• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

A Refuge or a Trap?

S

Sniffles

[youtube="DNT7uZf7lew"]victor and friends[/youtube]
awesome_face___HD_by_ConnorJones2610.png

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
Freaks.

MBTT allows that your dismissal of it as valuable is justified. And it's not a quaint pat-on-the-head allowance either. It's an allowance that the dismissal is JUSTIFIED by placing other true priorities higher.

But, generally speaking, go suck your priorities. No matter how superior those priorities are for you, they don't rub out all other priorities.

And no, this argument does not serve to make all priorities equally worthless. It instead serves to open up for discussion where and when which priorities will and should take precedence for groups and individuals working together and alone.

And that, you drooling mono-perspectivists, is what MBTI is good for.

Jaguar

Can you bang that MBTI drum any louder?
I don't think the people in Vancouver heard you.

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
That drum was not simply banged. A reason for banging it was given too.

And if the opposition to MBTT is merely that it is not true... have you any idea how few things are true? And I don't refer to things you believe or even things you have proof for. I refer to things that are true, things for which you are not the measure and yet they obtain anyway.

Interpretations are true (and false). Yet interpretations succumb to priorities. And priorities truly exist.

And one man's priorities are the best tool for interpreting another man's priorities? Answer: sometimes yes and sometimes no.

Interpretations rule. Get a true one.

Jaguar

I don't want to work
I want to bang on the drum all day
I don't want to play
I just want to bang on the drum all day

Ever since I was a tiny boy
I don't want no candy
I don't need no toy
I took a stick and an old coffee can
I bang on that thing til I got
Blisters on my hand because

I don't want to work
Yes, I do
I don't want to play
That's right

When I get older they think I'm a fool
The teacher told me I should stay after school
She caught me pounding on the desk with my hands
But my licks was so hot
I made the teacher wanna dance
And that's why

I don't want to work
Hey, why not?
I don't want to play

G

Ginkgo

We have a public art program in Canberra and whenever I go out I see these extraordinary sculptures throughout Canberra.

And not only is our public art high quality but it is high art. And so we get the standard low criticism from the low brow.

Fortunately Canberrans are well educated and high art lifts our spirits as we progress into the electric future, called the noosphere, leaving the low brows behind in the literate and literal past.

It's our money and we spend it on high art, lifting the whole city, and surprising and delighting large numbers of visitors every day.

Hey, well what do you know? You have doodoo art!

south_australia.1193122080.sculptures-x-the-national-gallery.jpg

Fancy that! :rofl1: ... Oh, I digress. Those are pears...

c6bdeb97-d0eb-4822-b469-12876635ea8d.jpg

AWESOME.