• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Passion and Type

Kiddo

Furry Critter with Claws
MBTI Type
OMNi
For the purpose of this thread, passion is the emotion of feeling very strongly about a subject or person, mostly referring to feelings of intense desire and attraction.

What is your type?
What are you passionate about?
How strongly do you feel passion?
Is it easy for you to become passionate about something or does it take some time?
How quickly do you stop feeling passionate about something or do you remain passionate forever?
Are you passionate about a great number of things or just a few?
Are you more passionate about subjects/things or people?
Does sexual passion come easily to you?

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
What is your type? eNFJ

What are you passionate about? Brushing dirt off of diamonds.

How strongly do you feel passion? I'm a human torch.

Is it easy for you to become passionate about something or does it take some time? If it's something that resonates with me, ignition is immediate. If it takes time, then it's not a "passion" for me, it's homework.

How quickly do you stop feeling passionate about something or do you remain passionate forever? If not grossly violated in some way, it takes an eternity for me to cool down. I'm a loooong-termer. Once I attach, I'll love you/care about you until I die (and most likely well beyond that too, as death doesn't seem to end anything for me.)

Are you passionate about a great number of things or just a few? A few things strike me hardest.

Are you more passionate about subjects/things or people? No. People come first. People AND their subjects.

Does sexual passion come easily to you? No. I can see the appeal of many things, but as to passion, I'm very specialized i.e. I like certain kinds of men THAT MUCH and not any of the others. When I'm with someone who flips all the switches, then yes, it's easy.

OctaviaCaesar

MBTI Type
INFJ
I am an INFJ who has been passionate about God and my Roman Catholic faith all my life. I have often thought of myself as willing to be a martyr for my cause--in spite of how scary it would be, I would want to go that far for my beliefs.

Also, I am passionate about Classical Languages and history, foreign languages, and counseling/educating people. I have wanted to be a teacher since age 7 when I made little math problem books for a friend--who did them...she was so good to me!:blush:--and since last semester when I decided to go into Life Coaching I have been consumed with trying to help people grow and improve their lives.

These things remain as my abiding interests in life. People are always more important to me than everything but my faith, of course.

Varelse

Wait, what?
MBTI Type
INTJ
What is your type? INTP

What are you passionate about? Intellectual openess, some art.

How strongly do you feel passion? It's mostly an intellectual exercise. Sometimes a sense of annoyance. Not particularly strong, I suppose.

Is it easy for you to become passionate about something or does it take some time? Time, experience, and an understanding of the subject.

How quickly do you stop feeling passionate about something or do you remain passionate forever? here remains something there, but it doesn't show unless the subject comes up.

Are you passionate about a great number of things or just a few? A few.

Are you more passionate about subjects/things or people? Subjects. Things related to people in general, perhaps....

Does sexual passion come easily to you? Insufficient data for a meaningful answer.

quietgirl

MBTI Type
INFJ
For the purpose of this thread, passion is the emotion of feeling very strongly about a subject or person, mostly referring to feelings of intense desire and attraction.

What is your type?
Is it easy for you to become passionate about something or does it take some time?
How quickly do you stop feeling passionate about something or do you remain passionate forever?

1. INFJ
2. My opinions on social issues - I'm very passionate about issues that involve social injustice or where I strongly feel a person is being treated unfairly. I also have strong opinions on relationships & general ways people interact with one another. I tend to do things passionately - it's an all or nothing sort of thing for me.
3. VERY strongly if I am invested in the cause - whether it be human or social. However, if I am not emotionally invested in it then I feel not much at all. I am also stubborn about my opinion when I am passionate about something.
4. Basically, if I feel someone is being treated unfairly, my passion towards the cause is clicked on instantanously. As far as in personal relationships, it usually takes as long as it takes for that person to break down a couple walls & enter into my little circle of trust. ha.
5. I will instantly lose the passion if I feel I have been taken advantage of or if I feel a loss of integrity with a cause I am passionate about.
6. I am passionate about quite a few things.
7. The people component of a subject? Does that make sense?
8. Yes, once I trust the person I am intimate with. However, I can't just walk around passionately wanting strangers.

quietgirl

MBTI Type
INFJ
Also, I am passionate about Classical Languages and history, foreign languages, and counseling/educating people. I have wanted to be a teacher since age 7 when I made little math problem books for a friend--who did them...she was so good to me!:blush:--and since last semester when I decided to go into Life Coaching I have been consumed with trying to help people grow and improve their lives.

I feel the same passion for helping other people improve their lives. I think that's what draws me to human rights sort of causes. I want to help people being treated unfairly improve their quality of life & overcome their situations.

