• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

ENFP: Proletariat of iNtuitives?

G

garbage

Hmmm... I typed it into google and the first few pages had nothing but ENFJ for Nader. Of the ones I've known, the ENTPs are more activists than the ENFPs. Not sure about the other ENFPs on here, but I couldn't be an activist. It's like beating your head against a wall rather than doing something. Plus I think people are entitled to disagree with me, so I'd fail pretty quickly.

I can't speak for all ENFPs, but to the extent that I'm an activist (I hate the word though, such a negative connotation), it tends to be for less divisive issues such as organizing volunteers and promoting involvement with activities such as Habitat for Humanity and soup kitchens.

There are a few "bootstraps lol" people out there who would disagree with causes such as those, but.. well, I haven't exactly seen much resistance. I'm with you, though; even if they disagreed, I'd probably strain myself in trying to find some way to incorporate their input into what we're doing.

Another main difference between an entp and an enfp is btw, I think an enfp would never say to a nurse while having surgery on his leg, being partially numbed and getting a boner: "I am sorry, I didnt want to give you something to work with here" :D

I'm pretty sure that Gifts Differing mentions this one explicitly, yeah :cheese:

William K

Uniqueorn
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
A lot of ppl have already responded to this. These are the cards that life has dealt to you. Yes, you can improve yourself but you can't change the basics.

If your cards can't win in poker, use them to play another game. There's nothing stopping you. Learn and appreciate your strengths instead of being envious of the strengths of others. Every one of us have a role to play. You just need to find yours.

CJ99

Is Willard in Footloose!!
MBTI Type
ENTP
- Whenever I see an eminent ENP typed, he/she is almost always ENTP. Why? :(

I'd have to disagree it. It seems to me that any ENTP in popular culture is automatically branded an ENFP.

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
Some things really bother me:

1) In all the demographic data on MBTI, why are ENFPs so vastly overrepresentated compared to the other seven intuitives?

2) In the sparse data concerning type and IQ, why do ENFPs have a lower average IQ than the other seven intuitives?

3) Whenever I see an eminent ENP typed, he/she is almost always ENTP. Why? :(

4) What role can an ENFP fill better than other intuitive types a posteriori?

5) I worry alot about this. Have I drawn the short straw in life? :(

Please don't worry.
A very important statistics lesson. Statistics represent how things are now. They don't dictate your actions. If reality changes, the numbers have to change. Not the other way around.

1) No idea. But don't worry. It's not because something is common, that it is less worth. This isn't an economy. Don't overrate scarcity.

2) Maybe because IQ tests test on NT qualities. There are tests which give me an IQ way below the mean and other tests which give me an IQ way above it. Again, don't worry about that. Tests aren't real life.

3) Bias? He/she is succesful, so he/she must be a T? This is wrong reasoning, of course. Maybe eminent persons should be typed anonymously. Give a professional the tests of fifty persons, some eminent, some not, and see what he makes of it. Probably it will be much more evenly distributed.
And even if there is a correlation, nobody says YOU've got to follow the stream!
You can be the succesful ENFP who changes the statistics :D

4) My ENFP sister is a physician and has done voluntary work in a developing country. I feel I can never be this good. Maybe I'm smarter, but I will never be as good as she is.

5) Don't let four letters stand in your way. Knowing your type can help you deciding how you do things, but let it never decide what you do. If an ENTP can be a teacher, an ENFP can be (fill in the blank with your choice!)

wolfy

awsm
I can't believe I had to look a word up to answer this thread. Proletariat of iNtuitives?

I don't understand why you or anyone would care what people think about their type. I think that says more about you than your IQ. The ability to take shit from morons and keep on working is the height of human development. Effectiveness means more than anything in the real world. If you think ENFP get crap think about all the nonsense thrown at S types. Clowns.

Why does it even matter?

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
All I know is that this thread made me :wubbie: some ENFPs and ENTPs a little more.