• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Ni vs. Si comparative Si TEST

BlueSprout

/X\(:: :: )/X\
MBTI Type
pfni
Enneagram
- A home was likely just bought for a fraction of its previous value, which must be as devastating for the former owners as it is pleasing to the opportunistic buyers. I wonder where the other family is or how they feel.
- The woman and son are color coordinated. They look like a 'picture perfect' family: clean, well dressed, etc.
- The woman has nice hair and a juicy butt.

am_i_evil666

This is a very sad picture.
They just bought the house, are standing in front of it and are happy about it. So ordinary...
The background is blurred and the for sale sign is emphasized. As if money would buy happiness. There is nothing individual about this picture, it's a portrayal of the perfect American family I guess.

Snow Turtle

Looks like For Sale sign is photoshopped in. It is super sharp while background scene is really blurred, but not in the right way for the sign in the foreground to look natural. Background scene looks peaceful and idyllic. I suspect the original photo had no For Sale sign and was meant to look positive but then someone wanted to use the same photo to illustrate something negative or sad, like losing your house, which is why they made the For Sale sign so hyper sharp. Maybe they didn't have much of a budget.

The "for sale" sign is first and foremost (ouch); the rest of the picture is almost incidental.

Small family, stock photography-esque set-up. I sense no true affection.

Bright sunny day, spring / early summer like. Like the greenish-yellow hues, which is why that "for sale" sign is such a nuisance eye-draw.

It's like being hit on the head with a message, but which one:

Did they just buy this house, or are they saying goodbye to it? Or did they just spend $$ to get that new stone walkway made to help sell their house?

Family is looking at their house, either that they just bought it or have finished with it.

The colours they are wearing seem to represent the whole sunny atmosphere feeling that you get with the amount of greenary.

For sale - apart from the fact that it looks pretty damn fake... For some reason the whole red-words seem to make me feel kind of uncomfortable as if it's a huge loss (selling more likely than buying). It seems contrasted with the background colours honestly and irritates me. >.>'

Maybe it's just hinting about a culture? That's no longer Si though. :/

To be honest. The data is going to be messed up because it's no longer just what people normally think. You're asking people to 'analyse' the photo which is just going to incorporate alot of other things.

G

garbage

There's a FOR SALE sign. It's huge and photoshopped in.

Two possibilities.. either they're selling their existing house here out of desperation and are saying goodbye to it, or they've found the perfect house to move into as a family. Looks like the latter's more likely because there's no "SOLD" sign. So, good on them!! Maybe!!

But they also don't seem too excited. Like, at all. So, dunno. I could be wrong. But they could also just be taking it all in.

And on and on it goes.

Nice ass.

:workout:

heart

heart on fire
The thing about the picture that stands out is obviously the for sale sign. And then next how bland the three look and their arms about each other in a lockstep sort of a manner. Also the blurriness of the rest of the picture.

I think the person who made this picture that way meant to say: They got sold a bill of goods, they think this will fufill them but it can't. They are marching into a blury future, a false dream. The only sure thing, the only clear thing is the market, selling dreams, the almighty dollar. It stands out and makes everything else fuzzy and insignifigant.

Oh and a fearful thought races through my mind: Oh God, does my butt look that wide now?

Mad Hatter

Head Pigeon
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
-1w
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
That sign looks like it's shopped in. And it really stands out.
It's a contrast to the background. The sign is red and white, constructed of rectangular shapes and very sharp while the background is rather mushy, lots of yellow colors and more 'round', in a way.

William K

Uniqueorn
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
For the sake of the experiment, Si users post all your IMMEDIATE reactions to the following picture.

If you are an Ni user, please post your reaction in the other thread prior to reading comments here.

The family of 3 are taking a last look at the house that they had to sell as they are moving to a much bigger house now. Although they are moving to a better place, it is still sad to give up a place they had so many memories of.

musttry

MBTI Type
INFJ
This one is tougher because my Si is at the bottom. I’ll give it a shot anyways but would welcome any additional analysis from actual Si doms.

The popular definition for Si is:

Introverted Sensing often involves storing data and information, then comparing and contrasting the current situation with similar ones. The immediate experience or words are instantly linked with the prior experiences, and we register a similarity or a difference. Introverted Sensing is also operating when we see someone who reminds us of someone else. Sometimes a feeling associated with the recalled image comes into our awareness along with the information itself. Then the image can be so strong, our body responds as if reliving the experience. The process also involves reviewing the past to draw on the lessons of history, hindsight, and experience. With introverted Sensing, there is often great attention to detail and getting a clear picture of goals and objectives and what is to happen.

(NB. I actually saw counsellor once who tried to get me to do exercises that resembled this process lot. It is very stabilising!)

