• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Help figuring out your type?

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Nice attachment, RC.

The M&M example is hilarious... simply because I've seen some of those very functions playing themselves out when my family eats Skittles.

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
I'd offered. All you have to do is ask. :)
You expected me to accept an offer of help?
You expected me to remember?

I thought you'd looked at the MBTI more than once :huh:

:smile:

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
You personally? Er, yes. Considering.
God damn bloomin subtle ninja like 5s!!!

One of these days... ONE OF THESE DAYS!!!
I'm going to pin you down under PMs and interrogate you as to what you are alluding too. Damnably infuriating personage!!!

That's it. The cookies are being laced with truth serum. Oh crap and now I told you. :doh:

rivercrow

shoshaku jushaku
MBTI Type
type
Nice attachment, RC.

The M&M example is hilarious... simply because I've seen some of those very functions playing themselves out when my family eats Skittles.

:D

Don't just read it, though. Do the exercise.

Yeah, I know. We're Ns, we don't need the real world.

It's amazing what you learn if you play with behaviors associated with your non-preferred functions.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
:D

Don't just read it, though. Do the exercise.

Yeah, I know. We're Ns, we don't need the real world.

It's amazing what you learn if you play with behaviors associated with your non-preferred functions.

Funny.. when you sent that to me, I read it through and imagined myself doing the exercises, and then decided I didn't REALLY need to do them. :blush: (Not sure why I didn't see it as an opportunity to eat M&Ms with impugnity.)

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
RC,

How do you manage to keep your timing so tight?

I refresh my control panel and there's no new posts. I sigh and click on new posts. There you are right at the top having posted on a thread which I am subscribed to.

Please tell me how you do it or publish timings so I can co-ordinate.

Thanks.

rivercrow

shoshaku jushaku
MBTI Type
type
Funny.. when you sent that to me, I read it through and imagined myself doing the exercises, and then decided I didn't REALLY need to do them. :blush: (Not sure why I didn't see it as an opportunity to eat M&Ms with impugnity.)

LOL!

Don't take that as assurance that you're N! :)

I think it's human nature to not want to do exercises. Or homework.

We don't have time or we're willing to take it at face value. After all, it's simple! These sound like good Sensing reasons to not do an exercise.

To know the mountain, you must climb it.

AUM!

rivercrow

shoshaku jushaku
MBTI Type
type
RC,

How do you manage to keep your timing so tight?

Please tell me how you do it or publish timings so I can co-ordinate.

Thanks.

ESP

Ask Fortunato & Kuranes. I do it them, too.

rivercrow

shoshaku jushaku
MBTI Type
type
I should have added:

There will be a quiz. It will be evident who read the material, who did the material, and who scanned every third word and made a comment.

:rofl1:

Varelse

Wait, what?
MBTI Type
INTJ
I should have added:

There will be a quiz. It will be evident who read the material, who did the material, and who scanned every third word and made a comment.

:rofl1:
:cry: I did read the attachment...but I have two other tests and a paper due.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
:cry: I did read the attachment...but I have two other tests and a paper due.

Underachiever.

Welp, I'm going to go buy me some M&Ms, all in the name of science. Wish me luck!

Varelse

Wait, what?
MBTI Type
INTJ
Underachiever.

Welp, I'm going to go buy me some M&Ms, all in the name of science. Wish me luck!
Good luck then.

Underachiever? :cry: What am I expected to achieve? It's not like I have a high IQ or anything.

Or a high ACT score

SolitaryWalker

Tenured roisterer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I think that this is wrong. INTJs are well known for not being bothered if your following the "correct" path (ie the one they chose). the one I know just gives you :thelook: which just screams "looser".

