• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Help figuring out your type?

ygolo

My termites win
I would be interested in people's type guess for me?

I have come out:
INFP/INTP most often on web-tests.
Quite often, I come out INFJ.
On a high-shcool paper version, I came out ISTP.

Of the people on this forum, I most identify with ptgatsby, who self-identified as an ISTP(Though he is probably more same than me).

I took the DDLI thing and came out (in order of prefference):

Ni
Ti
Si
Fi
Fe
Se
Ne
Te

All the introverted functions were strong and close in number (I don't remember exacly, and am too impulisve to take the test again).

On the enneagram test, I come out 5w6/5w4 most often, but have also come out 4w5/6w5 and even 9w1, and 8w9.

On the socianics test, I came out INTp/INTj with the the deciding question picking INTp. the j was mostly concious, the p unconcious.

On the "Big Five" Test:
Introverted, Disagreeable, Neurotic, Uncontientious, Open-to-Experience.

If MBTI was bad about "pigoen-holing", the five factor model is down-right evil.

I like data and statistics (I look through census info. for fun). I like meeting my goals, and am pretty good at doing that. I am n circuit designer by trade, but want to use more math on the job.

Although, I consider myself socially inept, in recent months of obsevation (and remembering back), I think most people like me. Actually, I am starting to think that, maybe, all the strange sounding "Hi"s I get from women/girls I don't know may indicate I am attractive in someway. Actually, it has been that way since highschool. I went to one school dance my whole time at school (stag)... and had a bunch of girls drag me out on to the dance floor during slow dances just to hug me and sway. In retrospect, I probably should have realized something there... But I'm still not sure what.

My councellor has a suspicion I have Asperger's. I have a suspicion that I will fit the diagnostic criteria.

I haven't posted much, but I use the same user name on INTPc (just joined), and MBTI-Nebulous. I guess the name is more common on the web than I expeceted, so you are likely to find links to a few others in different context if you web-search. (Though there seem to be similarities. Perhaps it takes a certain type of person to pick "ology" spelled backwards).

Though I don't place much faith in typology (considering my varied results, would you?)...it would be interesting to see what people type me.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My councellor has a suspicion I have Asperger's. I have a suspicion that I will fit the diagnostic criteria.

I have Asperger's, too. I have a suspicion that it really isn't a disability, but a personality difference that often corresponds to INxJ types. The way Asperger patients act seems quite similar to what is said about Ni types.

Have a look here.
This seems eerily similar to what is described about Asperger patients.

I don't think that the IxTP type seems to correspond as well to Asperger patients, but here's a look.

Autism (or Asperger) also seems to correspond with Enneagram Type 5. Incidentally, the INTP and INTJ seem the most common for this type, followed by ISTP and ISTJ, though due to the abstract nature of the 5, I suspect the S in a Type 5 is very slight.

If MBTI was bad about "pigoen-holing", the five factor model is down-right evil.

That's exactly what I said here!

Usehername

On a mission
I have Asperger's, too. I have a suspicion that it really isn't a disability, but a personality difference that often corresponds to INxJ types. The way Asperger patients act seems quite similar to what is said about Ni types.

Have a look here.
This seems eerily similar to what is described about Asperger patients.

I don't think that the IxTP type seems to correspond as well to Asperger patients, but here's a look.

Autism (or Asperger) also seems to correspond with Enneagram Type 5. Incidentally, the INTP and INTJ seem the most common for this type, followed by ISTP and ISTJ, though due to the abstract nature of the 5, I suspect the S in a Type 5 is very slight.

That's exactly what I said here!

Uber, I don't want to take away from your theory about asperger's and INXJ types, but I did want to make it expressly clear that it can't possibly be directly 100% linked (as I'm sure you've noted, but just for those reading).

'Cause while I may interact with my own flair, I feel like I'm really at the top of the game when it comes to social interaction and emotional bonding. I've pwned this world. (Albeit through extensive effort and years of figuring it out through trial and error.)

