• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Your shadow

Jaguar

It's time for a reality check.
Let's take out the letters ESTJ and INFP from the quote and here is what you have:

Under extreme stress, fatigue or illness, characteristics are:
  • withdrawing and wanting to be alone
  • having intense emotions, that may or may not be expressed
  • being very sensitive to criticism
  • attributing unrealistic negative meaning to others actions or statements

The above could be said of any human being walking the earth.

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It's time for a reality check.
Let's take out the letters ESTJ and INFP from the quote and here is what you have:

Under extreme stress, fatigue or illness, characteristics are:
  • withdrawing and wanting to be alone
  • having intense emotions, that may or may not be expressed
  • being very sensitive to criticism
  • attributing unrealistic negative meaning to others actions or statements

The above could be said of any human being walking the earth.

quiet you! you might ruin the forer effect for everyone! Its bad enough you wrote that post on santa claus :cry:

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Often, hobbies reflect the shadow side for just this purpose. Intuitives take up counted cross stitch, growing orchids, building domino mazes to use Sensing. Sensing types decide they want to travel or take an adult ed course, or...my mother-in-law at age 60 joined community theater. Thinking types work on relationships or play pick-up basketball with a group of friends. Feeling types do Sudoku or read mysteries...

Thank you for your insight but just how does one's hobbies reflect on their shadow. Personally i think the above is just too ambiguous and speculative, for example -
I planted my podded peas in the garden the other weekend along with my mustard leafs, coriander, tomato plants etc to try and calm myself . I have tried cross stitching in the past but got bored (Again) so at present i am knitting a line, hopefully it will be a scarf one day (I'm kidding myself, I'll quit). I love to travel, see new sights etc and i love stimulating my brain so i am looking at taking a course in British Sign Language (Just because) and lastly Sudoku, it is on my work phone so i play it from time to time but only to keep my brain sharp and i promise i am not competitive with myself at all .. Me trying to beat my own time, lol.

At the end of the day, my hobbies are the things i enjoy be it to bring me some kind of inner peace, to exercise my mind or to visit beautiful sights.
Hmmm

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Thank you for your insight but just how does one's hobbies reflect on their shadow. Personally i think the above is just too ambiguous and speculative, for example -
I planted my podded peas in the garden the other weekend along with my mustard leafs, coriander, tomato plants etc to try and calm myself . I have tried cross stitching in the past but got bored (Again) so at present i am knitting a line, hopefully it will be a scarf one day (I'm kidding myself, I'll quit). I love to travel, see new sights etc and i love stimulating my brain so i am looking at taking a course in British Sign Language (Just because) and lastly Sudoku, it is on my work phone so i play it from time to time but only to keep my brain sharp and i promise i am not competitive with myself at all .. Me trying to beat my own time, lol.

At the end of the day, my hobbies are the things i enjoy be it to bring me some kind of inner peace, to exercise my mind or to visit beautiful sights.
Hmmm

you stilll sound ESFJ...just saying :)