User Tag List

First 2345614 Last

Tenured roisterer SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    SW, this could be a very bad idea you know. For one I think your enneagram - MBTI relationship is flawed.

The Te - 8 I can see, the one that marked that lot out for attention was the 9.

Yes I know that 9s are defined as negotiators and calming etc etc but that does not necesarily indicate the presence of F. I'm fairly confident that I am a 9 (the tests back this up) and that I use Ti for most of it and Te for the final part.

If you analyse any system of variables and fixed parts then there are natural torque points. The same exists within situations involving people and emotions etc. All I do is analyse until I see them and then try to come up with a solution to suit all of them. After that you just tweak the situation and the people in accordance with your plan. Now that's definately more Ti than Fi.

9s tend to be peaceful negotiators. I associate this with Ne seeing the big picture and Fi, trying to find a sense of inner peace. INTPs could be 9s for the same reason as Fis--introverted judgment's demand for inner peace. Though Fis tend to need it more than Tis.

Toonia once alluded to the INTP 5 and 9 distinction and how both of those types are quite common yet could be difficult to distinguish one another from.

Its mostly due to the choices that they make. Not all INTPs chose to focus on intellectual enterprises. Those who do not oftenly become 9s on Ennegram.

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

Can this be a case of over analysis? We have yet to establish a firm link between E/I and J/P with the positioning of functions. Judging from her blog, Cut the grass appears to be more introverted than extraverted. Yet as you mentioned, Ti doesn't seem to be dominant. So is she an in-between? Forcing her into one of INTP/ENTP might not show her true nature...

MBTI
    INTj

I'm next . . . I'm next! I want to be next! Pick me!

(Shut up Xander. You're harsh'n my mellow.)

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by nightning View Post
    Can this be a case of over analysis? We have yet to establish a firm link between E/I and J/P with the positioning of functions. Judging from her blog, Cut the grass appears to be more introverted than extraverted. Yet as you mentioned, Ti doesn't seem to be dominant. So is she an in-between? Forcing her into one of INTP/ENTP might not show her true nature...

Noone is forcing her into anything. I am just trying to see if the Ne is dominant over the Ti... which it seems to be....

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

Quote Originally Posted by SolitaryWalker View Post
    Noone is forcing her into anything. I am just trying to see if the Ne is dominant over the Ti... which it seems to be....
    But how do you argue against I/E preference? She is very clearly an introvert.

MBTI
    INFP

so i am an INTP!

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by nightning View Post
    But how do you argue against I/E preference? She is very clearly an introvert.
    If I see an Ne ... than extroversion follows... her introversion is less than manifest at this point. Yet again, I could have easily mistaken the Ne for the Ni not strongly influenced by the Te. As iNtuitions their are identical, its just a matter of figuring out what way they are facing.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by cut the grass View Post
    so i am an INTP!

You're going to have to be more specific with your concerns... otherwise I dont know what to tell you... though your massive ambivalence in this thread suggests a primary Ne(ENTP) rather secondary (INTP)

MBTI
    INTj

MY TURN!

:steam:

MBTI
    INFP

my concern is MBTI not the whole Fi Ni whatever