User Tag List

First 14222324252634 Last

MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    RC,

How do you manage to keep your timing so tight?

Please tell me how you do it or publish timings so I can co-ordinate.

Thanks.
    ESP

Ask Fortunato & Kuranes. I do it them, too.
    Who rises in the morning, looks in the mirror and says, "I think I will do something stupid today?" -- James Hollis
    If people never did silly things nothing intelligent would ever get done. -- Ludwig Wittgenstein
    Whaling is illegal in Oklahoma.

MBTI
    INTJ

M & Ms?

Who are we interrogating now?
    We are not poets
    We have no right to make amendments

MBTI
    type

I should have added:

There will be a quiz. It will be evident who read the material, who did the material, and who scanned every third word and made a comment.

Who rises in the morning, looks in the mirror and says, "I think I will do something stupid today?" -- James Hollis
    If people never did silly things nothing intelligent would ever get done. -- Ludwig Wittgenstein
    Whaling is illegal in Oklahoma.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by rivercrow View Post
    I should have added:

There will be a quiz. It will be evident who read the material, who did the material, and who scanned every third word and made a comment.

I did read the attachment...but I have two other tests and a paper due.
    We are not poets

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Varelse View Post
    I did read the attachment...but I have two other tests and a paper due.
    Underachiever.

Welp, I'm going to go buy me some M&Ms, all in the name of science. Wish me luck!
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Underachiever.

Welp, I'm going to go buy me some M&Ms, all in the name of science. Wish me luck!
    Good luck then.

Underachiever? What am I expected to achieve? It's not like I have a high IQ or anything.

Or a high ACT score
    We are not poets

Tenured roisterer SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    I think that this is wrong. INTJs are well known for not being bothered if your following the "correct" path (ie the one they chose). the one I know just gives you which just screams "looser".

I think that the P/J divide is at current understood wrong and is concentrated on too much as a kinda guide to how neatly you organise your sock draw. My friend who is an INTJ is as laid back as I am (hey I even have the mug "If I were any more laid back I'd be in a coma") and can be as laissez faire. However when it comes to thinking his preference for J makes him a more consistent and reliable thinker. If your into D&D, and understand alignments properly, then J's are lawful and Ps are more chaotic (note proper understanding requires being able to think of a rogue who steals but is lawful). Basically a J is a systematic thinker. Their designs are a network of tie up ends. Ps tend to have a lot more loose ends but the design is often more flexible and tends to have less weak areas (well except when someone finds one of those loose ends that is).

Anyhow that's how I see it breaking down
    INTP - Can be a genius. More flexible than INTJ but tend to have loose ends all over.
    INTJ - Strong ideas, generally more direct and forceful than an INTPs. Less flexible though.
    ENTP - Innovative but can leave holes in their ides. Way more flexible thinkers than ENTJs.
    ENTJ - Direct ideas which should achieve what they see as the main objectives. Often fail to have a plan which can accomodate the unforseen.

This kind of analysis kinda makes me think that INTP-ENTJ & ENTP-INTJ make good mixes for leadership. I know that when working with my father (ENTJ) that I can often help merely by pointing out where he's being unecessarily inflexible in his plans.

Anyhow, just some thoughts.

Oh and Ivy, you sound INFJ to me. No particular reasoning. You could be ENFJ as you do sound a lot like my sister, just calmer and more one on one (if that makes any sense).

Yes Xander, first of all I ought to congratulate you on your splendid intellectual communications skills starting off your post with 'I think this is wrong'.

I think INTJ are more open-minded than INTPs because intuition is their superior function. INTPs may seem more flexible because intuition is on the outside for them and thinking for INTJs. But the reality of it is that INTJs are more flexible because they are more intuitive. They need to apply their ideas because their judgment function is extroverted. It is about the world, and this is what their decisions are about-external life and not some internal life as for the INTPs.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by SolitaryWalker View Post
    Yes Xander, first of all I ought to congratulate you on your splendid intellectual communications skills starting off your post with 'I think this is wrong'.
    Dude, it was a reply. replace the word post with the word reply in this quote of yours and you'll see the error.

Unless of course I've just ridden rough shod over a joke
    I think INTJ are more open-minded than INTPs because intuition is their superior function. INTPs may seem more flexible because intuition is on the outside for them and thinking for INTJs. But the reality of it is that INTJs are more flexible because they are more intuitive. They need to apply their ideas because their judgment function is extroverted. It is about the world, and this is what their decisions are about-external life and not some internal life as for the INTPs.
    Are you judging this from a stand point of knowledge or theory?

I argued about D&D with an INTJ one a week for a few months, taking hours at each time. It took me a long while to get him from "it's the elvel system which causes all the problems" to actually seeing that what he really objected to was the size of the step inbetween each plateau and not the step itself.
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

MBTI
    enfp

HA!

I KNOW YOU GUYS.

cheers. nice to see you boys out at play here.

shh. i am supposed to be napping.

MBTI
    ISTP

But the reality of it is that INTJs are more flexible because they are more intuitive.
    o_O I'm guessing you haven't lived with an INTJ... or hell, known one that close.

They are open, sure, compared to an S, but the concept of an INTJ being more flexible than an INTP requires me to suspend everything I know about INTJs or redefine the word 'flexible'... neither of which change that INTPs are vastly more flexible, in all sense of the word, than INTJs.

N does not equal flexible. P/J = flexible.

If you look at the Step II breakdown (paraphrased);

J = Systematic, Scheduled, Methodical
    P = Casual, Open-Ended, Spontaneous, Emergent
    N = Abstract, Conceptual, Theoretical, Original
    S = Concrete, Realistic, Practical, Traditional
    T = Logical, Reasonable, Questioning

There is very little question that Ni is considered less flexible than Ne, as a result of NJ and NP respectively. There is nothing in N that causes people to be flexible - Ni being dominant makes them even less flexible... and Ti (TP)certainly holds more "flexibility" that the equivalent TJ.

Meaning that J is the major determinent in how 'flexible' someone is.