• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Let's end the Fe/Ti - Fi/Te wars once and for all...

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Yes that correct..bit of a typo to make sure all of you were on your toes...to illustrate the differance that I have with the OP...Ne with Ti and Fe is the most genteel. Those with Ni are just as half types.

Oh I see. You're pulling rank. Just like those ENTP brothers of yours. ;)

Ouch, you caught my eye with that chopstick.;)

Yes, we Fi/Te low-context culture folks can be barbaric like that. :angry:

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Me too horney to Type...

Edit: Seriously I thought that it was more of a P/J thing than a Ti/Fe vs Te/Fi thang

No, you can pretty consistently see TPs aligning with FJs and TJs aligning with FPs.

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
INTJs are one of my favorite types but they always seemed a little more harsh and I always thought my own type a bit more genteel same with the ENTJs who were the least refined of the rationals.

'scuse me...

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
'scuse me...

I mean the most barbaric and unrefined. Like those South American tribes where everyone cruises around with a shotgun, speaks harshly but then just as easily gets their feeling hurt...its all fun and games until someone loses an eye.;)

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I mean the most barbaric and unrefined. Like those Southeastern American tribes klans where everyone cruises around with a shotgun, speaks harshly but then just as easily gets their feeling hurt...its all fun and games until someone loses an eye.;)

Fixed.

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
^That would kinda be a trippy twist of on Greatest Warrior TV show. The greatest sociopaths. Pick to groups of psychos and see who wins. My bet would be the group with the most ENFPs. They be crazy as well as unrefined. :)

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
I'm gonna mull this over more but I think we're working with very different definitions or understandings of type functions.

I come from a high-context culture and I think the idea that ENFPs are low context (need everything explicitly explained?) and ENTPs are high context (need little explained) doesn't make sense to me - given the anthropological definitions given, it makes it seem that ENTPs would thrive in a high context culture and ENFPs wouldn't... Totally not the case.

And basically regardless of the high context or low context culture, all types are acculturated to it. Foreigners and visitors by virtue of being an "out group" of birth of have a harder time being accepted and functioning within a high context culture (example: Japan) but I think for people who are born and raised in that culture, you get it by being around it, regardless of your type.

Also, in a high context society it's more conformity and how much you personally care about understanding and being part of the 'ingroup' that determines how you get along. I don't think conforming to the group or getting along well with an ingroup is necessarily at the top of an ENTP's list.

If anything from peripheral observation and experience young ENTPs before they develop strong Fe are abrasive, bulldoze people and ideas, and can be overall unpleasant - particularly the males - precisely because they do NOT fall in line with the "local culture" or care to learn about common culture and enjoy mocking things they don't understand or agree with kinda like the way an ESTP may thumb their nose at something they think is dumb --> This will get your ass kicked or at least shunned or at least make you lots of enemies in a high context society.

Also, as an Fi dom, I am a context aware person - it's Ne, not Fe or Fi which primarily makes people aware of context. Or may you could say Ne gathers the environment and it's Te/Ti/Fe/Fi is the lense through which context is understood and our place in the context determined...

I have purposely avoided a lot of the "Fi/ENTP/ENFP" threads so maybe I'm missing a lot of context (harhar) about but I'm not getting your 'high context/low context' analogies or how you ranked the types in terms of those anthropological definitions.

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
Ti-types don't mind thumbing their noses at convention because, well, we like getting into fights. It's fun.

As we get older and actually want to do something with ourselves, we don't mind it so much anymore.

Besides, you have to know the rules to know how to most flagrantly violate them.

TopherRed

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
That's it! I'm moving to Canada and staring a cult.

The Outsider

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
+1 :)

p.s. Are we at war?

HOLD THE LINE!

800pxkirrahespeechenthu.png

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
Agent Smith: "Is it over?"

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOygEGq08tA"]The War Continues.....[/YOUTUBE]

Nope.

cacaia

MBTI Type
NF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
You know, I'm starting to think people use Fi and Fe equally. I, for one, cannot decide which one I prefer, though the actual "instrument" says I use Fe.
I don't really think that's 100 percent accurate. I'm so sick of trying to figure out which one I actually use most. I saw a bunch of other people equally confused, and feel I should have read all the "Fe vs Fi" threads before starting one of my own LOL