• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Common letters amongst friends?

Qre:us

Most of my friends are extraverted, and intuitive, and pretty much all of them are judgers.

The common function that seems to be shared between me, and most of them, is Fe. A lot of my attunement to this function was enabled by those friends, namely the ESFJ, ENFJ and INFJ, with whom I lived with for 3+ years, during undergrad university.

My closest friends:

ESFx
ESFJ
ENFJ
INFJ
ENTJ
INTJ

It's interesting, as I think I attract, and am attracted to, judgers more than perceivers.

ZPowers

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I'd say there's a lot of Ns in my group, very few Ss. Is are very slightly more common with me, Ps also probably a little more common than Js. Fs and Ts even split.

Nigel Tufnel

MBTI Type
ENTP
From what I've noticed, N usually associate with other Ns, and Ss associate with other Ss.

my girlfriend and closest friends are all ESFPs

they like to go out a lot like I do, share my interest in sports, and balance out my NT, other ENTPs irritate me to no end

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Shucks in the real world I don't choose my friends rather it seems like they choose me. On the other hand maybe I choose them by not pushing them away hard enough.

mostly ESTPs
ISTJ
ESFJ
ISFJ
ENFP
and undiagnosed
Need more Ne/Ni in my life because the S doms are killing me. Maybe thats why I come here.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
S, E & F in real life. I have a LOT of ESFPs in my life.
I'd love to have more N friends, as they've always been my closest friendships. When I do meet other Ns, they tend to be men.

phthalocyanine

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx
most of my close friends are N's, and most are NF or NT. there are a lot of P's in my social circle, though i also tend to get on well with xNFJ's, and sometimes the odd INTJ will accept me :cheese:

i have one good ESFP friend, which is plenty! energy enough for an army of SP's there...

i have never been very close with an SJ my own age (or many SJ's in general), but i have one older ISFJ female friend who is totally awesome. i suspect as i grow older i might make more SJ friends, though xSTJ's and i seem to always have this weird interaction i'm still trying to figure out.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm wondering which letter of your personality type is shared most amongst your friends. I'm INFJ, and I've found that almost all of my friends are also I, many are N, but T/F J/P are all split evenly.

Or do you find that most of your friends share a common letter that is different from your own?

Take a sample of, say, 8 close friends and let me know what you find. Thanks!
The VAST majority of my friends are T. Beyond that most are P (Most Js are too rigid for me), but I do have more than a few J friends. I recently made the assessment and I was surprised by how many of my friends are S (my best friend is ESTP), although generally speaking I tend to be closer to my N friends.