• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

strengthening Si: meditation?

sofmarhof

MBTI Type
INTP
These are rather silly/ridiculous, but they might help you experience Si enough for it to further develop into something more useful. Or not.

1) Read a book about a place you want to travel to before you go there. Read a biography of Van Gogh and look at his paintings before you go to Arles, or read a novel set in New York before you visit, whatever appeals to you. You don't have to travel anywhere far or expensive... When I read Walden I didn't have to fly cross-country to New England, I just drove 20 minutes to the nature preserve near my house in California.

2) Act like the people in your favorite novels or movies. I find it way too much fun, for example, to drink tea while watching Jeeves & Wooster or reading Oscar Wilde or doing anything else England-related. If I owned any frilly dresses, I'd put one on to watch Marie Antoinette.

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
We all have our own best answers, Ooooom:

My entp can remember every detail of past convos word by word. It is odd. She is much more verbal memory it seems than me. However she said she cannot remember past sensations. I realized I cannot either.

However I can imagine future touch-taste-smell sensations and some visual sensations. She can imagine visual-auditory future sensations very well.

maybe dont try and remember something from the past-instead imagine something?

Thus, to strengthen Si, evoke forms.

That's to say, day dream, but not of great metaphysical stories. Instead, concretise the story, place it in a setting wherein all objects are to be interacted with. Avoid, where possible, leaving the setting of the story. Or if you, or your character, must leave, then they must employ physical means.

Ironically, it is Ms Sapienne who provides the guide:

Question; is Ni a masturbatory function, seriously, is it?!?

:huh:

You know what you have to do.

Ozz

MBTI Type
ISTJ
I read all the posts above and I have no clue how those activities use Si.:huh:

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
Si isn't really memories, is it? There's memories, and then there is the composite object understood as ideal, right? So, a good chocolate cake will have X and Y and Z qualities, and if it did have them, then it would be one instance of the ideal. These qualities X, Y and Z come from experience, but also from something more, some virtualisation of that experience that produces the true object.

One presumably exercises tertiary or inferior Si by consciously going through some process that builds the composite, or encourages the user to collect together the former sense impressions into a virtual object, a thing of Si itself rather than a thing of the world.

So, basically, if ENFPs have a warm bath and light some incense candles, maybe play some familiar sweet music... they'll exercise Si. :nerd::footballreferee::9436::glasses:

I completely and utterly just made that up, but it sounds good to me.

sculpting

So, basically, if ENFPs have a warm bath and light some incense candles, maybe play some familiar sweet music... they'll exercise Si. :nerd::footballreferee::9436::glasses:

I completely and utterly just made that up, but it sounds good to me.

I am sure it does....:devil:

sticker

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
I read all the posts above and I have no clue how those activities use Si.:huh:

Same here....

Just do a lot of research on topics you enjoy?
I realise that I usually end up looking for walkthroughs and guides for games I love playing. Don't just read one walkthrough, read a couple to know what works best for you and to get a better view of the different ways of playing that game. And then doing some hardcore metagaming. You know, nitty-gritty details like damage formula calculations to find the most optimal route for powerleveling, etc... For action games, look up youtube video tutorials on tips and tricks on how to complete a certain section or defeating an enemy. That worked really well for me with Monster Hunter.
The amount of time I spend amassing information regarding the topic of interest is usually ends up being the same or more than the amount of time I spend doing it... :blush:

Basically, gathering a huge internal library before you embark on something?

(Well, I don't even know what I posted helps improve Si or uses Si. lol)

BlueGray

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Same here....

Just do a lot of research on topics you enjoy?
I realise that I usually end up looking for walkthroughs and guides for games I love playing. Don't just read one walkthrough, read a couple to know what works best for you and to get a better view of the different ways of playing that game. And then doing some hardcore metagaming. You know, nitty-gritty details like damage formula calculations to find the most optimal route for powerleveling, etc... For action games, look up youtube video tutorials on tips and tricks on how to complete a certain section or defeating an enemy. That worked really well for me with Monster Hunter.
The amount of time I spend amassing information regarding the topic of interest is usually ends up being the same or more than the amount of time I spend doing it... :blush:

Basically, gathering a huge internal library before you embark on something?

(Well, I don't even know what I posted helps improve Si or uses Si. lol)

To me all that is Si except the planning/calculating deal, since that's now using a judgement. With how much I identify with this it is definitely a point of commonality between us INTPs and ISTJs.

Listening to old favorites in music exercises Si too, I would think.