• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Help figuring out your type?

SolitaryWalker

Tenured roisterer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
How many of you are confused about what your type is. If you'd like to get this resolved, please report to this thread.

SolitaryWalker

Tenured roisterer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
How can I help you? Where do you stand at the moment?

SolitaryWalker

Tenured roisterer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
i stand as an INTP. disprove it.

I am not trying to talk you out of what you already believe. This thread is for those who are not sure what their type is and would like to figure it out. If you're confident that you're an INTP, power to you, I am not going to try to convince you otherwise, even if its manifest to me that you're not.

Jasz

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
i am pretty OK with INTP
i have been struggling with the enneagram much more
5w4 seems to get closest, sx/so is right on
i long contemplated being a 7 as i share much of the drive and restlessness, just more solitary

SolitaryWalker

Tenured roisterer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
i am pretty OK with INTP
i have been struggling with the enneagram much more
5w4 seems to get closest, sx/so is right on
i long contemplated being a 7 as i share much of the drive and restlessness, just much more solitary

Here is how I percieve for MBTI functions to correspond with the Ennegram.

1-Ni
2-Fe
3-Se
4-Fi
5-Ti
6-Si
7-Ne
8-Te
9-Fi/Ne

The reason why you're attracted to the 7 is probably because of your Extroverted Intuition. Most Ennegram theoreticians do not believe that you can have a wing with a function that is not adjacent to yours. So they would tell you that if you have a wing, you're either a w6 or a w4.

INTPs are more likely to be w4 than w5 because their iNtuition draws them to the alogical more, and the 5w4 is the typical artistic intellectual. Very frequently philosophers and scientists enjoy fine arts a great deal. Einstein himself was an avid fan of Dostoevsky and Russell (though an ENTP, 7/5) read literature in 5 languages.

5w6s tend to be ISTPs, as they are more detached from their emotions as the Se can not pick up on them as well, and because their N is weaker they have less of an appreciation for the alogical. And if they are interested in complex problem solving, unlike the INTPs they probably won't be fascinated with the fine arts as much.

So I would guess that you probably are a 5w4, and the 7ish influence comes from your secondary Ne.

It is also very common for an INTP to vascillate between a solitary and a low energy mindset and this restless, always on the move, larger than life force. Ti and Ne are very different thought not antagonistic, yet they oftenly are antagonistic though. As Ne is very much externall focused and high-energy and Ti is quite low-key and I'd bet the most internally focused function there is.

Jasz

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Here is how I percieve for MBTI functions to correspond with the Ennegram.

1-Ni
2-Fe
3-Se
4-Fi
5-Ti
6-Si
7-Ne
8-Te
9-Fi/Ne

The reason why you're attracted to the 7 is probably because of your Extroverted Intuition. Most Ennegram theoreticians do not believe that you can have a wing with a function that is not adjacent to yours. So they would tell you that if you have a wing, you're either a w6 or a w4.

INTPs are more likely to be w4 than w5 because their iNtuition draws them to the alogical more, and the 5w4 is the typical artistic intellectual. Very frequently philosophers and scientists enjoy fine arts a great deal. Einstein himself was an avid fan of Dostoevsky and Russell (though an ENTP, 7/5) read literature in 5 languages.

5w6s tend to be ISTPs, as they are more detached from their emotions as the Se can not pick up on them as well, and because their N is weaker they have less of an appreciation for the alogical. And if they are interested in complex problem solving, unlike the INTPs they probably won't be fascinated with the fine arts as much.

So I would guess that you probably are a 5w4, and the 7ish influence comes from your secondary Ne.

It is also very common for an INTP to vascillate between a solitary and a low energy mindset and this restless, always on the move, larger than life force. Ti and Ne are very different thought not antagonistic, yet they oftenly are antagonistic though. As Ne is very much externall focused and high-energy and Ti is quite low-key and I'd bet the most internally focused function there is.

thanks SW

SolitaryWalker

Tenured roisterer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
i think i'm ENTP.

You've got to give me more info to work with and be more direct and specific with your concerns. Though the way you are approaching this matter is defnitely Pish, possibly even indicated an Ne primacy. So you could well be an ENTP, but I am not really sure at this point.

Jasz

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Did that help?

it circles back to the Ti and Ne functions and it might be helpful for me to look at them again. in general i like to look at how the various components play together - looking at individual pieces never really tells the whole story. i am mostly interested in how conflicting items relate and interact. that said, i need to refamiliarize myself with the building blocks.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
cutthegrass, I think you're ISFP. You have that SP vibe about you. The ISFP's dominant function is Fi, which I've seen a lot of in your posts, and the auxiliary is Se, which I've also seen a lot of in your posts. At first I thought you were ESFP but I get less E from you these days, and plus the ESFP is Se/Fi rather than Fi/Se. It's a toughie but I think the Fi takes it.