Mycroft

The elder Holmes
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
'Cause while I may interact with my own flair, I feel like I'm really at the top of the game when it comes to social interaction and emotional bonding. I've pwned this world. (Albeit through extensive effort and years of figuring it out through trial and error.)

Amen to that. Despite the fact that I learn everything in terms of systems, for some reason it took me until college to just accept that I would never understand the social rules intuitively and that I would have to learn them, too, as a system.

(Of course, even now I occasionally find myself in situations where I have no damned idea what the acceptable response is; when it's one-on-one this can be sticky. In groups I quickly glance around at the facial expressions other people are making and can usually infer how I should act based upon that.)

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Uber, I don't want to take away from your theory about asperger's and INXJ types, but I did want to make it expressly clear that it can't possibly be directly 100% linked (as I'm sure you've noted, but just for those reading).

Nothing is ever 100 percent linked, I'm well aware of that. I'm just looking at a tendency. If you read Keirsey's description of the NT temperament in Please Understand Me II, there are also similarities to autism.

ygolo said:
I like data and statistics (I look through census info. for fun). I like meeting my goals, and am pretty good at doing that. I am n circuit designer by trade, but want to use more math on the job.

Collection of data and statistics for fun is more of an Intuitive trait. Very simply, none of us can avoid collection of facts. But where the Sensor is more a collector of facts for practical purposes, the Intuitive collects facts for their own sake, and values knowledge for its own sake.

You do seem more Intuitive than not, I think -- and there is only one record of you scoring as a Sensor. And you know, majority rules.

ygolo

My termites win
I guess I am more of an intuitive than a sensor.

Does me being a certain type imply that I will behave a certain way? I think not. I have formed some habbits that may be hard to make, but really how do we know what is fundamental, and what is superficial? All we have are peoples opinions on these matters.

But the thing was the only official MBTI I took was in highschool.

I don't think INTP and INFP describe me all too well (nor for that matter does ISTP).

I really found it weird when people who took the test said things like "it was wierd, how did they know?!!", or "it's so true!!". I didn't have reactions anything like that. Mine was more like, "yeah, that's true, that's not, that's true, that's not," .... Quite frankly, almost all the introverted type descriptions could have described me.

But I don't see much value in knowing these type distinctions (or any sort of typing). I can see it being useful in a "lateral thinking" manner (puting on different "hats"). I can think "like a sensor", or think "like and intuitve", and that gives me range and helps me be creative. There is some descriptive value in it... as a shorthand to remember peoples attributes. But the way I have seen some people use it for prediction or insight, I find deplorable.

Vicki

MBTI Type
????
who? what? where? why? when? how?

okay so like, let's see if you can give me a "magical profile match". I swear I'm like ALMOST everything at once.
my whole family (who are into type watching) says about me, "there's no ONE profile that magically fits you! everyone of them can sound like you in a way"

my E/I, or N/S switch around, ect.. I mean look at my signiture!
I got that from a quiz I took once.
when I'm in public I'll be total extrovert, It's like, "ahh, me public!" :headphne:
but when I'm home, I'll be downstairs in the laundry room like a cat, writing about what I think of things on my laptop and recording songs.
sometimes, I'll be so into my movie/book that I can't hear someone yelling for me behind me. and I will open up a book in the middle and start reading it, or think of all the possibilities. (just saying that word makes me feel fuzzy) or I'll be the only one paying attention to something that when someone else isn't paying attention I'll be the one snapping them out of it. :huh:

and if it will help knowing the people I like and dislike.. the personalies of people I like hanging with best are ESFJ, ESFP, INTP, ESTP,
and maybe ISTP, and I'm in love with an ESTP.
I don't like ESTJs. period. I don't like how they think it's "my way or the highway". I know ESTJs (related and unrelated) and they're annoying. :steam:

I'm a big time philosopher and I like singing in front of people! :headphne:

there I hope that bit of talking gives you some clues.. :nerd: :D

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Today's psychologists have substituted behaviors for functions, and they wander off through function after function, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to personality.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I guess I am more of an intuitive than a sensor.

