• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

MBTI type of the stereotypical stoner?

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i miss my babies :(

Crystal_ball_by_Tomess.jpg

wow...amazing photograph :)

You

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
7w8
I used to love this stuff... It was like giving my Ne steriods I swear everything seemed possible and wonderful. Every situation was enhanced by the explosion of my perception. Now I only get super paranoid... Its like i get stuck in Si mode, which is anything but confortable. My Ne and Fi are really hard to access, too. The only thing that saves me from completely freaking out is my well grounded Te. I dont know if any other ENFP's have had similar experiences.
From the rare times I do it, I only seem to enjoy it alone... Thinking of giving it up all together.

I know exactly what you're talking about. I took a break after a bad experience, but I think ill take it back up for this school year.

KDude

I have extensive academic experience in this.

SPs and NPs dominate the weed scene. With the T/F split, there seems to be a bit more feelers, but not by much. Slightly more Es than Is, there is a certain gregariousness with hippies/stoners. But really, all the cognitive functions can be stimulated by pot.

Types most likely to not be in a blunt passing circle: INFJ, ISTJ
Type most likely to call the police on that blunt passing circle: ESTJ. The Universal Nark.

I've corrupted several ESTJs. I moved on in my late teens though, and they became bigger stoners than I ever was, buying and selling by the pounds, and then after that, one started growing it in his attic (rather well, I might add). It took them awhile to move past it.

R

ReflecTcelfeR

I have been told that I look stoned, chalk one another up for INTP.

CrystalViolet

lab rat extraordinaire
MBTI Type
XNFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
*Snort* I've been known to inbibe. Usually with my ISFP BFF. When I was at Uni, every body thought I was stoner, when I wasn't.

redacted

Well, my core stoner group of friends has me, an ISFJ (the most consistent and least likely to stop), an ISTJ, two ENTPs (maybe three if I'm one), and an INTJ.

The biggest stoner I know is an ESTP, and a close second is an ENFP.

So basically, any type.

Stereotypical, though? I'd guess some sort of SFJ.

Edit: come to think of it, I might be able to think of someone of each type that has smoked every day for at least a year period....

Second edit: can't come up with an INFJ at the moment, but have a concrete example in my head for the other 15 types. I only know one INFJ, though (I think).

Third edit: I did live in Berkeley...and can probably think of 50 people that have smoked at least every day for a year.

Last edited:

Wonkavision

Retired Member
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
Well, my core stoner group of friends has me, an ISFJ (the most consistent and least likely to stop), an ISTJ, two ENTPs (maybe three if I'm one), and an INTJ.

The biggest stoner I know is an ESTP, and a close second is an ENFP.

So basically, any type.

Stereotypical, though? I'd guess some sort of SFJ.

Wait--

Am I reading this right?

Are you saying your guess for most stereotypical stoner is some sort of SFJ?

I must be misunderstanding because I doubt that that jives with ANYONE ELSE's sense of what a "stoner" or an "SFJ" is like.

redacted

Wait--

Am I reading this right?

Are you saying your guess for most stereotypical stoner is some sort of SFJ?

I must be misunderstanding because I doubt that that jives with ANYONE ELSE's sense of what a "stoner" or an "SFJ" is like.

Yeah but most people have no idea how to think about types.

I guess ISFP may work too....

I dunno, if you were to meet my ISFJ stoner friend, you'd probably think he was one of the most stereotypical stoners ever.

Plus, IJs are much more consistent with their activities than other types.

Edit: I probably also define stereotypical stoner differently because I know so many.

KDude

I know SFJs who are stoners too (one definite ESFJ was at least). Also ecstasy freaks, who transformed into sweet soccer moms. I am surprised by nothing.

Patches

Klingon Warrior Princess
Eh. I suppose it would depend how you want to define "stoner". I would define that as someone who smokes on a daily or near-daily basis. But I myself have been referred to as a stoner before, which means some people apparently draw that line much more quickly.

