• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What other type would you want to be?

If you had to change your type, what other type would you be?

• Total voters

nightwatcher

MBTI Type
INXJ
Why, ENTP of course. Like my buddy James Tiberius Kirk. I almost picked ISTJ just because no one else did. How come no one wants to be an ISTJ?

Colors

The Destroyer
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I picked ENFJ today. Maybe this speaks to my self esteem to choose my opposite type? I think it would just be nice to try out a different skin at some point. I want to be charming/manipulative (Fe) for once! I want to get out of my head (E)! Be more decisive (J). The grass is greener on the other side, right?

In another mood, I might choose to be an ENTP (creative, playful) or an ISFP (reflective but channeling that energy).

On the other hand, it's so alien to imagine being another personality type in for the long haul. I'll probably scarcely be the same person.

? said:
I am saying that this topic has come up more than once by intuitives and I never get why you want to be something else.

MBTI is about preferences, so if you prefer to be something then that is what you are under this system. If you determine that you are a type, are you saying that you now prefer to be something else or are you simply saying I need to work on a certain function?

When I am home and at peace, I would not want to be anything other than what I am. It's comfortable. If I have to turn on the charm in public or do something that calls for utilization of another function (more importantly a function that is foreign to me) then I don't wish to be a type that uses that dominant function. I realize that I can achieve only so much, and as Lenore Thomson reminds us, we cannot be proficient in using our weaker functions therefore it's futile to work on them since at best our development will appear infantile.

I get what you're saying, but I'm not sure it's necessarily the dissatisfaction with self that speaks to the N/S divide... Maybe it's like Ns are more likely to entertain the notion of changing their personalities, while Ss are more of the "type doesn't change, so therefore it's useless to ponder about it" and the work-with-what's-real-and-useful mindset?

FallsPioneer

MBTI Type
INTJ
I kind of took a while with this, then I went with ENFJ. This type seems like it compensates enough for the INTJ shortcomings...without too radical of a change. I notice I have a bit of the "manipulator" thing in me that is usually identified with ENFJ's too.

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
I picked ENTP.
They have more energy than the INTP.
Wasn't surprised to see that it has the most votes.

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I picked INFJ
because Fe doesn't allow me to be my out-spoken self

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
ISTP or ISFP.

They look like they're enjoying themselves.

We are. :D

I chose ESFP. If I was more comfortable in crowds, I would RULE THE WORLD. So, just the extroverted version of myself. ;)

MBTI Type
ENTP
I would prefer to be an ESTJ sometimes... they're so inflexible... pick something and stick with it to the end... I can't stick with anything...

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
Haha wow, NO ONE selected ISTJ. It's a pity, because you are missing out.

G

garbage

ESTP. If there were one thing I'd like to change about myself, it's my need to know how the future will unfold and thus ignoring the qualities of the present moment in the process. That, and I'm such a hardline intuitive that I have trouble with S-oriented conversations and spontaneity.

Siegfried

MBTI Type
?
ESTP. If there were one thing I'd like to change about myself, it's my need to know how the future will unfold and thus ignoring the qualities of the present moment in the process. That, and I'm such a hardline intuitive that I have trouble with S-oriented conversations and spontaneity.

I have similar issues with sensing, having too much intuition can be a problem. If I was another type I'd either be INTJ or ISTP, if I could. In terms of extroverts, ENTJ or ENFJ.

Last edited:

Simplexity

MBTI Type
INTP
ENTP or INTJ. From my stance they each offer something in their perspective that I really value and admire. Offer another approach to handling things that is more agreeable with the essence of my nature. They don't really act or consider things in a way that is completely radical or incomprehensible from my nature as an INTP. I might not think it's valid but it can be considered as an alternative most times imho.

D'Artagnan

MBTI Type
ENTP
INFJ or ENFP. I dig being ENTP but there's something about Fi that seems wicked cool :worthy: Then I could travel through time or read minds or whatever it lets you do... Nothing personal against SFs but I don't think I could give up Ne, its the bee's knees! In the end went for INFJ; they seem to right most of the time

Ne = :run: :happy2: :huh: repeat

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
INFJ or ENFP. I dig being ENTP but there's something about Fi that seems wicked cool :worthy: Then I could travel through time or read minds or whatever it lets you do... Nothing personal against SFs but I don't think I could give up Ne, its the bee's knees! In the end went for INFJ; they seem to right most of the time

Ne = :run: :happy2: :huh: repeat

INFJ's aren't Ne dominant, they are Ni dominant :)