We are therefore looking for cross-referencing data and experiences in order understand what is happening or what might happen. The judging function will allow to accept or dismiss the new data by referring to logic based on facts or people.

Si is not:
- Just noticing details.

My top picks are:

The dad sold mortgage backed securities.
Or
The dad went from the mailroom to the boardroom.
– Takes in the actors in the picture and cross-references with reasons for moving.

That's a generic for sale sign, so it makes it look like a parody or a commercial.
– Compares actual picture to other pictures usually seen.

The sign looks out of place, looks like an advertisement.
American dream.
– “the sign looks out of place” would suggest comparing to other signs previously seen. Nothing is actually done with the info.

- A home was likely just bought for a fraction of its previous value, which must be as devastating for the former owners as it is pleasing to the opportunistic buyers.
- The woman and son are color coordinated. They look like a 'picture perfect' family: clean, well dressed, etc.
– comparing to the image of a “perfect family”

This is a very sad picture.
They just bought the house, are standing in front of it and are happy about it. So ordinary...
There is nothing individual about this picture, it's a portrayal of the perfect American family I guess.
- ditto

To be honest. The data is going to be messed up because it's no longer just what people normally think. You're asking people to 'analyse' the photo which is just going to incorporate alot of other things.
– Indeed, we are looking for what looks like Si 

Two possibilities.. either they're selling their existing house here out of desperation and are saying goodbye to it, or they've found the perfect house to move into as a family. Looks like the latter's more likely because there's no "SOLD" sign. So, good on them!! Maybe!!
– I’d say this a good way of connecting the dots with previous experience and using logic to understand.

The family of 3 are taking a last look at the house that they had to sell as they are moving to a much bigger house now. Although they are moving to a better place, it is still sad to give up a place they had so many memories of.
– using the data to predict the most probable outcome using experience.

Wow, that was harder than I thought. Not sure if Si-users would feel that I have correctly pin-pointed Si-usage. Your call!

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
For the sake of the experiment, Si users post all your IMMEDIATE reactions to the following picture.

If you are an Ni user, please post your reaction in the other thread prior to reading comments here.

Immediate reactions: it's jarring. Why is it jarring? It's not just the bold use of red and white on a clearly fake oversized sign - fake not just as an element of the original photo's composition but deliberately fake because for sale signs contain more information than those two words. So it's clearly not what it appears to be. It's certainly not an advert - the backs of people's heads don't sell anything. It's the kind of image that might be seen in a downmarket newspaper. Is it a comment on the domestic impact of the current financial crisis? Don't know - there is no emotional content. I'm disturbed by the Stepfordesque posing of the models. In particular the way her arms are perfectly aligned with the base of the sign. That adds to a sense of unease and that jarring quality. Too perfect. Too neat and clean. You know that sense of menace created in psychological horror films, where the images and the music send out conflicting messages and you know something horrible is about to happen but you're still in suspense?
Is that what the composer was going for? That we can't afford to hold on to dreams of a "perfect" existence. That disallusionment is inevitable? That the image was always a false, idealized one with no basis in reality? Or is it just a poorly executed effort at something else? Couldn't say.

G

Ginkgo

At first I thought the woman was cradling the man's ass; but when I realized he wasn't I was disappointed. Then I noticed that the sign was overly obtrusive until I adjusted my depth perception to find that the sign was behind the family and not in front of them. After that, the redness of the sign was distracting me because it is a known fact that the color red subconsciously stimulates hunger; so I wondered why you would need to be appetized to purchase a house. Is there pizza inside? I find the picturesqueness to be unnatural, like most advertisements are. The posture of the family, standing like the heroic Hercule after defeating Cerberus, is strange. Perhaps this is their first house together as a family? They seem to have some sort of spiritual attachment to the house now, like kudzu wraps itself around an object for years to come. I don't think they're leaving, at least until the man finds his wife cheating on him in the bed that HE PAYED FOR THAT UNGRATEFUL BITCHWEUFINGUHUGGH...

Ok I'm done.

Ozz

MBTI Type
ISTJ
The sign is too clean and straight. it's been photoshopped in. The blurriness looks odd and is not realistic.

G

Ginkgo

The sign is too clean and straight. it's been photoshopped in. The blurriness looks odd and is not realistic.

How can you tell it's photoshopped? The lighting? The pixel size and consistency? Shadows?

Donna Cecilia

L'anima non dimora
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
The "For Sale" sign is bad Photoshop.

The OP´s pic is not a about real situation.

Donna Cecilia

L'anima non dimora
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
How can you tell it's photoshopped? The lighting? The pixel size and consistency? Shadows?

I posted almost the same thing so, I´ll tell you:

the sign´s size and texture, and its colours (too bright) speak for themselves.

Even if the photograph was taken with a teleobjective lens, it would never look like that.