I think that the P/J divide is at current understood wrong and is concentrated on too much as a kinda guide to how neatly you organise your sock draw. My friend who is an INTJ is as laid back as I am (hey I even have the mug "If I were any more laid back I'd be in a coma") and can be as laissez faire. However when it comes to thinking his preference for J makes him a more consistent and reliable thinker. If your into D&D, and understand alignments properly, then J's are lawful and Ps are more chaotic (note proper understanding requires being able to think of a rogue who steals but is lawful). Basically a J is a systematic thinker. Their designs are a network of tie up ends. Ps tend to have a lot more loose ends but the design is often more flexible and tends to have less weak areas (well except when someone finds one of those loose ends that is).

Anyhow that's how I see it breaking down
INTP - Can be a genius. More flexible than INTJ but tend to have loose ends all over.
INTJ - Strong ideas, generally more direct and forceful than an INTPs. Less flexible though.
ENTP - Innovative but can leave holes in their ides. Way more flexible thinkers than ENTJs.
ENTJ - Direct ideas which should achieve what they see as the main objectives. Often fail to have a plan which can accomodate the unforseen.

This kind of analysis kinda makes me think that INTP-ENTJ & ENTP-INTJ make good mixes for leadership. I know that when working with my father (ENTJ) that I can often help merely by pointing out where he's being unecessarily inflexible in his plans.

Anyhow, just some thoughts.

Oh and Ivy, you sound INFJ to me. No particular reasoning. You could be ENFJ as you do sound a lot like my sister, just calmer and more one on one (if that makes any sense).

Yes Xander, first of all I ought to congratulate you on your splendid intellectual communications skills starting off your post with 'I think this is wrong'.

I think INTJ are more open-minded than INTPs because intuition is their superior function. INTPs may seem more flexible because intuition is on the outside for them and thinking for INTJs. But the reality of it is that INTJs are more flexible because they are more intuitive. They need to apply their ideas because their judgment function is extroverted. It is about the world, and this is what their decisions are about-external life and not some internal life as for the INTPs.

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
Yes Xander, first of all I ought to congratulate you on your splendid intellectual communications skills starting off your post with 'I think this is wrong'.
Dude, it was a reply. replace the word post with the word reply in this quote of yours and you'll see the error.

Unless of course I've just ridden rough shod over a joke :whistling:
I think INTJ are more open-minded than INTPs because intuition is their superior function. INTPs may seem more flexible because intuition is on the outside for them and thinking for INTJs. But the reality of it is that INTJs are more flexible because they are more intuitive. They need to apply their ideas because their judgment function is extroverted. It is about the world, and this is what their decisions are about-external life and not some internal life as for the INTPs.
Are you judging this from a stand point of knowledge or theory?

I argued about D&D with an INTJ one a week for a few months, taking hours at each time. It took me a long while to get him from "it's the elvel system which causes all the problems" to actually seeing that what he really objected to was the size of the step inbetween each plateau and not the step itself.

shum

MBTI Type
enfp
HA!

I KNOW YOU GUYS.

cheers. nice to see you boys out at play here.

shh. i am supposed to be napping.

ptgatsby

MBTI Type
ISTP
But the reality of it is that INTJs are more flexible because they are more intuitive.

o_O I'm guessing you haven't lived with an INTJ... or hell, known one that close.

They are open, sure, compared to an S, but the concept of an INTJ being more flexible than an INTP requires me to suspend everything I know about INTJs or redefine the word 'flexible'... neither of which change that INTPs are vastly more flexible, in all sense of the word, than INTJs.

N does not equal flexible. P/J = flexible.

If you look at the Step II breakdown (paraphrased);

J = Systematic, Scheduled, Methodical
P = Casual, Open-Ended, Spontaneous, Emergent
N = Abstract, Conceptual, Theoretical, Original
S = Concrete, Realistic, Practical, Traditional
T = Logical, Reasonable, Questioning

There is very little question that Ni is considered less flexible than Ne, as a result of NJ and NP respectively. There is nothing in N that causes people to be flexible - Ni being dominant makes them even less flexible... and Ti (TP)certainly holds more "flexibility" that the equivalent TJ.

Meaning that J is the major determinent in how 'flexible' someone is.