I tend to go in cycles in which I'll spend several months never smoking once, and then spend a month or two smoking 3-4 times a week. I'm rather discrete about it though. I don't smoke with people. I don't tell them I'm high. Most people who know me aren't aware of it, even if they've spoken to me while high. I dislike the people who wear it on their sleeve like it's some kind of badge of awesomeness.

I bet every type is nearly equally likely to smoke, but the 'way' in which they go about it differs. How discrete they are, how they act while stoned, etc etc.

redacted

Eh. I suppose it would depend how you want to define "stoner". I would define that as someone who smokes on a daily or near-daily basis. But I myself have been referred to as a stoner before, which means some people apparently draw that line much more quickly.

I tend to go in cycles in which I'll spend several months never smoking once, and then spend a month or two smoking 3-4 times a week. I'm rather discrete about it though. I don't smoke with people. I don't tell them I'm high. Most people who know me aren't aware of it, even if they've spoken to me while high. I dislike the people who wear it on their sleeve like it's some kind of badge of awesomeness.

I bet every type is nearly equally likely to smoke, but the 'way' in which they go about it differs. How discrete they are, how they act while stoned, etc etc.

Great post.

Walking Tourist

it's tea time!
MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
Nope, not a stoner. I tried it a few times... two or three maybe. It had no effect on me. I considered it to be a wasted effort. Plus it smelled nasty. I can't enjoy something that smells that terrible. The only exception that I'll make for stinky stuff is limburger cheese.
I hope that I'm not ejected from the isfp club for saying no to icky, smelly funny cigarettes...:shrug::blush:

redacted

Nope, not a stoner. I tried it a few times... two or three maybe. It had no effect on me. I considered it to be a wasted effort. Plus it smelled nasty. I can't enjoy something that smells that terrible. The only exception that I'll make for stinky stuff is limburger cheese.
I hope that I'm not ejected from the isfp club for saying no to icky, smelly funny cigarettes...:shrug::blush:

You didn't try hard enough.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Nope, not a stoner. I tried it a few times... two or three maybe. It had no effect on me.

i think it was my third or fourth time when i actually noticed that i was high. before that i only noticed things like candy tastes good and we were listening some slipknot song and it sounded that one part of the song came two times. the nicotine from the tobacco that we used to mix the hash with had bigger effect on me those times..

rowingineden

MBTI Type
iNfp
Enneagram
9w1
Most of my stoner friends IRL are ExFP, but most of my friends at all are ENFP, lol. My general sense is that INFPs, ENFPs, and INTPs are the most likely stoners. I have not enjoyed marijuana yet at this point in time... but I intend to. :hifive:

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
NFPs have a magical sub-atomic hostility radar. I don't get it either, man, but it's probably better to just let it go and not question it.

:laugh: yeah that's true. if even one person in the room is slightly ticked off, then we know it.

anyway, this thread is funny.

the "stereotypical" stoner i think of as IxxP.

the biggest stoner i know IRL is ESTP.

me myself... haha i find smoking to be pretty unappealing. no offense and glad if yall enjoy it, but i really can't bring myself to inhale smoke. even cloves, which i like the smell of.

Stevo

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6

Interesting. I tend to only smoke with other people. It's purely a social thing for me. I smoke about once a week, twice if it's an especially busy weekend, and I'm not very good at hiding the fact that I'm pretty high. Then again, I tend not to speak much, or at least I haven't been speaking much the past couple times. People usually don't try to engage me in conversation, however, although when they do I'm not very good at carrying one. I usually forget what I'm about to say and then give up and retreat back to my thoughts. One way to get me to talk is to show me a movie. If you do when I'm high, I tend to point out every single little logical inconsistency and detail I find implausible, no matter how tiny. I remember one time I absolutely tore the classic Disney version of Robin Hood apart. That is, until I got bored and hungry and wandered off to find something to eat.

ZPowers

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I smoke sometimes, but am really pretty moderate about it. The biggest stoner I know (that is to say, smokes the most) is ISFP. He's also probably tyhe biggest gamer I know. My ISTP roommate freshman year was/is also pretty into weed. Put me down for ISxPs.