First 233132333435 Last

MBTI
    ENfP
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/sp

ENFP
    8w9

Some say this is uncommon. IS IT?
    Also, once Brendan said I was an S, but I couldn't tell if he was being sarcastic or not. AM I an S?
    By the way, I'm more giddy than usual right now..*needs human contact*

*NEEDS*
    sparkly sparkly rainbow excretions

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    holy shit am I a feeler?
    if you like my avatar, it's because i took it myself! : D

only bites when provoked
    MBTI
    INTJ

I would like a bit of human contact, too. When an INTJ says that, you know they've been alone a while.

MBTI
    ENfP
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/sp

actually, i just got back from a dinner party thingy =D
    sparkly sparkly rainbow excretions

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    holy shit am I a feeler?
    if you like my avatar, it's because i took it myself! : D

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

Quote Originally Posted by Kyrielle View Post
    Well, if it's any help, Ni causes people to make huge mental leaps to a conclusion without receiving much data. And when asked how they arrived to that conclusion...that idea or association...they haven't the foggiest.
    I agree with the Ni mental leaps... I have to disagree slightly with the absolute lack of awareness between associations. You just need to work at being observant of your thoughts... for me in particular, flashing images/concepts. I go from A -> B -> -> C. For example, bird (image of a bluethroat) -> blue throat patch, blue feather -> UV reflective -> insect (image of butterfly, then a bee), reference to flight and UV reflective wings/UV detection -> flower (UV photograph of a flower), showing patterns guiding pollinating insects to the center of the flower -> bullseye target (rings of circle) -> parachuter (sky diver aiming for a target), in comparison to bees to a flower. There are always "logical" connections, but most of them are made in the unconscious mind such that unless you actively pay attention you'll miss the signs. So as long as you remember the process, you can usually go back and figure out what prompted your thoughts.

Ne to me is a lot more about actively identifying patterns in things/ideas. It's typically visual for me. Lay things/ideas out on paper... scribble on it and see the pattern emerge. Sit there and stare at something long enough to point the pattern. Perhaps because it's not my dominant function. But one is about searching for patterns within ideas (Ne) the other is about using existing mental "patterns" connections to link up other ideas (Ni).

only bites when provoked
    MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by niffer View Post
    actually, i just got back from a dinner party thingy =D
    Yeah, see, that's the problem with Es.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by nightning View Post
    But one is about searching for patterns within ideas (Ne) the other is about using existing mental "patterns" connections to link up other ideas (Ni).
    That's probably a good way to say it... at least, I like it.

Ne takes the patterns that exist within things. It's almost like cause/effect or "real" patterns that anyone could observe. Everything follows.

Ni seems to have a much more personal element to it. The connections often are internalized ones that wouldn't be true for everyone. I know I can see something and my mind will jump from thing to thing based on traits that aren't necessarily connected, and like those word games where you change one word letter by letter through a whole series of words in order to reach a completely different word at the end, I can end up someplace that WAS connected but isn't related to the first concept at all, via the normal Ne thing.

(This leads to embarrassing moments where someone will say something serious or neutral, and I'll start laughing... because I jumped through three or four connections in a second and ended up at someplace humorous, to me, internally, and they of course didn't see where I went, so I have to explain.)
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    That's probably a good way to say it... at least, I like it.

Ne takes the patterns that exist within things. It's almost like cause/effect or "real" patterns that anyone could observe. Everything follows.

Ni seems to have a much more personal element to it. The connections often are internalized ones that wouldn't be true for everyone. I know I can see something and my mind will jump from thing to thing based on traits that aren't necessarily connected, and like those word games where you change one word letter by letter through a whole series of words in order to reach a completely different word at the end, I can end up someplace that WAS connected but isn't related to the first concept at all, via the normal Ne thing.

(This leads to embarrassing moments where someone will say something serious or neutral, and I'll start laughing... because I jumped through three or four connections in a second and ended up at someplace humorous, to me, internally, and they of course didn't see where I went, so I have to explain.)
    That happens to me all the time. I'm always being inappropriate (at a lecture or during a tour or something like that) because I've gone the connection route and I'm totally laughing because of the connections I've made in my head and no one else is there with me. I generally wind up saying...nothing I was thinking of something else. (that only works if the initial thought wasn't to serious).
    for my life is slowed up by thought and the need to understand what I am living.

~*taaa raaa raaa boom*~ targobelle's Avatar
    MBTI
    enfp

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
    I would like a bit of human contact, too. When an INTJ says that, you know they've been alone a while.

~t ...in need of hugs please...
    Jung Test Results
    Extroverted (E) 63.16% Intuitive (N) 60.53% Feeling (F) 84.38% Perceiving (P) 87.1% ~Your type is: ENFP

MBTI
    INTP

Hi, im somewhat familiar with MBTI, and im trying to decide between INTP and INFP.

How do INTP's usually approach emotions?, is it possible to be a highly sensitive/emotional NT?

How do INFP's usually approach logic?, is it possible to be a highly detached, logical NF?

Any thoughts?

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Cerpin_Taxt View Post
    Hi, im somewhat familiar with MBTI, and im trying to decide between INTP and INFP.

How do INTP's usually approach emotions?, is it possible to be a highly sensitive/emotional NT?

How do INFP's usually approach logic?, is it possible to be a highly detached, logical NF?

Any thoughts?
    I think it's possible : ) I mean NT doesn't mean you don't have emotions, it just means one tends to think through them rather than feel through them : ) Im not sure about the NF part tho since i'm an INTJ, but good luck! oh, I do think that NFs tend to think things are more subjective esp INFPs so objective things such as types of logic might not be as appealing, but an INFJ might be willing to approach logic etc from a more detached perspective...lol but I'm not really sure hopefully someone else can shed some light

oh and hEy everyone HEY!! What do you think my type is!!?! huh! hUh!? I'm pretty sure it's INTJ but mAYbeee I'm wrong?!?!

:p