• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Name that Type

Littlelostnf

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Perhaps this should go in the NF section but I really would like to have everyone try this. Below I've reworked descriptions for the four types of Idealists. I've tried to take out all info that would immediately peg one type or the other (such as the order of their cog functions) etc....

See if you can correctly name the four types of Idealists based on the descriptions below.

????
1. The physical world, is this type's primary source of information. Rather than sensing things as they are, their intuition is sensitive to things as they could be. This type of intuitive is most adept with patterns and connections. Their natural inclination is toward relationships, especially among people or living things. Intuition leans on feeling for meaning and focus. Its best patterns reflect the interesting points of people, giving rise to
caricatures of manner, speech and expression. Their feeling is nonverbally implied more often than it is openly expressed. When expressed, this logic has an aura of romance and purity that may seem out of place in this flawed, imperfect world. In its own defense, feeling judgement frequently and fleetly gives way to humor. People of this type who publicize their feelings too often may put off some of the crowd of friends
they have. Sensing resides where reality is reduced to symbols and icons--ideas representing essences of external realities. Under the influence of the ever-present intuition, this type's sensory perceptions are in danger of being replaced by hypothetical data
consistent with pattern and paradigm. When it is protected and nourished, this sensing provides information about the fixed. From such firm anchoring this type are best equipped to launch into thousands of plausibilities and curiosities yet to be imagined. Perhaps the combination of the kind of feeling and childlike sensing is responsible for the silent pull of this type to the wishes of parents, authority figures and friends. Or perhaps it's the predominance of this kind of intuition in combination with the ambiguity of feeling and thinking that induces these kind souls to capitulate even life-affecting decisions. Whatever
the dynamic, this type are strongly influenced by the opinions of their friends.
Thinking, for this type is the process which runs to impersonal conclusions. Used on an occasional basis, they may benefit greatly from this ability. Less mature and lacking the polish of the other functions, Thinking is not well suited to be used as a prominent function. As with others of this type, this type unwary of Thinking's limitations may find
themselves most positively mistaken.

????
2. This type enjoys a great clarity of perception of inner, unconscious processes. Just as SP types commune with the object and "live in the here and now" of the physical world, this type readily grasps the hidden psychological stimuli behind the more observable dynamics of behavior and affect. They have amazing abilities to deduce the inner workings of the mind, will and emotions of others. Unlike the confining, routinizing nature of another type of sensing, what this type has frees them to act insightfully and spontaneously as unique solutions arise on an event by event basis.
They are able to expresses a range of emotion and opinions of, for and about people. This type like many others with the last two letters of this type, find themselves caught between the desire to express their wealth of feelings and conclusions about the actions and attitudes of others, and the awareness of the consequences of unbridled candor. Some vent the attending emotions in private, to trusted allies. Such confidants are chosen with care, for this type are well aware of the treachery that can reside in the hearts of mortals. This particular combination of functions provides this type with the raw material which allow them to be quite perceptive. This type's thinking is turned toward the subject. Perhaps it is when their thinking function is operative that
they are most aloof. A comrade might surmise that such detachment signals a disillusionment, that she has also been found lacking by the sardonic eye of this one who plumbs the depths of the human spirit. Experience suggests that such distancing is merely an indication that they are hard at work and focusing energy into this function. This type is twice blessed with clarity of vision. Just as they possess a vision which is drawn to the forms of the unconscious, they also have a perception which readily takes hold of worldly objects, however, is the weakest of this type's arsenal and the most vulnerable. Like their fellow intuitives, they may be so absorbed in intuitive perceiving that they become oblivious to physical reality. Under stress may fall prey to various forms of immediate gratification. Many yearn to live spontaneously; it's not uncommon for this type of actor to take on an SP role.
????
3. The dynamic nature of their intuition moves them from one project to another with the assurance that the next one will be perfect, or much more nearly so than the last. This type is continually looking for newer and better solutions to benefit others. In the sway of this rational feeling function, these type is predisposed to closure in matters pertaining to people, and especially on behalf of their beloved. Although their contacts are wide ranging and Face-to-face relationships are intense, personable and warm, These may be so infrequently achieved that intimate friendships are rare. Thinking often appears only when summoned by feeling. At times only in jest, but in earnest if need be, Thinking entertains as logical only those conclusions which support Feeling's values. Other scenarios can be shown invalid or at best significantly inferior. This type ofThinking is frequently the focus of the spiritual quest of this type. The essences of this type of thinking are the mysteries of Deity for which this type of Feeler searches. This type through their type of intuition experiences clarity of perception in the inner, unconscious world. Their feeling prefers to find the silver lining in even the most beggarly perceptions of those in their circle of friends and,of course, in themselves. Sensing in this type means they can manage details, particularly those necessary to implement the vision. The data can have, however, a magical flexible quality. This wavering of sensory perception is made possible by the placewith which the function is endowed.
????
4. This types intuition greets the world. What the observer usually sees is creativity with implied good will. Intuition spawns this type's philosophical bent and strengthens pattern perception. It combines with the type of feeling this type employes and gives rise to unusual skill in both character development and fluency with language-a sound basis for the development of literary facility. This type are would be verbal artists. Sensing for this type gives them a natural inclination toward absent-mindedness and other-worldliness, however, feeling's strong people awareness provides a balancing, mitigating effect. This type of sensing is somewhat categorical, a subdued version of SJ sensing, however, it is easily overridden by the stronger functions. This type lives primarily in a rich world of feeling. They have a natural attraction toward essence and ideal. The feeling, receiving its data from this type of intuition, must be the source of the quixotic nature of this type. Feeling is caught in the approach-avoidance bind between concern both for people and for All Creatures Great and Small, and a psycho-magnetic repulsion from the same. The "object," be it homo sapiens or a mere representation of an organism, is valued only to the degree that the object contains some measure of the inner essence or greater Good. Doing a good deed, for example, may provide intrinsic satisfaction which is only secondary to the greater good of striking a blow against Man's Inhumanity to Mankind. They may turn to this type of Thinking for help in focusing on externals and for closure.They can even masquerade as their opposite type but not without expending considerable energy. The problematic nature of this type of Thinking is its lack of context and proportion. Single impersonal facts may loom large or attain higher priority than more salient principles which are all but overlooked.

