• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

the Form of the Inferior - ENPs

Shimmy

MBTI Type
SEXY
ENTPs in particular report very few sources of stress in their lives, and both types report a low incidence of heart disease and hypertension, ENTPs having the lowest incidence of all the types. This is in marked contrast to their opposite types, ISTJs and ISFJs.

Quite interesting, my dad is an ISTJ and he's on medication for high blood pressure and a low salt diet. I, on the hand, have been diagnosed with a blood pressure that is so low, it's barely in the healthy spectrum. I have fainted in the past by getting out of bed to quickly.

stalemate

Post-Humorously
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
The focus on the body stuff is scary accurate for me. I will immediately jump to some panic and picture myself dying about just the slightest little thing. I typed up a recent example but my browser just ate it. I'll be back later to elaborate, but this thread is fascinating to me and it makes me feel so much better to know I'm not alone.

stalemate

Post-Humorously
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Seriously, I just keep thinking about it. This thread has made my day.

Can I get a group hug in here?

:hug::hug::hug:

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
yeah i know. it had that effect on me too...just the other day i swore a bug flew in my ear and was bothered by it for a couple days...:/

stalemate

Post-Humorously
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Here is a recent example I had...

I've been sleeping in weird positions and having stress so I have this tension knot in my neck. Intellectually, I know exactly what it is. It comes and goes for a week or so at at time. But once in a while I reach back and feel it and I hit panic mode again even though I know there is no reason for the panic.

Last week my wife said she had a knot in her neck and needed a massage. I asked her what it felt like and I reached over and rubbed her neck. It felt just like my neck. I immediately felt this almost overwhelming sense of relief and embarrassment at the same time.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
yeah...i know what ya mean....ne paranoia. :blush:

Amethyst

¡MI TORTA!
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Jesus christ that's me to a T

guesswho

MBTI Type
ENTP
WOW. I am in the midst of it right now, and I can't really see any way out. I have almost zero interest in the what I usually love (trying new things, spending time with people, intense physical experiences, discussing new ideas). I try making these weird routines for myself and I feel a little better for a short while but then everything becomes a mess and I get really frustrated with myself for being so unfocused and disorganized. I have found myself in a similar thick hopeless cloud at other times in the past, but I can't even tell what got me out of it. Or can't remember. Or can hardly remember being any other way.

What else have you found helpful, ENFPs/ENTPs? Are you usually able to identify what is causing it? Do you try to change the situation or try to change yourself, or do you just let things run their course?

I have scheduled an appointment to talk things over with a counselor, although the soonest available is April 28th. And I am trying to force myself to do those things that usually give me energy and a sense of wholeness. I just don't know, though, because it seems to be a combination of two situations that I can't really control entirely (i.e. I could control my "attitude" or make superficial changes, but, for the time being, I'm somewhat stuck). Or maybe I just PERCEIVE that I cannot change anything. I don't even know...

Advice, pls.

I can totally relate to what you are saying. I have been like that for years.
Depression really sucks, and if you're ENTP/ENFP it sucks even more, because people just think you're happy all the time, carefree, which is just dumb.

I get remarks like how do you do that? How can you not worry?

When in fact I DO worry a lot, but only irrational things. Well lately (2 months) I haven't had any trouble, the depression is wearing off for good.

But it completely ruined my adolescence, because I was very optimistic, then depressed, then optimistic.. I really did not get it..how could that be unipolar depression?! All the ups and downs.

But it proved to be unipolar...I was just excited when I got out of the depression. I am 100% sure it was unipolar because you can't have more than 2 months of 'normality' when you're bipolar..and I've been depression free for about 65 days.

The thing is that sometimes I can get so excited about people and ideas that it's like I'm hipomanic. But I'm not. There's a reason I'm so excited, when you're hypomanic there's no reason. There's just stupid chemestry going off the grid.

Being an ENTP/ENFP can be a tricky thing, some may never find the true pleasure of their types...because they're trapped.

But.

I got this all with cognitive behavioral therapy... I understood myself, and more importantly why I'm like that.
Depression doesn't just happen...it's an entire mechanism.
Depression feels random but I can assure you in most cases it is NOT.
It's like the mind's pain, when something inside of you is terribly wrong...depression needs a lot of stuff in order to survive. In my case it needed OCD/Hypochondria..and some more irrational stupid fears/concepts.

But the biggest issue was the Obsession. Without the O, the whole thing collapsed. Now I am free. I am happy. I get excited.

It's like my adolescence continued till I got 21. In adolescence you find out who you are what you want, you build your life brick by brick, your concepts, everything. I didn't do that.

Once I did that I came back to normal.

I still worry, I still get obsessed sometimes about my health, small aches make me see myself very ill in the future, but the fears are IRRATIONAL, as long as I fight them, they will never control me.

I like my introverted moments, I can't actually be an extravert all the time.. I just don't have enough energy...I need to spend time within myself to find myself. But when I was a teen.. I was terrified by that.

Well anyway.
This reply is getting too long...and when it gets too long people just don't read it.

The conclusion is that a good therapist antidepressives and sport can fix you.
Though I don't really recommend pills...

Vamp

MBTI Type
ENFP
^^I read it! And thank you very much for posting it! :)

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
holy shit, this is accurate o_O;

i've had to learn to tone down body signals. i've always been praised by doctors in being able to describe exactly where/how much/what type of pain/sensation i'm having, but i have to make sure N doesn't run away with it and explode it into something it's not and create additional psychologically-based symptoms. one time i felt a swollen lymph node and thought it was neck cancer until i realized i was sick and had a swollen lymph node :rolleyes:

guesswho said:
I like my introverted moments, I can't actually be an extravert all the time.. I just don't have enough energy...I need to spend time within myself to find myself.

:yes: oh and your post was easy to read because you broke it up into little sections. i just can't read GIANT WALL OF TEXT

anyway, definitely. i really need my down time to re-center, and to re-energize. i also agree about being quiet and reserved, though sometimes it's very valuable in that i don't blurt out dumb things, or come across too strong. without social consideration, i'd just be out there often because i feel like it, but i think it's worthy to know when to use reservation and when it's fine to let go. but i have to keep check on time in my own head and use it to observe others, and not circulate my own ideas, which is very hard for me... the problem is, when i'm alone, i get veryyy self-absorbed. but when i'm out in the world and interacting, i'm much less like that - i'm actively intuiting, problem solving, etc. this is all probably why i thought i was an introvert.

An ENFP described becoming curt with people, insensitive, literal, logical, and critical, and being especially insensitive and pedantic about language and vocabulary.
yeah that'd be me in a bad mood. i can argue semantics like no other

anyway, i really want a new definition of extraversion. i'm going to go work on that. something like being more globally engaged when i'm focused outside of myself, or something. and more positive. if i've been outside of myself for a while, then recenter, my inner world is lovely. if i'm inside of myself for a long time, it becomes anxious and self-doubting. the more i extravert, the more sure of myself i am, even though i need alone time to process it all. does that resonate with anyone else?

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
An ENFP described becoming curt with people, insensitive, literal, logical, and critical, and being especially insensitive and pedantic about language and vocabulary.

Wait are you guys implying I've been an unhealthy ENFP all of my life?:cry:

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Wait are you guys implying I've been an unhealthy ENFP all of my life?:cry:

not to sunshine on your parade, but i think we get in this mode when we're around Thinkers too, maybe especially NT
i'm like that around my family all the time because otherwise they prey upon NF...

i think of NF as pegasus, pretty much
(NT is like a freaking shark: brilliant, precise, and liable to strike at any moment)

so pretty much snarky ENFP is like a really angry unicorn ready to gouge you with its horn. :rofl1:

stalemate

Post-Humorously
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
not to sunshine on your parade, but i think we get in this mode when we're around Thinkers too, maybe especially NT
i'm like that around my family all the time because otherwise they prey upon NF...

(NT is like a freaking shark: brilliant, precise, and liable to strike at any moment)

so pretty much snarky ENFP is like a really angry unicorn ready to gouge you with its horn. :rofl1:
I gouged an NT coworker last week over something trivial and stupid. I went at him hard because I recognized he was trying to use the same strawman pattern against me that he uses in meetings. This was about something non work related so I took the opportunity to make an example out of the encounter so that I can refer back to it later if I have to.

It took almost an hour of just pissing him off over and over and we were arguing about something that no one even really cares about. I felt bad about it, but I held strong the whole time. I actually still kind of feel bad about it.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ

Prey upon NF? I make every NT I meet, my bitch.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Prey upon NF? I make every NT I meet, my bitch.

lmao. teach me your ways, sensei. though i kind of run the show at home if the ESFJ's not around.

me said:

so i just want to point out that i'm freaking disturbed because i just google-imaged ENFP and came across this image:

bloodyUnicorn.jpg

and when i clicked on it discovered it had been posted on TypoC by an ENFP (Orobas) to describe an ENFP in a relationship with an NT on my freaking birthday of this year, in the NT Rationale, where i rarely, if ever, look, and the thread died way back in april, long before i even joined.

i think there is an ENFP collective consciousness. :worthy:

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
lmao. teach me your ways, sensei. though i kind of run the show at home if the ESFJ's not around.

Lolz, and ESFJ rules YOU?! It would be a cold day on Earth, at least in my case.

But I'll tell you my secret. Pick no sides. Even in cognition alone. It keeps everyone on their toes. Just when the NTs think you are an NT and that you understand them, you sweep their leg. And the same applies to NFs. It keeps things balanced and makes you a free card.

Yeah, I'm totally bullshitting......kiiiiiiiiinndaaaa....

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Lolz, and ESFJ rules YOU?! It would be a cold day on Earth, at least in my case.

But I'll tell you my secret. Pick no sides. Even in cognition alone. It keeps everyone on their toes. Just when the NTs think you are an NT and that you understand them, you sweep their leg. And the same applies to NFs. It keeps things balanced and makes you a free card.

Yeah, I'm totally bullshitting......kiiiiiiiiinndaaaa....

yeah, though i want her to be first in command, and me second. then i don't have to take responsibility but can still boss people around :D

lol stay a free card... interesting, i'll have to try that... though really what i need is an ENFJ to learn from, they totally run things without anyone even realizing it and suddenly they're in the highest position and giving you orders that you enjoy complying with. it's like... wtf

Santosha

MBTI Type
HUMR
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
Thank you for this little gem! Actually, this really clarified some things. I relate to almost all the negative qualities of inferior si.. especially the hypochondriac tendencies *embarassed* and feeling that all decisions muse be made with logic. Wow this was truly insightful.