• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

MBTI type of the ideal school student?

Aphex

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
If you were a school principal, what would be the MBTI type of your ideal student?

My choice is INTJ.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
probably ISFJ
obedient, kind, wouldn't cause any problems

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Nah, if you were INTJ, you'd question the system, and I dunno if a principal would want that. I'd say ESxJ. I knew an ESTJ in high school who was president of practically every single group he was a member of, and was also student body president, and I knew an ESFJ in high school who was the perfect pupil, president of some groups, won awards in every competition she took part in, and was one of the valedictorians.

Aphex

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Nah, if you were INTJ, you'd question the system, and I dunno if a principal would want that. I'd say ESxJ. I knew an ESTJ in high school who was president of practically every single group he was a member of, and was also student body president, and I knew an ESFJ in high school who was the perfect pupil, president of some groups, won awards in every competition she took part in, and was one of the valedictorians.

Which function that the INTJ possesses would make them question the system?

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
XXXX.

The ideal student has no identity.

Ingrid in grids

It would depend on the culture of the school. I think ISxJs would make good students. Our School Captain is ISFJ. Our Vice is INFJ (me). :)

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
Definitely a sufficiently smart ISFJ.

kiddykat

movin melodies
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4, 7
I'd like a mixture of all.. I think the ideal student would be.. unremorseful to be themselves..

Even if he/she is a trouble-maker, I think it would be cool to place them in a situation where he/she can exercise that energy into something more positive/helpful for the entire group.

Each student has his/her own strength that would color the classroom experience.

Reminds me of the book I read in elementary school: Sideways Stories From Wayside School. :)

Aphex

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Ideal in what sense?

I suppose it depends on the person, but me for personally, someone who:

-Strives for their personal best.
-Is determined and motivated.
-Is organised.
-Has a genuine interest in learning.
-Is punctual and committed in meeting their study, homework and assessment obligations.

edcoaching

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Research on hundreds of teachers shows...they want to teach students who share their preferences...

School leaders who tend to be TJs...tend to like ESTJs.

It also definitely depends on the school environment...which with kindergartens turning into factories with workbooks and testing, means the E's are going to be in the principal's office at younger and younger ages since developmentally sitting still really isn't going to help their learning...

R

Riva

No way INTJs. They are not the friendliest and are definitely not the most polite. Especially when pointing out mistakes. And mind you they see YOUR mistakes. Imagine all the students laughing at you and consider you to be inferior to them. OUCH!!!!

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
ESTJs at my school where not really the most coscentious types, plus they often didn't care that much about extra reading/learning abstract stuff.

kiddykat

movin melodies
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4, 7
Research on hundreds of teachers shows...they want to teach students who share their preferences...

School leaders who tend to be TJs...tend to like ESTJs.

It also definitely depends on the school environment...which with kindergartens turning into factories with workbooks and testing, means the E's are going to be in the principal's office at younger and younger ages since developmentally sitting still really isn't going to help their learning...
I wonder what the ideal teacher would be for each of us? Mine was actually someone who was atypical, who looked kinda prusdish, but was a fighter for a teacher. Looking at her you would've never guessed. She really had faith in her students, despite the low-income education. Her attitude rocked! I actually went back to my elementary school after all of these years to personally thank her, but she retired. Mrs. Stratton.. :hug:

It's the people who put themselves on the frontline everyday, who get paid so little, yet have so much passion that inspire me. I would imagine my ideal student being the same- those who keep on trying, despite their circumstances.

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I personally would like an equal mix of each type as being ideal if it was my ideal school.

Most schools, however, are not there to teach rather to indoctrinate (regardless if is conservative or liberal balderdash) and babysit.

Principals and school administrators don't want the ideal they want...a culture of sheep/doormats/group think. So I would say most principals (as well as generals and wardens) would want primarily ISxJs.