• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

MBTI and Cognitive Functions

chris1207

MBTI Type
XNXX
Enneagram
3w2
extraverted Sensing (Se) ****************************** (30.4)
good use

introverted Sensing (Si) ************************* (25.6)
average use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ***** (5.2)
unused
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ************************************* (37.6)
excellent use

extraverted Thinking (Te) ************************** (26.4)
average use
introverted Thinking (Ti) ************************************ (36.4)
excellent use

extraverted Feeling (Fe) ******************************************** (44.8)
excellent use
introverted Feeling (Fi) ********************************** (34.2)
good use

I think my Ti is rated higher because I've had to develop it as a result of societal expectations. Also, my dad is ISTX. Another reason may be that sometimes we fight admitting that we have weaknesses. As a result, perhaps I'm trying to compensate on that test.

Notice that my presumed dominant, auxiliary and tertiary functions are stilted 7 or 8 points from one another.

I couldn't help but play around and hope to make a visualization of what it means to be ENFJ. This is how I perceive a mature ENFJ to be.

The shadow functions are ignored. Each of the functions is bolded and underlined indicating that they are ideals that one strives to express. The second, more fleshed out example of the dominant and auxiliary are bolded citing their strength and the sense of preference. The tertiary and inferior are italicized noting the opposite. Finally the inferior is put in parentheses to indicate it's absence much of the time.

One might ask why an "ideal" of any type wouldn't always have a more realized inferior function that is always present. I'm not sure if I think that to be the case in even the most developed of individuals. A convergence of what is intuitively ideal and what is practical.

extraverted Feeling (Fe)

Honor others' needs and preferences.

Connect with people by sharing values and taking on their needs as yours.

introverted Intuiting (Ni)

Receive "ah-ha" insights and realizations.

Persue a greater level of awareness to transform who you are and how you think.

extraverted Sensing (Se)

Notice sensory data in the environment.

Trust your instincts and take action relevant to the moment and current context.

introverted Thinking (Ti)

Adhere to definitions and impersonal principles.

(Analyze a problem using a framework, and find an angle or leverage by which to solve it.)