• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Ni vs. Si comparative Ni TEST

musttry

MBTI Type
INFJ
For the sake of the experiment, Ni users post all your IMMEDIATE reactions to the following picture.

If you are an Si user, please post your reaction in the other thread prior to reading comments here.

musttry

MBTI Type
INFJ
This is a family who is following a the cookie-cutter middle class ambition.

They are feeling satisfied with the fact that they are fitting in.

The kid will probably stay here until he moves out to go to college.

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
Work before pleasure; wealth before warmth

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Aside from the fact that they're all holding each other, it doesn't gel with the fact that the boy and the father have nothing in common. I'm left wondering if he is his son. Maybe he's the stepfather. The picture itself does not look dark to me.

musttry

MBTI Type
INFJ
Aside from the fact that they're all holding each other, it doesn't gel with the fact that the boy and the father have nothing in common. I'm left wondering if he is his son. Maybe he's the stepfather. The picture itself does not look dark to me.

Good point Ne, not very affectionate.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
The house is yellow (I like yellow houses) and has pretty white window pane things (I like those, too).

It is nicely landscaped, but it looks like those steps aren't used regularly because there is a plant growing across them.

The mom and the boy are dressed nice in matching outfits. The man (dad?) doesn't match at all and looks (comparatively) like a slob.

They are looking at the house and considering buying it, which is why there is still a For Sale sign up.

musttry

MBTI Type
INFJ
They are looking at the house and considering buying it, which is why there is still a For Sale sign up.

That is a very good point! Kind of glossed over that fact.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Good point Ne, not very affectionate.

Ne is not very affectionate? Or the people.

I think the people look affectionate enough.
But either he's a mama's boy, or there's some really severe boundaries in that family.

The boy is dressed like his mother and has blonde hair, he's dressed up in the same style she is, while the father is relaxed and casual and dark-haired. That is not a typical pattern because (1) a boy typically wants to be relaxed and fun, not wearing dressing clothes on a typically nice day outside, esp pastels (!) and (2) he tends to want to emulate his dad instead, especially if the dad is fun and relaxed, and (3) the dad typically won't want his only son to not emulate him, he gets annoyed if his wife has "taken over his son," and (4) the mom is the centering force here that brings them together... or the separating force between man and son that keeps them apart, so... (5) not really sure how the weird pattern here fits in with a "happy" family.

The whole thing seems staged, it doesn't fit natural patterns.
It just doesn't look right.

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
You belong in the other thread!

But hey, it works cause to me that sounds quite SJish :).

If you're referring to my MBTI listing, I'd offer you the same advice.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Thought one: Family taking one last look at the house before they leave off towards their new home. Something may be wrong with that house. The new owners may be dissapointed.

Thought two: Family bought the house. But why would there be a 'for sale' sign in front of the picture of the family who already bought it. Or perhaps they didn't buy it yet. But they are in front of it as if.... hmmm this is hard.

Thought three: Why is this a picture of a house in front of a family in front of a 'for sale' sign. What's the purpose of the picture? Where was this picture used.

Thought four: That 'for sale' sign looks photoshopped onto the picture of a family in front of a house. I wonder what would be the purpose of someone doing that... Website advertising? magazine? ....

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
The advice is being considered.

In other words, you don't get what I'm saying. No worries. It's an Ni thread, after all.

I'm an INTJ. I just enjoy being hilarious.

Ha.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I guess Night is feeling introverted today. He was extroverted yesterday.

He would make a great addition to this picture! (Plus he's blonde and probably dresses a little more put-together, so he'd fit much better with this family than step/disenfranchised dad here...)

Can we photoshop Night from the back into this picture and start over?

musttry

MBTI Type
INFJ
Ne is not very affectionate? Or the people.
The people!

The boy is dressed like his mother and has blonde hair, he's dressed up in the same style she is, while the father is relaxed and casual and dark-haired. That is not a typical pattern because (1) a boy typically wants to be relaxed and fun, not wearing dressing clothes on a typically nice day outside, esp pastels (!) and (2) he tends to want to emulate his dad instead, especially if the dad is fun and relaxed, and (3) the dad typically won't want his only son to not emulate him, he gets annoyed if his wife has "taken over his son," and (4) the mom is the centering force here that brings them together... or the separating force between man and son that keeps them apart, so... (5) not really sure how the weird pattern here fits in with a "happy" family.
lol. Definitely a strong mother figure.

Maybe they are actually leaving the place. As it was mentioned before, it says "for sale".

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The house is yellow (I like yellow houses) and has pretty white window pane things (I like those, too).

It is nicely landscaped, but it looks like those steps aren't used regularly because there is a plant growing across them.

The mom and the boy are dressed nice in matching outfits. The man (dad?) doesn't match at all and looks (comparatively) like a slob.

hahha. Are you trying to be stereotypically S here? I would have thought those were "s" statements. But I know you're not S. Are you?

Serendipity

the Dark Prophet of Kualu
MBTI Type
RAD
As if that is possible to buy! Hahahaha.

Tragical, almost as if it is a warning sign. White borders, red background, white text. Are we really supposed to believe that this is healthy? I mean, c'mon!

Of course, it's rather viewed as the height of health so, the sign really is trying to say "this is what you've dreamed of and this is what is healthy." but I am wondering if hospitals(health care) really should be used in a picture like this.

I find it almost scary to look at.

Buy our dream. It's there for your pleasure. :)

Last edited: