• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Public Service Announcement to Paranoid Fi doms

G

Ginkgo

This is you and me right now.

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qM-gZintWDc"]You & Me[/YOUTUBE]

You presume to know everything about me because I am an INFP.

If you want to understand, really understand, I'm in.

Your move, chief.

:yay:

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
^ you're next. But you're not ready yet and besides, you are entirely different.

sim might be ready.

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
*bends over* Okay mommy. Me ready for spanking. Your arm tired? Mommy need nap?

No, you're struggling with identity issues. You feel lost and are not sure who you are. You take on different personas here like you change your clothes, trying to see what fits.

You have different concerns. I would love to talk to you more, so you can PM me any time you want on the condition you'll be genuine and drop the game playing.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Sometimes...if I listen reaaaly carefully...I can hear the transmissions from the mother ship. But it's very faint. :peepwall:

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
Is poki leading people astray now too?

I know he cares, that he wouldn't keep replying if I had no impact -

I saw some stuff about rationality earlier. So, it's incumbent upon me to ask, "I had no impact"?

To emphasize rationality (in the standard sense) is to identify with the truth (in the standard sense) of the words you speak. Or someone speaks. To put the importance of the conversation on the truth of the words.

People, use your MBTI handbooks! Tertiary Fe is tertiary.

Anyhoo, does no one see that you all use the same methods of rationality, WITH COMPLETELY DIFFERENT FOCUS! And to use your focus to say something about their focus is... well, you need to be smarter, that's all I'm saying.

G

Ginkgo

Sometimes...if I listen reaaaly carefully...I can hear the transmissions from the mother ship. But it's very faint. :peepwall:

No, those are Japanese transmissions. :yes:

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lm6CXv8pIt4&feature=related"]Japanese Crossdressing[/YOUTUBE]

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Seems to me you feel threatened that people can know what you feel.
And when people feel threatened, they fall back on their assumptions.
The assumption being, it can't possibly be true.

It can't possibly be that it's actually you who has a problem, right?
I went through this earlier with an ESTJ basher.
Her solution to life was blame ESTJs.
All ESTJs are assholes, to her.

Now here you are blaming INFPs for messing with your little feelings.

How convenient to just conjure up 4 letters like the ghost of Elvis.

Got gardening issues? Blame ESFPs
Got plumbing issues? Blame INTPs
Got insect issues? Blame ENTJs
Got Jock Itch, well, blame Jock The Motie!

I'm not your buddy who hates ESTJs, nor am I blaming all INFPs for everything.

I know some INFPs who are delightful people. Unfortunately there aren't very many of them in this thread.

I also know some ENTJs who suck at trolling. :)

This is you and me right now.

You presume to know everything about me because I am an INFP.

If you want to understand, really understand, I'm in.

Your move, chief.

I don't presume to know anything except the things I've explicitly stated.

So let's get this straight: You are...

A) Claiming psychic knowledge of my private thoughts, and
B) Complaining that I "presume to know everything about you"?

It seems to me that you're the one presuming to know everything about me, actually, with your self-righteous proclamations of my own thoughts and feelings for me.

Interesting, though, that you think I presume to know everything about you based on the letters I, N, F and P. This strikes at the entire point of the thread, actually--

INFP is just a generalized label that makes a very broad description of the cognitive processes you feel most comfortable using. By no means does it describe everything about who you are, and yet--you assume that I think it does.

So what's a paranoid Fi dom, then? Maybe someone who takes typology for far more than it's intended to be, and erroneously assumes anyone who uses it must grossly misunderstand it as badly as you do.

If you think I believe the letters "INFP" tell me everything about you, you haven't been paying attention and you don't know the first thing about my interpretations of typology. This is exactly what the OP is referring to--if you actually knew what typology is about and the ways in which I and other proponents make use of it, you wouldn't even suggest that I think it explains the entire measure of a person in four letters.

But please, by all means, carry on pretending you can define my opinions for me and then hypocritically accusing me of claiming to know everything about you.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
That's what Hitler said about his pals before throwing them in his easy bake oven.
You set this thread up to troll INFPs.

Keep it up and I might just amend my INFP genocide plan to include ENTJs too! :hi:

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
I don't know anything about you sim. You just don't get it. So, carry on.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I don't know anything about you. You just don't get it. So, carry on.

In that case, I don't know why you're making posts telling me how I feel about you.