1 =
2 =
3 =
4 =

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj
my guesses
1. ENFP
2. INFJ
3. ENFJ
4. INFP

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
1=INFP
2=INFJ
3 = ENFJ
4 = ENFP

Edit: Actually re-reading #1 and seeing that "intuition leans on feeling" I think nightning's right about 1 = ENFP, so I guess 4 would be INFP.

Littlelostnf

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Hope you don't mind if I wait for a few more guesses. Thanks for the ones so far.

Mempy

Mamma said knock you out
I agree with the ENFP, INFJ, ENFJ, INFP conclusion.

Jae Rae

Free-Rangin' Librarian
MBTI Type
INFJ
1= ENFP
2= INFP
3= ENFJ
4= INFJ (verbal artists, fluency with language)

Littlelostnf

MBTI Type
ENFJ
No one else wants to try :( or it's just that everyone agrees with what's here.

Zergling

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ExTJ
1. ENFP
2. INFJ
3. ENFJ
4. INFP

It's not very hard to guess, because the descriptions of "thinking, feeling", etc. come in an expected function order, and I've read these descriptions before, so they have some familiarity.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yep, I agree w/ the ENFP, INFJ, ENFJ, INFP order.

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
No one else wants to try :( or it's just that everyone agrees with what's here.

The descriptions are pretty obvious. It would be cool if there was a bit more obscurity. Perhaps take out every other sentence or use only a quarter of what you did.

I agree with the conventional interpretation of these as well.

Littlelostnf

MBTI Type
ENFJ
The descriptions are pretty obvious. It would be cool if there was a bit more obscurity. Perhaps take out every other sentence or use only a quarter of what you did.

Yes you're right they are obvious and yet for the non forum people I gave it to not one person got it right. I assumed that you all would get it right but I wanted to just see.

The answer is indeed

ENFP
INFJ
ENFJ
INFP

Thank you to those that responded. :)

arcticangel02

To the top of the world
MBTI Type
eNFP
Haha. My guesses without looking at anyone else's were completely the wrong way round. Ah well. :p