• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Who is paranoid of other people's functions?

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Who is paranoid of controlling?
Who is paranoid of flexibility?
Who is paranoid of thinking?
Who is paranoid of rationality?

These people are ..

theadoor

*hmmms*
MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
8w9
I'm often pretty paranoid of ESJ people, I've experienced their qualities often may turn out to be like ''no vision, boring ideas, HUGE EGO and strong control''. I really can't stand the persons who have no greater vision for the future plans or activities, but they're constantly trying to take you under their control. However, they often get really pissed of me too, because i constantly question their authority and ''great'' ideas.
Though I can't say that for all of them, the healthy ones are really nice and what's important- also productive.

G

garbage

Paranoid's gonna be a strong word that won't apply for all individuals of given types. So, you can replace 'paranoid' with 'mistrusting' or 'hesitant about'.. something like that.

Me. Ne-dominant, backed up with an Fi sense of "don't freakin' step on my sense of individuality or personal freedom."

This particular 'paranoia' is pretty common with ENxPs, but I figure that ENTPs can at least partially stomach that control when it happens under a hierarchy or a system of rules and concepts.

.. wait, do you mean "paranoid of having the position to control things" or "paranoid of being controlled"? Because I answered for the latter.

I imagine this would be more of an SJ fear. But you knew that already.

Yeah, I don't know if you're going to find anyone to field these. I'm not sure what this means, exactly.

nanook

a scream in a vortex
i used to have a Te phobia 6 years ago. this cold reductionist categorizing and reductionist prioritizing of evil extj, lol. at that time i also believed in the convenient mbti myth that states, that my type* is not supposed to use Te but Ti. obviously i am healed from that period and now i am a good old "fuck it or kill" it Te user :D i haven't forgotten my roots (NiFe) though, so i will never be like a real extj (meaning an average/young extj who discriminates other functions for the sake of Te). to be clear: i always used Te at the speed of light, like in fights, but unconsciously and not intellectually.

edit: i know my Se, thank you. its all the red crust in my cellar. its also perception and the fact that interaction occurs, but not it's content. and i have always loved it, when it kicked it. but usually it's not there and so i have to avoid a lot of interaction, because i would be overwhelmed.

i was talking about intuitive access to valid straight edge bullshit detector kind of logic. that kind, that can't be fooled by those PeTi wishful thinking's dishonest fake arguments. conscious Te is different from unconscious automatic Te, since it can be applied to theory, that is to say, whatever one focuses on, even sensitive details. unconscious functions are in autopilot and deal with the major/gross immediate situation.

i am still pretty much paranoid about my Fi, but at least i understand what Fi really is, unlike some people. Fi users annoy me more because of their own shadows (if the shadows are hyperactive), than because of their Fi. i am literally paranoid about my own Fi. what tricks is it pulling? i can't see it. Fe gets in the way.

*(at that time i had diagnosed myself as INFJ, despite test results, which were 50/50 J/P)

Shaunward

I don't trust feelers, ultimately. I can't grasp their motives or understand them. It's all a blackbox as far as I can tell. I never know where they stand, which is a great deal of bother to me.

nanook

a scream in a vortex
yeah, but we just hide it from you, for your convenience :D
(and our safety)

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
to be clear: i always used Te at the speed of light, like in fights, but unconsciously and not intellectually.

Unconscious, instinctive, not intellectually, and comes up in highly stressful situations like fights?

That sounds an awful lot like inferior Se...not Te.

Te is deliberate and methodical. It insists on making decisions and planning expediently so that stuff can get done, but it doesn't make unconscious, light-speed gut responses based purely on the present moment. That's Se's domain.

Shaunward

yeah, but we just hide it from you, for your convenience :D
(and our safety)

Probably for the best.

On tests, I score 0% feeling, 100% thinking. I'm not likely to understand even a quantum of your emotions. If I can't understand, how can I sympathise?

Kra

Black Magic Buzzard
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
Oops, deleted post, thinking I had misunderstood the OP, only to find that Sim commented on it. Guess I was wrong, so here it is again. :doh:

I've found that an inferior Se can manipulate Fi into nagging the other functions to get what it wants. If that makes any sense at all. :D

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Oops, deleted post, thinking I had misunderstood the OP, only to find that Sim commented on it. Guess I was wrong, so here it is again. :doh:

I've found that an inferior Se can manipulate Fi into nagging the other functions to get what it wants. If that makes any sense at all. :D

It certainly does.

(I deleted mine too, after seeing yours was gone.) :)

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA

These people are ..

I don't mind controlling, as long as it has a point and isn't for the sake of control. ie. I'll happily follow or agree with orders if I can see some value in them and no harm in them.

I love flexibility, from schedules to physical.

I never find real thinking draining or tedious, just the imitation that involves long words which say very little. On that topic, when will scientists write papers that have an average word length below 10 letters and average sentence length below 50 words? I can read them, but it would be so much easier to just communicate clearly and concisely. It would make the paper shorter too. Apparently no one seems to have figured this out though and they use the last woefully written piece of crap as a template for the next one. I think I hate my main reference in most projects I work on.

Scared of people making sense? My biggest gripe is that they don't, though at the same time I love the diversity.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Probably for the best.

On tests, I score 0% feeling, 100% thinking. I'm not likely to understand even a quantum of your emotions. If I can't understand, how can I sympathise?
I suspect this is similar for many people for various reasons. There is one drawback to relating to someone else's feelings - it can result in projection which can be less understanding than simply not relating. I can't relate to the way everyone experiences emotions, but I can observe it like I do physical illness. I don't know what it is like to have certain diseases, but through observation I can respect and understand it causes distress. It is almost always best to show support by simply asking the person what they need. Some people can figure it out without asking, but I'm not sure that is such an advantage. It's true that emotions can be more befuddling than physical illnesses, but there is a principle here that can apply to some degree and in some cases.

Shaunward

I suspect this is similar for many people for various reasons. There is one drawback to relating to someone else's feelings - it can result in projection which can be less understanding than simply not relating. I can't relate to the way everyone experiences emotions, but I can observe it like I do physical illness. I don't know what it is like to have certain diseases, but through observation I can respect and understand it causes distress. It is almost always best to show support by simply asking the person what they need. Some people can figure it out without asking, but I'm not sure that is such an advantage. It's true that emotions can be more befuddling than physical illnesses, but there is a principle here that can apply to some degree and in some cases.

I understand things by reason or physical mechanism. To understand an illness, it's best for me to understand the biochemistry, which in turn affects the physiology. I can compare the changes in physiology to other illnesses, hypothesize similar symptoms and from there make comparisons. I don't rely on reading between the lines - I ask and state directly. My observations, ultimately, come down to direct observation.

It's not that I can't understand what a person's emotions are. I understand the difference between happiness, anger, sadness, apathy. I just simply feel unaffected.

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
I'm not really afraid of any of them...
I seek controlling.
When confronted with flexibility, I tend to get prepared. The more P my environment, the more J I become.
I get weary of emotions. I'm okay with them for some amount, but the amounts displayed eg. in a soap opera are way too high.
I get never tired of thinking :D

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
Same. I see flexible situation coming and get all the info I'll need to be able to adapt and do well in it.