Does me being a certain type imply that I will behave a certain way? I think not. I have formed some habbits that may be hard to make, but really how do we know what is fundamental, and what is superficial? All we have are peoples opinions on these matters.

But the thing was the only official MBTI I took was in highschool.

I don't think INTP and INFP describe me all too well (nor for that matter does ISTP).

I really found it weird when people who took the test said things like "it was wierd, how did they know?!!", or "it's so true!!". I didn't have reactions anything like that. Mine was more like, "yeah, that's true, that's not, that's true, that's not," .... Quite frankly, almost all the introverted type descriptions could have described me.

It's that you have a more discerning mentality than most people who would have said the same when showed a random horoscope reading.

The whole secret behind the etype 5 is that it can be used to describe any introverted type.

ygolo

My termites win
It's that you have a more discerning mentality than most people who would have said the same when showed a random horoscope reading.

The whole secret behind the etype 5 is that it can be used to describe any introverted type.

Thanks for the compliment, I think. I thought the people at my high-school were pretty discerning. But, in retrospect, especially after attending my 10 year reunion, I think many of them were just kissing up to the teacher in saying the things they did.

You know, that was almost the first post I ever made on this forum. It is strange. I was pretty sure my opinions about typology had changed over the course of being on the forum, but it seems I just went full circle.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Thanks for the compliment, I think.

I said you were more discerning. Why do you have to think about it?

I thought the people at my high-school were pretty discerning. But, in retrospect, especially after attending my 10 year reunion, I think many of them were just kissing up to the teacher in saying the things they did.

Maybe, but it goes back to what you were saying about identifying with any introverted type. Type descriptions, and horoscopes, are written in a way that can be identified with, at least most of the time.

You know, that was almost the first post I ever made on this forum. It is strange. I was pretty sure my opinions about typology had changed over the course of being on the forum, but it seems I just went full circle.

Which opinions are those?

ygolo

My termites win
I said you were more discerning. Why do you have to think about it?

Maybe, but it goes back to what you were saying about identifying with any introverted type. Type descriptions, and horoscopes, are written in a way that can be identified with, at least most of the time.

Which opinions are those?

Certainly, the Forer Effect plays a role in identifying with type responses. But, I believe, for the particular students I was remembering, that kissing up was an aspect of it too.

I was referring to my opinions regarding how much stock to place in typology. There was a time where I thought that despite not being scientifically valid, that it can be useful in many ways. But at this point, I still think the biggest value is in being able to appreciate that people are different, and that there are some "hats" we can wear to access different perspectives...pretty much what I said in this thread.

It wasn't directly in the post you quoted, but looking at it reminded me. Sorry about the confusion.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
I suppose it would be interesting for me to post in this thread, if only because it is interesting to me, as I have had no clues or answers on my type.

As far as I can tell I seem to have Fe and Si a great deal, which does point towards xSFJ. But a lot of people keep saying I show lots of Ne. Im not sure.

dobages

MBTI Type
----
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Does anyone think that intps would like sports? Ive been into sports all my life, weightlifting..and i just have problem deciding if im Se auxiliary or Ne. Could this be an obvious indication of my secondary function?

Carrot

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
I first got interested into personality types convinced that I'm a ISFJ, then I "rationally" took the test again today and I got ISFP. I read the descriptions and I realised it taps into an inner part of me that I've hardly notice or appreciate, in fact I don't even know it well. I guess being an ISFJ is what I wish to or have hoped I would be, probably influences of my mother's personality or some horoscope shit I read about myself.

But traits of ISFP that I have are, often being late, I often have spontaneous decisions to meet up with my friend, I really, really dislike criticism, I neither want to lead or be led and I'm cynical as stated by my friend. The only conflicting issues I have might be I am brought up in a strict and orderly environment so I tend to do things orderly and I used to like planning and I still do although they are not fixed and well developed plans that I definitely have to follow.

I don't know, being an artisan just makes me even more "proud" of myself.