• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Ni vs. Si comparative Ni TEST

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My first reaction- That sign was photoshopped in really obviously.

Then- That is that family's new house.

uumlau

Happy Dancer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
another family lost their home........

That was my immediate reaction.

I could see this picture as part of an advertisement, whether for mortgage services or for debt reconciliation.

The family is trying to sell their house. They don't look particularly happy to leave it. The arms around each other makes them look more forlorn than happy. If they were happy, they'd be smiling into the camera, and the For Sale sign would have a "SOLD" sticker on it.

It doesn't seem like a "real" picture. It's a picture designed to send a message, not a picture to depict something happening.

Andy

Supreme High Commander
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
It looks like a crapy, stereotyped ad.

Vasilisa

Symbolic Herald
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I also looked at it as if maybe they weren't prospective buyers, but people saying goodbye to the home because they are standing there so wistful. Prospective buyers wouldn't gaze in that formation, in my opinion. If they just bought it and the sign said SOLD, then it would follow. But I didn't make the leap to foreclosure. I just thought "poignant goodbye".

theadoor

*hmmms*
MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
8w9
This family is gonna be slaves of this house and bank for at least next 20 years. American Dream is nothing but a nightmare.

Lethe

Obsession.
MBTI Type
iNtJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
The American dream is for sale.

Yeah, pretty much. I'm just going to list a few things I noticed:

A.) Depicting a fresh, colorful and peaceful life.

1. Interesting choice of colors. Yellows, vibrant greens, and oranges. These are often associated with growth, health and revival.
  2. The parents don't seem to have a spot of gray in their hair either. Using youth to express longevity.
  3. The mother is standing in the middle, with her arms securely placed around each family member. Associating femininity with maternity: tenderness, care, dedication and support. Perhaps they purposely chose not to use the father as a main focus due to a subconscious connection with broken families.
  4. All 'typical' family members present. No single parenthood. No harsh living conditions.
  5. Used a very young child in place of an adolescence. It could indicate that a place like this is safe enough to raise an individual who is very vulnerable to the world. This will last until the kid at least grows up.
  6. All plants well-cared for. And there seems to be no lack of them around. Possible connection: lots of time for nurturing --- no fast-paced lifestyles, not abandoning things that require mindful attention to grow, enjoying the smaller & finer things in life.

B.) A "red" for-sale sign (that clearly contrasts with the background) could mean:

1. Alerting the viewer. Buy it now!
  2. This is something very important, vital to your health even. It needs attention. Red is often used for situations we can't postpone.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Maybe anyone with good Ni will recognize that this "test" is meaningless in terms of measuring functional usage.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Just another cocky (and inaccurate) entp remark. :yawn:

Would you mind explaining how this one-question test is actually going to do anything in terms of determining functional preferences?

Yeah, I get what it's supposed to do. Si-ers are supposed to say "GOSH THE STANDARD MEANING IS THAT THIS FAMILY IS SELLING THEIR HOUSE LOL" and the clearly superior Ni-ers are supposed to say, "Well it could mean that the family is for sale, or that the family doesn't own the house but enjoys gazing together at houses that are for sale, or..."

blah blah blah. It's one question in one situation that doesn't offer enough data (or even provide enough context) to say anything meaningful about Si vs. Ni preferences in real people.

How about Si-ers who have seen this kind of "test" before and already understand what it's supposed to do?

Just another illustration of the problem with one-size-fits-all type testing.

:yawn:

Uytuun

MBTI Type
nnnn
Yeah, I get what it's supposed to do. Si-ers are supposed to say "GOSH THE STANDARD MEANING IS THAT THIS FAMILY IS SELLING THEIR HOUSE LOL" and the clearly superior Ni-ers are supposed to say, "Well it could mean that the family is for sale, or that the family doesn't own the house but enjoys gazing together at houses that are for sale, or..."

*returns open mind and unbiassed point of view to you*

They said you'd lost it.

Or maybe they said you were losing it.

I can't quite remember.

Must be bad Si.

;)

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
For the sake of the experiment, Ni users post all your IMMEDIATE reactions to the following picture.

My immediate reaction is if you want immediate reactions, you're asking Se.

In other words, I got nothing. The colours are pretty.

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
For the sake of the experiment, Ni users post all your IMMEDIATE reactions to the following picture.

If you are an Si user, please post your reaction in the other thread prior to reading comments here.

poor bastards...(the evicted family staring longingly at their old house) :rofl1: :devil:

EDIT: I find my best Ni comments are spontaneous when watching commercials. "oh ya, ill just hand over ___ and ____ so you can sell me _____", but ___ will be the unexpected/hidden ideas/concepts.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
sorry, i didn't mean that to be inflammatory to entps. i should have said: "just another cocky (and inaccurate) sim remark. :yawn: :jerkoff:

Would you mind explaining how this one-question test is actually going to do anything in terms of determining functional preferences?