• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Help figuring out your type?

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
i just want to know what to put in my type box and i have come up with INTP. that is not to say i have disregarded Ivy's insight, i just naturally feel that i am INTP.

SolitaryWalker

Tenured roisterer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
i just want to know what to put in my type box and i have come up with INTP. that is not to say i have disregarded Ivy's insight, i just naturally feel that i am INTP.

Ok.. no argument from me... other than that your phraseology seems very un-INTPish...

Wolf

only bites when provoked
MBTI Type
INTJ
Not an ENTP.

The patterns I've seen look just like an INFJ I know, only that INFJ has psychological problems that distort things. ctg has more clarity and intelligence with less Fe.

You still don't seem INTP, SW. I continue to stand by and you keep reinforcing my opinion that you are an INTJ.

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj
My... Haight is cranky today...

How are we to judge your type if we have insufficient interactions with you? So you have to start us off by giving us some data.

SolitaryWalker

Tenured roisterer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Not an ENTP.

The patterns I've seen look just like an INFJ I know, only that INFJ has psychological problems that distort things. ctg has more clarity and intelligence with less Fe.

You still don't seem INTP, SW. I continue to stand by and you keep reinforcing my opinion that you are an INTJ.

You're entitled to your opinion, yet so far you did not give an argument for it. Its beginning to stress out my Ti. All you say is that you know that I am an INTJ yet you do not say how you know.

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
arrah. i speak eloquently when i choose. i have not chosen to do so much on fora bc it takes too much effort. it obviously doesn't take much effort for you, and you shouldn't spit on others their for lack of talent in rich phraseology.

SolitaryWalker

Tenured roisterer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

How are we to judge your type if we have insufficient interactions with you? So you have to start us off by giving us some data.

We are just going to have to collect information as we go....making our claims tentatively and changing them when necessary...

Haight

Doesn't Read Your Posts
MBTI Type
INTj

5,000 posts and you want more data?

Varelse

Wait, what?
MBTI Type
INTJ
No blog moving yet, dear. :)

You don't read like ENTP. I'm more interested in a holistic approach, rather than trying to discern a particular function such as Ivy or SW seem to be doing. (I'm much more inclined towards Ivy, though.)

I'm also well-aware of inherent bias -- for example, I'm not quite sure what an 18-year-old female looks like in different types. There are a few female INTPs here who are your age (such as Varelse) and I -know- you don't "look like them" in terms of psych profile... but I don't have many other points of comparison.

So far I've seen flip-flopped thinking -- sometimes you have skated on the surface like typical ESFJs, but at other times have shown a harder more iconoclast side.

Wish I could just bamf you here for five minutes or watch you around your peers / parents / and otherwise for a few minutes, it would give me a much better idea.
Yes. And you might want to consider that I did score quite extreme on the INTP scale, so that might skew the impressions as well.

Personally, I do get an I and P impression, and I could see how someone could get the S impression as well. T/F? I'm not sure...but I can see how my biases would push someone with a weaker T preference into the F range.

Wolf

only bites when provoked
MBTI Type
INTJ
Patterns, SW, patterns. You are too intensely attempting to form and categorize them to be an INTP, while you also show distinctive patterns.

You have a very bad case of Te.

SolitaryWalker

Tenured roisterer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Patterns, SW, patterns. You are too intensely attempting to form and categorize them to be an INTP, while you also show distinctive patterns.

You have a very bad case of Te.

What about Ti? Isnt Ti even more of an intense thinking function than Te since its introverted. INTPs are more systematic thinkers than INTJs because T is more systematic than N.

Einstein is a typical INTP and Nietzsche a typical INTJ. So you do the figuring, tell me which of the two is more systematic?

If I was an immature INTJ, I wouldnt be a bad case of a Te, I'd be a bad case of an Ni. And I wouldnt then be obsessed with logic and systemizing everything, I'd be bent on imagination then.

Dont know if you read Leanor Thompson's personality type, but she talked about a neurotic INTJ there and how she was so obsessed with imagination and the unconsicous mind because of her hyperactive Ni that she was spenidng hours on writing about her dreams and got very subjective. This doesnt sound like somebody who is trying to systemize everything. Bad case of a Te? You're better off calling me an ENTJ then.

It would make more sense to say that its a bad case of a Ti as my logic is internally and not externally focused as I try to figure out problems of my own. Problems that dont relate to the world and noone cares about. There is definitely a bad case of a T here with all the systemizing that I have going on, but not a Te, as Te is concerned with practical problems.

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj
You're entitled to your opinion, yet so far you did not give an argument for it. Its beginning to stress out my Ti. All you say is that you know that I am an INTJ yet you do not say how you know.
My thoughts on this subject... too much Ti, with a developing Ne that sometimes becomes out of balance. If that is what INTP is suppose to have then he is one... As to whether functions fit with the J/P distinction I'm not sure about.

Edit: In agreement with wolf, there is also Te despite his continual denial of the subject matter... but Ti preceeds over Te.

5,000 posts and you want more data?
I'm sorry... but I haven't been on INTPc for that long. You want me to go back and read through everything you post there? My mind will probably blow up before I get very far. My Se can't handle all that at once. :blush:

Edit 2: That one line suggests Te... but basing this on one quote is hardly reliable.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Wolf just desperately wants a friend! Be good to him!

Bad case of a Te? You're better off calling me an ENTJ then.

"National Enquirer: SW Admits to Being ENTJ!" Read all about it!

Personally, I do get an I and P impression, and I could see how someone could get the S impression as well. T/F? I'm not sure...but I can see how my biases would push someone with a weaker T preference into the F range.

That's one of the admitted flaws in my "snapshot database" mentality. Note that I'm also considering more than just you and creating a "composite" in a sense... but yes, the database is only as good as the images I've collected so far.

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
Just a couple of points which may bring insight.

Do you :-
#1 Think others are doing something wrong but aren't particularly motivated to help them (as in they can do it that way, their wrong but they can do it that way)?
#2 Think "Always right, except when wrong and in which case the question was stupid" describes you quite well?
#3 Tend towards making things efficient?
#4 Feel compelled to make yourself internally logically consistent or are you allowed to break the rules?

Haight

Doesn't Read Your Posts
MBTI Type
INTj
I'm sorry... but I haven't been on INTPc for that long. You want me to go back and read through everything you post there? My mind will probably blow up before I get very far. My Se can't handle all that at once. :blush:
. . . then pace yourself. Consider it a high quality learning experience. :D

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
Haight = Friendly INTP.

Your a lesser spotted breed ;)

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
Just a couple of points which may bring insight.

Do you :-
#1 Think others are doing something wrong but aren't particularly motivated to help them (as in they can do it that way, their wrong but they can do it that way)?
#2 Think "Always right, except when wrong and in which case the question was stupid" describes you quite well?
#3 Tend towards making things efficient?
#4 Feel compelled to make yourself internally logically consistent or are you allowed to break the rules?

1. yes
2. no
3. yes
4. i don't break any rules internally by ignoring logic., so yes