As much as I love Good Will Hunting, I think this is more like you at the moment:

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3ABE3wvxzA"]PeaceCleo[/YOUTUBE]

I'm sure you don't get it, though. You don't get anything (especially not what a weak argument simply repeating "you don't get it" is.)

You and what army?

128308720_f482ddfef1.jpg

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
Well, I can't make you understand, and you don't think there's anything TO understand - not sure what else I can try. I'm using the wrong words, somehow. Inappropriate symbolism, perhaps. I risk being mocked here, and I accept that too. We speak a different language I suppose you and I. But I extend a hand and I can accept that it is either not taken or accepted.

So, I shall truly exit this thread. Been an interesting exercise.

ouroboros.jpg

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Well, I can't make you understand, and you don't think there's anything TO understand - not sure what else I can try. I'm using the wrong words, somehow. Inappropriate symbolism, perhaps. I risk being mocked here, and I accept that too. We speak a different language I suppose you and I. But I extend a hand and I can accept that it is either not taken or accepted.

So, I shall truly exit this thread. Been an interesting exercise.

lol, fair enough. If you want to see an NFP who's really, really good at explaining Fi language to befuddled Ti-ers, follow amargith's lead.

If you really genuinely want to explain something, you can feel free to post on my wall. But for the last 10 or so posts you seem to have just been trying to out-troll me, which (as I should know!) is not very good for genuine communication.

I am kinda curious what it is that I'm supposed to understand, though. Try to put it in coldly logical terms?

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This is for you sim:

You are Senator DeHaven: I am G.I. Jane.

Watch time index from 2:30 to 7:30 on the clip.

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TG3Bqjf1eXE"]Fe vs Fi[/YOUTUBE]

I dont get it. I havent seen the movie...but the senator sounded fine. I think Jane needs to take a chill pill.

That was a nice lil video. Though I'm not really sure that "has to be" Fi. I've known SFJs to pull the whole "how could you ever know!!! you didnt experience ______ or ask me about _____!".

lol, if you say so. What do you think Fe is, exactly? Mindless conformity? Fe doesn't mean automatically falling in with whatever the popular ethical standard in your immediate surroundings is, especially not in combination with Ni.

All it means is that your sense of ethics comes from some external standard (that doesn't have to be the people immediately around you) and is dependent upon definition of some external goal/conditions in order to decide what's ethical.

Fe =/= Fe/Si... I actually think this is even more misunderstood than Fi.

Ken Stabler was all Fum's.

What about rich gannon?

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
^ you're next. But you're not ready yet and besides, you are entirely different.

sim might be ready.

I dunno if you meant this as a joke but: agreed. And that's what is kinda infuriating at times. He seems to want to understand, then at that last moment, he for some reason completely twists it. Or forgets what before he seemed to understand. It's annoying as it rekindles hope as I for one would love to be able to share this with people who actually wanna know. It would be awesome to exchange that Ti-Fi info with an ENTP and actually see them get it and at the same time understand them.

lol, fair enough. If you want to see an NFP who's really, really good at explaining Fi language to befuddled Ti-ers, follow amargith's lead.

If you really genuinely want to explain something, you can feel free to post on my wall. But for the last 10 or so posts you seem to have just been trying to out-troll me, which (as I should know!) is not very good for genuine communication.

I am kinda curious what it is that I'm supposed to understand, though. Try to put it in coldly logical terms?

You may not like her method, and you may not want to believe in the thing that NFPs do, but she's got a point. And although I appreciate your compliment, my method with you doesn't seem to be working either. I appreciate Peacebaby's attempt to get you thinking, despite your defensive attitude (yes, I said it, I interpreted your behavior and made an educated guess as to your emotional state, oh noes!). I also think that the reason you keep bugging INFPs is probably because you wanna understand, and are perhaps annoyed that you can't because you seem unwilling to accept certain parts of who INFPs are, both those that are still struggling with themselves and otherwise. It's a pity because you do give off all the signals of someone who wants to know and who's able of understanding it. That's more than I can say for most of the people I encounter irl or otherwise, and as it is rare and I love exchanging info and seeing them understand me and vice versa, it's exhilirating. It's also the reason that I for one keep trying to explain this to you (and hope you'll do the same with me), despite knowing I'm likely to be disappointed in the end at this point. I can't resist trying though. So lemme know if you wanna give it another go :)