• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Burning Man and MBTI Temperament

Jaguar

· ENFP
· INFP
· ENFJ
· INFJ
· ESTJ
· ISTJ
· ESFJ
· ISFJ
· ENTP
· INTP
· ENTJ
· INTJ
· ESTP
· ISTP
· ESFP
· ISFP

Stanton Moore

morose bourgeoisie
MBTI Type
INFP
It's mostly people who believe in the spirituality that can be acheived through taking extasy and GHB, and eating sand...I have no idea which type that describes!

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
· ENFP
· INFP
· ENFJ
· INFJ
· ESTJ
· ISTJ
· ESFJ
· ISFJ
· ENTP
· INTP
· ENTJ
· INTJ
· ESTP
· ISTP
· ESFP
· ISFP

Exactly, in that order too, I might add. :coffee:

edcoaching

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Did anyone watch the film clip? I thought it was fascinating as he described WHAT the different temperaments do in that self-organizing environment (i'm not telling, check it out for yourself.)

edcoaching

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
It's mostly people who believe in the spirituality that can be acheived through taking extasy and GHB, and eating sand...I have no idea which type that describes!

I actually have several friends who have gone and that's not what they do there...

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Did anyone watch the film clip? I thought it was fascinating as he described WHAT the different temperaments do in that self-organizing environment (i'm not telling, check it out for yourself.)

I watched about half of it. The audio quality sucks, and I hate straining to listen to things, but I got the gist of what he was saying. It was interesting in a topical way, if generalizing is what you are after.

His chorts of building the city were:
(1) SPs first
(2) NTs second
(3) NFs third
(4) SJs last

In reality, the 4 waves of people would be mixed. :D

I am of the belief that it takes a good case mix of people, a fair amount of diversity of thought, to do any significant endeavor well.

But I understand his example, and they were useful to hear in that context.

I actually have several friends who have gone and that's not what they do there...

Haa Haa, the response was funny though. :newwink:
It's not safe to mix MDMA with sand, I hope no one does that. :laugh:

Jaguar

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
There is no order.
All I did was copy+paste all 16 types.
Asking what type would go, defeats the entire purpose of the event itself.

Dude! I was joking! :rofl1:

It's basically an event with a goal of fostering growth and transformation through the power of creativity.

Nothing wrong with that!

It's certainly better than having an event encouraging the use of MBTI.

Yeah, that would get old quick.

edcoaching

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Um...maybe I should start this thread over...

What I thought would be interesting is whether people with different temperaments would agree/disagree with the way the speaker (an NT) sees them engaging in Burning Man.

As for type gatherings--they are never about how to get people to use the MBTI, they're about how to make constructive use of differences via the theory. And they aren't Burning Man, but you don't have to scrape the sand out of every belonging you brought afterward either...alcohol consumption is probably on a par but less ecstacy...