is breaking. Then come back to this thread and report your findings.

Now, back to me. :coffee:

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
haha damn haight do you live in southern california?

today i will, i promise. (i go to the bench on the bluff every morning and night... )

park? honey my house is right there. no car is necessary ;)

Jasz

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Now, back to me. :coffee:

i see you very much as a facilitator and a catalyst in intellectual and technical endeavors, such as this board. that fits very well with an INTP.