I am in the process of going back to school to be a teacher. It's fitting.

lecky

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What is your type? ISTJ

What are you passionate about? Injustices, rooting for the underdog, politics (particularly around election time), right vs. wrong, romantic interests

How strongly do you feel passion? I feel it strongly, so strongly that there have been times when I have refused to drop the subject and I continue ranting over and over about the same thing...repeating myself. I usually try to keep my feelings/opinions to myself but sometimes I stuff down so much I will erupt like a volcano...fun times.

Is it easy for you to become passionate about something or does it take some time? It depends on what I am passionate about...if it's regarding another person it may take some time, or it may not...sorry going to be really vague on this question...I don't know.

How quickly do you stop feeling passionate about something or do you remain passionate forever? It usually doesn't last long, I go through short bouts of feeling really strongly about certain things to feeling quite indifferent...like it's not worth the trouble, there is no point...nothing I can do.

Are you passionate about a great number of things or just a few? Just a few...can only handle one topic at a time, it can be exhausting.

Are you more passionate about subjects/things or people? People

Does sexual passion come easily to you? Yes, physical expression is much easier for me than articulating how I feel.

Sandy

MBTI Type
INFP
I'm very passionate about the causes I latch onto. Some would say that my passions takes over my life. It's hard for me to stop caring.

So far, most of the things that matter to me have lasted my lifetime.

When I love someone, I love them with everything that I have.

niffer

MBTI Type
ENfP
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
^ What she said :)

sassafrassquatch

What is your type?:
ISTP
What are you passionate about?:
Injustices.
How strongly do you feel passion?:
HULK SMASH!
Is it easy for you to become passionate about something or does it take some time?:
Like a light switch.
How quickly do you stop feeling passionate about something or do you remain passionate forever?:
I'm in the moment so I need constant stimulation to hold my attent... hey look at that...
Are you passionate about a great number of things or just a few?:
A few.
Are you more passionate about subjects/things or people?:
People
Does sexual passion come easily to you?:
Though I have yet to experience having my pelvis crushed by a woman's thighs in the throes of snoo-snoo, I'm gonna say yes.

ptgatsby

MBTI Type
ISTP

What is your type?

ISTP, or INTP depending on who you ask around here.

The cool stuff. The big projects... people hand me a cool idea and I feel compelled to make it happen. Almost nothing else gets me passionate more than a challenge.

It can be a game, it can be something arty, it can be sports/physical, it can be intellectual.

When it comes to the above, strong. All consumingly strong at times.

Instant, but it's not the "emotional passion", it's more like being posessed. I don't leap into it right away, but it does consume my thinking. When I get down to doing it, it's long hours that take precedence over anything... including eating.

Always temporary. Until it's built, or until I lose interest.

Just a few - normally one - and they are always serial.

About subjects and things, never people. I feel almost no emotion towards people at all.

No, not really.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
What is your type?

INFJ... probably.

Linguistic integrity, legal/social equality, preservation of information, technology, civility, individualism, freedom of the press, personal loyalties, and compassion/sympathy.

You're asking me to indicate degree... hmm. I guess medium-low to ardent depending on the issue. Never enough to risk self-harm over the issue, but in some cases strongly enough to sacrifice reputation or certain friendships in order to advocate my position on the things I'm passionate about.

If I see it as related to one of the things I listed above, I'm already passionate about it, and can be easily become passionate about any issue emanating from it. If it seems unrelated to my needs/interests, it would take a long time, if it happened at all.

If it always exists, I probably won't stop feeling passionate about it. If it passes away with no hope of returning, my passion/mourning for it withers fairly quickly (weeks/days).

Some would say quite a few.

Hmm... come to think of it, my opinion of a person can be greatly influenced by their position on a subject. It would be very hard for me to keep caring about someone if they acted against my interests. It's hard to say, I care a great deal about both. If they disagree with me, it will only be frustrating and may not affect my relationship with them if I'm only moderately passionate about it. If it's something I'm very passionate about, it means I'll probably be their enemy, although I may not act that way openly. I guess I'll have to say subjects.

arcticangel02

To the top of the world
MBTI Type
eNFP
What is your type?

ENFP

Various things at various times. It changes frequently.

Quite strongly - I obsess over my 'topic of the moment' while I'm passionate about it, and it can hold my attention for hours and hours straight. Without distraction.

In the long term - I get passionate about things lightning-fast. A few days is usually all it takes for me to encounter something for the first time to developing a full-blown obsession with it.

About as quickly as I get passionate about things, I lose interest and have no further desire to do anything related. How long the passion lasts is variable. I suspect the timeframe is getting shorter as I get older. Which is bad. My last couple of things have seemed to last a few months, maybe up to about six months. Not much longer.

Only one at a time, usually. On occasion I'll have two, but that's usually 'cause one is on the way out.

