First 3111213141523 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    I gave up on typing myself. I'm an XXXX.
    I was thinkign about this. You seem to be an INFJ to me. Like my sister, who's an ENFJ, you have developed your reasoning T very well though. You just more reflective than she is and hence I call I.

Developed & intelligent INFJ.

Possibly you struggle with the F/T because to an F reasoning looks like logic? (That's not supposed to be a beat down on anyone, I'm just thinking out loud here.)
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    I was thinkign about this. You seem to be an INFJ to me. Like my sister, who's an ENFJ, you have developed your reasoning T very well though. You just more reflective than she is and hence I call I.

Developed & intelligent INFJ.

Possibly you struggle with the F/T because to an F reasoning looks like logic? (That's not supposed to be a beat down on anyone, I'm just thinking out loud here.)
    It's possible. I have a hard time seeing myself as J anymore. INFP kinda-sorta fits, especially the functions (I do FiNe in a big way, I think). But I don't think I am as fragile as the other INFPs I've met. Except, I guess I am in some ways.

This is harder when you don't really know yourself that well, OR when you're kind of "eh" at everything and not great at anything.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

CTG, I'm up for the impromptu essay, sounds like fun -- though not right this moment. (I will let you know when I'm freed up.)

1. Not a long essay.
    2. No research required, as far as topic goes. Want it to be "off the top of the head."
    3. Anyone can play.

Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    I was thinkign about this. You seem to be an INFJ to me. Like my sister, who's an ENFJ, you have developed your reasoning T very well though. You just more reflective than she is and hence I call I. Developed & intelligent INFJ.
    That's my guess as well.

Actually, Ivy reminds me a lot of another woman in real life (about the same age too!) who is a social worker. You both have a real pragmatic side (which is almost "S" like), but you both interact just on the deep level of perception that S's never usually go -- like you are seeing far more than what is apparent. I would also class her as INFJ because she's far too abstraction-capable than an ISFJ.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    CTG, I'm up for the impromptu essay, sounds like fun -- though not right this moment. (I will let you know when I'm freed up.)

1. Not a long essay.
    2. No research required, as far as topic goes. Want it to be "off the top of the head."
    3. Anyone can play.
    of course
    of course
    of course!

wouldn't have it any other way.

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    It's possible. I have a hard time seeing myself as J anymore. INFP kinda-sorta fits, especially the functions (I do FiNe in a big way, I think). But I don't think I am as fragile as the other INFPs I've met. Except, I guess I am in some ways.

This is harder when you don't really know yourself that well, OR when you're kind of "eh" at everything and not great at anything.
    But the fact that you mentioned about "knowing yourself and what you're good/not good at" suggests a need of internal consistency... which is closer along the lines of INFJ than INFP.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by nightning View Post
    But the fact that you mentioned about "knowing yourself and what you're good/not good at" suggests a need of internal consistency... which is closer along the lines of INFJ than INFP.
    Good point.

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post

1. Not a long essay.
    3. Anyone can play.
    How do you get multiple people writing one essay? Do we just write on the same topic? It takes too long to write essays... I think I'll just watch.

MBTI
    INFP

it takes 1 1/2 hours to write an essay.

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by cut the grass View Post
    Heh, It's taken me 9 weeks to write my (1000 of) 2000 word essay

Which is rather sad, since I should be able to do that in about 40 minutes. But I'd have to care about the subject matter to do that...

How does anyone write essay after essay on topics that don't interest them!?

(Nothing says INTP like putting off an essay for months after building multiple databases and spreadsheets... just to leave the course hanging.)

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by cut the grass View Post
    Lucky.

I usually need five-seven days to analyze the ideas throughly...writing it is quick, though.
    We are not poets
    We have no right to make amendments