User Tag List

First 91011121321 Last

MBTI
    INXP

Given that you seem to think I am a sensor, I really doubt you're any good at typing.
    Let's do this thing.

MBTI
    INFP

this was the wedge last week

big swell

a couple fisherman on the jetti were swept off and pummeled into the rocks. they died.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Haight View Post
    Well, the house you live in is right there, anyway.
    yes..yes.. and i am very aware that i am fortunate. and do not take it for granted.

The Unwieldy Clawed One Falcarius's Avatar
    MBTI
    COOL
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    Dino None

My turn.

Is there a logical reason why all the MBTI tests I have ever took have said my "T" is my strongest function?

I don't understand, I have more stuffed animals than I have room for them to fit on my shelf. And I have been a vegetarian since I was very young.

Now, back to me.

As for Haight, I think he is a INTJ, he runs this joint (and at INTPc) like a "J", he the only administrator that ever gets anything done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalassa View Post
    Oh our 3rd person reference to ourselves denotes nothing more than we realize we are epic characters on the forum.

Narcissism, plain and simple.

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

cut the grass,

Leave your house and start driving south on PCH, past MacArthur, make a right turn just past the old Ace Hardware store and follow that all the way to ocean front. Park in front of the old dilapidated brown-shingled house, walk across the street, and sit on the bench that will be directly in front of you. From there, look to your right, just beyond Old Corona, and see if The Wedge is breaking. Then come back to this thread and report your findings.

Now, back to me.
    Such a literal descriptive set of directions... are you sure you're not a sensor? j/k

Cut the grass: You sound like you have Fi...

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Falcarius View Post
    he the only administrator that ever gets anything done.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

My turn.

Is there a logical reason why all the MBTI tests I have ever took have said my "T" is my strongest function?

I don't understand, I have more stuffed animals than I have room for them to fit on my shelf. And I have been a vegetarian since I was very young.
    i think vegetarians come in two shades: 1) those highly compassionate, and 2) those very deliberate in their choices. i see you fit the latter.
    INTP/5w4 sx

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by nightning View Post
    Such a literal descriptive set of directions... are you sure you're not a sensor? j/k
    heh.

To get serious for a moment, INTPs aren't beyond being specific when need be. I prefer generalities, but when it comes to things such as directions, I am as clear-cut as I need to be to make sure the job gets done correctly. it's part of my repertoire, but only one part.

Haight easily feels INTP to me, but I've had some PMs with him to provide add'l info. In public forums, I will admit he doesn't give people much to work with... but then again, that's a sign in itself, isn't it?

My turn. Is there a logical reason why all the MBTI tests I have ever took have said my "T" is my strongest function?
    If you weren't always trying to cheat, maybe you'd get the right answer!

Quote Originally Posted by cut the grass View Post
    How long have you been drawing? couple years
    When did you start? 15
    What motivated you to start? intense inspiration from the things that were going on in my life at the time
    Do you dabble in any other mediums? charcoal, pastels. i'm worthless at pottery, can't build models, but i'm a damn good writer. damn good.
    How skilled have you become? not so much a skill, than a hobby.
    How often do you draw? i would make art all day every day. i would obsess over things to draw.
    What is your favorite color palette to use? warm colors and/or monochromatic schemes. rarely black and white, although a successful BW contrast is something to marvel at.
    Is anyone else in your family artistic? my father (INTP)

What sort of art does your father do?

So you're a writer, huh? (And a bold one too! )
    Time to strut your stuff, girl. What sort of things do you write, and can you post some in your blog? What's your favorite style of writing? And topic(s) of writing?
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFP

this thread smells like a classic to me.

MBTI
    ISTP

My turn.

In cases like these, and this goes for CTG as well, it's important to remember that under T and F there are quite a few sub-traits that don't have to go together. Especially if you aren't strongly T/F.

In CTG's case, the art side is considered F, however there are also measurements as to ones empathy and critical nature. It is not impossible for one to be artistic (especially with a more dominant NP or SP) and yet still have dominant T traits.

In your case, the 'feminine' and 'soft' stuffed animals doesn't need to translate to F. What really matters is what these things represent to you (same with the art - why art? Why write?). The social view on stuffed animals doesn't really factor in.

A good example of it is my GF - a rather strong T (well, using FFM more so than MBTI, since she hasn't taken the official MBTI), but has special attachment to her stuffies as a result of being very sheltered (transference!) as a child. Believe me, it doesn't make her any more empathetic or moral (INTJ...).

As for Haight, I think he is a INTJ, he runs this joint (and at INTPc) like a "J", he the only administrator that ever gets anything done.
    Haight seems pretty INTp to me, as he says. He's a bit too soft and offers up a bit too much general information to be a strong J... though INTx isn't impossible!