Well, the things I'm describing above were most certainly subjects/things, more than people (although people are involved, I guess), so, yeah. Although I get crushes a bit like that, too, so I will conclude both. But subjects are much more suitable for obsessions, really. I would imagine people get creeped out, quite understandably. I would, too.

I don't know.

alicia91

Basically just ditto to what Lecky said.

What is your type? - XSTJ (I think)

What are you passionate about? Social injustices, my family, my interests

How strongly do you feel passion? Often very strongly, but they are often short lived and exhausting

Is it easy for you to become passionate about something or does it take some time? It depends - both.

How quickly do you stop feeling passionate about something or do you remain passionate forever? Also depends. Somethings that are very personal would be something that I'm passionate about forever, but when it comes to causes or interests they can be short lived. For example I might head-up a committee to get something done, I'll work hard to get it done, when it's over...I'll probably move on to something else.

Usually just a few or one at a time if it's a 'cause.'

People, definately

Does sexual passion come easily to you? Yes!

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
What is your type?

ENTJ

Sports, some issues in politics and economics

I equate passion with feeling ecstatic when I remember the experiences I've had while engaging in the activity I am passionate about.

Black or White. Either I immediately become passionate, or I never will.

It might or might not fade over time, very slowly though.

Just a few. I don't believe you can be passionate about many things, otherwise it's not passion.

Probably about "things". I refer to the passion I may have for a girl as something different to the passion we're speaking about here.

Yeah.

Splittet

Wannabe genius
MBTI Type
INTJ
What is your type?
- INTJ

- Whatever interests me. At the moment I am maybe most passionate about the chess prodigy Magnus Carlsen and his efforts in the chess world cup. I am passionate about my two best friends, about some music, some films, and some TV series. And I am passionate about subjects like philosophy and psychology. As a nihilist, injustices doesn't really bother me.

- When I am passionate, I lose myself to it, and I often find it hard to talk about anything else. I guess I can become quite single-minded. It's like I don't have time to feel how I feel. :p

- It depends, but I can passionate about something fairly quickly.

- Usually I am not able to maintain the passion forever, but it can be pretty intense for maybe a couple of years, or just be a bit on and off.

- I don't know, you judge? That being said, I regard life as meaningless.

- I guess subjects/things, but I love my best friends very much, but don’t care too much about the rest.

- Not really, but at the moment the whole theme is depressing.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

What is your type?

INFJ. Or whatever you think my type is. :)

Birds, animals, everything in nature, environmental stewardship, photography/creativity, psychology, learning about myself and others, traveling, attempting to live life to the fullest...those are my passions.

I have lots of *opinions*/morals/views though on heaps of other topics -- and I equate those opinions/beliefs to strong feelings and values -- but I don't equate them to my passions per se. Passion to me is more something that consumes you..something that goes straight to your core and that makes you feel alive.
Something that IS your breath of life.

Strongly?

Passion..it would be either there or not.

Well....with the 'true' passions, they will always be with me (environmental/nature stuff, or various modes of creativity, or I believe everything in my list of passions). But sometimes I DO get temporary really caught up in an activity, and just the excitement and newness of it. For example, earlier in the year for about 3 months I got really into ballroom/latin dancing, but my passion dissipated once I realized that it was pretty cliquey and a lot of people weren't in it for the fun/enjoyment of it, they seemed to be in it just for the competitiveness; and that's when I lost my excitement about it.

Well, probably just the above key passions, with a lot of lesser interests/opinions thrown in the mix too.

Apparently things and subjects!

With a person I've made a really good connection with and see a potential future and have an emotional attachment with...most definitely yes.

Like others have mentioned, it doesn't come with just anybody though. It is highly focused on the person himself and my relationship with him.

JAVO

MBTI Type
eNTP
What is your type?
INTP

• Life and experiencing it, including the spiritual aspects
  • medical research
  • landscape photography
  • living simply and non-materialistically/avoiding consumerism
  • listening and learning from nature
  • hiking/lightweight backpacking/spending time in nature
  • wilderness survival

Very strongly, although slightly less intense and more detached as I get older.

Easy

It depends, but I can generally move on to something else quickly if reason indicates my passion is misdirected or futile.

A great number of things, but tend to focus on the top 3 or so.

Both

Yes

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
What is your type? ISTP...ish
What are you passionate about? Unfairness. People I care about. Applying science and logic to daily life.
How strongly do you feel passion? Depends on the situation.
Is it easy for you to become passionate about something or does it take some time? Much time, for people. Pretty much instant for issues/ideas/things.
How quickly do you stop feeling passionate about something or do you remain passionate forever? it takes a long, long time. Months/years.
Are you passionate about a great number of things or just a few? very few
Are you more passionate about subjects/things or people? In numbers, things. In intensity, people by a long shot.
Does sexual passion come easily to you? Yes (though it is rarely externally expressed)